Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

What's the easiest champion to play?

Creator: MissWitch July 2, 2012 12:09am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 3, 2012 8:55am | Report
I think Riven is a lot harder than that. Positioning and utilizing her passive most efficiently is harder than say... Garen's Spin2winDEMACIAAA.
A Chubby Baby
<Veteran>
A Chubby Baby's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 3, 2012 8:56am | Report
riven takes skill to win with, else you're playing against noobs.. it's that simple.
Icarus Stark
<Member>
Icarus Stark's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 3, 2012 8:56am | Report

I think Riven is a lot harder than that. Positioning and utilizing her passive most efficiently is harder than say... Garen's Spin2winDEMACIAAA.

Obviously Garen is an easier champion than Riven, however compared to many others, it takes much less skill to actually do well with her.

"Tomorrow belongs to me"
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 3, 2012 8:58am | Report
Riven snowballs well and pubstomps. That's it.

For noobs who play Riven and get fed, all they need to do is to go full on in on someone to get kills because she has four blinks, which is why some people think Riven's easier to play.

However, it takes a lot of skill to play her effectively in a game.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 3, 2012 8:59am | Report
You'd be surprised at how many Riven's blow her cooldowns to do damage then can't use Broken Wings or Valor to escape a gank. You have to worry about when to use her moves, because they are multipurpose. I think that makes her skill cap somewhat higher than the average bruiser.
A Chubby Baby
<Veteran>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 3, 2012 9:01am | Report
which is also why riven is so fun :D
Icarus Stark
<Member>
Icarus Stark's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 3, 2012 9:05am | Report

You'd be surprised at how many Riven's blow her cooldowns to do damage then can't use Broken Wings or Valor to escape a gank. You have to worry about when to use her moves, because they are multipurpose. I think that makes her skill cap somewhat higher than the average bruiser.

I'll just take that as a compliment, considering I have yet to do any of those. Another thing is, she can choose to either commit fully or just dance in half hearted banter - she has more than one gap closer, and if you initiate with a Q, you wouldn't be punished as hard as say, irelia or nasus, again, because you could just E or W then E instantly after. You don't get punished for making mistakes.

Another thing is, if she gets a few kills early game, 90% chance that she would snow ball, and snow ball hard. Heck, even if she isn't, she could still make up for it with her amazing creep clearing moves.

edit: My opinion that Riven is not a hard champion to play was in defence of the comment that apparently all those that think Riven is an easy champion to play is obviously butt hurt. Just clearing that out.

"Tomorrow belongs to me"
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 3, 2012 9:06am | Report
Riven is one of the scariest snowball champs in the game. Don't ever feed Riven. XD
A Chubby Baby
<Veteran>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 3, 2012 9:09am | Report
riven carries all~
Zell
<Member>
Zell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 3, 2012 9:12am | Report

Actually, I play Riven A LOT and admit that she is, in fact, easy. If a Riven player is even remotely good, there is a high chance they would dominate that top lane. She's one of the strongest - practically good at all levels, with high burst potential and an amazing short cool down ult. She has a shield, decent gap closers, a short (but still amazing) stun and...her kit is just like woah.

She's not hard to play when she practically decimates other solo tops without a sweat, compared to champions like Irelia and Nasus.

I can't believe you even mentioned Nasus. Yeah Nasus gets crushed by most competitive top laners but that doesn't make him remotely difficult to play. This is a thread regarding the ease of handling the mechanics of certain champions at a high level, not whom is strongest. For example a champion that has been appearing a lot is Garen due to the fact that in terms of skill-set use their isn't a whole lot of difference between one at 1600 elo and that at 2k+ (obviously positioning, items etc will differ) but that is a whole other matter.

Yeah, she may stomp many match-ups along with Darius & Jax but it is the manner of which she does so that differs. As oppose to a Jax charging passive to 3x then jumping on the target and auto-attacking him to death.
Credit to Jeff and jhois for creating my signature and avatar design.
If I helped +Rep, if I didn't then +Rep the person who did.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide