Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Where art thou, Xerath?

Creator: devdevil September 11, 2012 11:59pm
TheJohn
<Editor>
TheJohn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 12, 2012 3:55pm | Report

@TheJohn Friend, there are only a few champs that ARE viable. And by a few, I mean 55-75. In their current state, champs like poppy, nasus, heimerdinger, ziggs, etc are so outclassed by other champions, there is no point in playing them.

Could we work on a list?
NinjaGinge
<Editor>
NinjaGinge's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 12, 2012 4:56pm | Report

Xerath
Pros:
Great range, great aoe, cc, strong damage

Cons:
Single target stun, can't get gapclosers off of him, ****py passive, and worst of all, has to stand still to cast his spells. While combo'ing, he can be standing still for +/- 3 seconds.

Pretty much this. I love the champ but how his kit comes together he pretty much asks to be murdered
Credit goes to JEFFY40HANDS for this godly imposing Viktor
Hey, you should help me on acquiring Medieval Twitch!! :D
http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=507f1031d2ab3250817727
cooper56
<Member>
cooper56's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 12, 2012 5:10pm | Report

Xerath
Pros:
Great range, great aoe, cc, strong damage

Cons:
Single target stun, can't get gapclosers off of him, ****py passive, and worst of all, has to stand still to cast his spells. While combo'ing, he can be standing still for +/- 3 seconds.

Really really really... yes because having lots of armor is bad right? You realize he gets insane armor late game without building it.
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
The Overmyynd's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 12, 2012 5:26pm | Report
Pretty much what I said.
Hey, if you liked any advice i gave, be sure to +rep me! Oh, and check out my Shaco and Maokail lorecraft in my Blog! I'm a starving artist in need of attention, so please feel free to read, respond, and critique me! Please? Anybody that leaves a comment (good or bad) will receive a +rep!
throatslasher
<Member>
throatslasher's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 13, 2012 8:33am | Report
cooper56 wrote:

Really really really... yes because having lots of armor is bad right? You realize he gets insane armor late game without building it.

Since you're acting a like a little petulent sarcastic *****, i'll just list all the mages that have 10x better passives

annie
akali
anivia
ahri
brand
casseopia
fizz
fiddlesticks
gragas
ap janna
karthus
katarina
malzahar
morde
morgana
orianna
ryze
swain
veigar
vlad
ziggs
zilean
zyra

Puts things in perspective, eh?
how ****ing useful is armor in a mage vs mage lane?
Also, if you don't get hit with any physical damage in a teamfight, it's like you didn't even have a ****ing passive to begin with. So how about you stop acting ilke a ***** while adults are having a real conversation about xerath?
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
TheJohn
<Editor>
TheJohn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 13, 2012 10:16am | Report

how ****ing useful is armor in a mage vs mage lane?
Also, if you don't get hit with any physical damage in a teamfight, it's like you didn't even have a ****ing passive to begin with.

This is totally true, 100% agreed
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 13, 2012 1:09pm | Report
The passive is built for late game. Im sure everyone understands that having a lot of armor when fighting a pure mage isn't very useful, but after a couple of towers go down ascended form becomes highly relevant. You, Throatslasher, may be able to play mid and be so amazingly OP with every single champ in the game as to force the now cowering enemy team to /surrender at the 20 minute mark every single time, but those of us that are not LoL gods like you happen to reach late game quite frequently.

And no, that long list of champions that happen use spells to damage opponents was not at all enlightening, nor did it put anything in perspective. And if you want to talk about a worthless passive, Ziggs passive is WAY less impressive than Xerath. I would kindly suggest you take a slightly closer look at your 'perspective' list.

P.S. Was the /sarcasm in the first paragraph not evident enough? Because I can pour it on more if I need to.
Hey, if you liked any advice i gave, be sure to +rep me! Oh, and check out my Shaco and Maokail lorecraft in my Blog! I'm a starving artist in need of attention, so please feel free to read, respond, and critique me! Please? Anybody that leaves a comment (good or bad) will receive a +rep!
BlackIceT
<Member>
BlackIceT's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 13, 2012 1:51pm | Report

If you want to talk about a worthless passive, Ziggs passive is WAY less impressive than Xerath.

Actually Ziggs passive is not a bad passive. In the early levels his passive does very good damage quite often which can make you enemy waste potions without you even needing to land a singe Bouncing Bomb

For mid to late game his passive combined with Lich Bane allows Ziggs to push towers at an incredible rate for an AP mid champion. You can pretty much 4 hit a tower with all Lich Bane procs alone. And since Ziggs is a natural pusher with his kit his passive makes plenty of sense. For any argument about that all of his spells are AoE so that clearly screams pusher as he can take minions out in seconds.

My #1 Guides:

Check out my new Cassiopeia Guide: Cassiopeia - The Venomous Monarch

Thank you Jhoijhoi for my stamps!
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 13, 2012 1:56pm | Report
Dont get me wrong, i love ziggs, i bought him the day he came out and played the **** out of him. I just think that his major strength lies in the fact that his harass outranges 80% of other mids, and if you have to get in AA range to harass someone with him, its kind of a waste.
throatslasher
<Member>
throatslasher's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 13, 2012 3:11pm | Report
ziggs passive makes him a godly harasser and last hitter. At level 1-3, you can outtrade your opponent with BB and auto attack. It has utility, unlike xerath passive. If you get jumped on, 50 extra armor is unlikely to save you if your flash is down. It's completely pointless, ESPECIALLY if they're running a double ap comp and amumu jungle. Xerath passive, 0 utility. Ziggs passive, tons of utility.
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide