Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Why do garens stack suncapes so much

Creator: Gravefury August 28, 2010 7:20pm
1 2 3
Gravefury
<Member>
Gravefury's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 28, 2010 7:20pm | Report
Why does everyone think Garen should be mainly played a tank? every friggin game I see garens stacking suncapes, it's ridiculously ******ed. I haven't seen anyone play dps/hybrid garen other then me, and I have great scores compared to the garens that stack suncapes.
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 28, 2010 7:20pm | Report
Gravefury wrote:

Why does everyone think Garen should be mainly played a tank... every friggin game I see garens stacking suncapes... It's ridicilous I haven't seen anyone play dps garen other then me. and I have great scores

I think it's usually sunfiresunfiresunfiresunfire ATMAS. then the end. Not sure why.

Dirty Goolash
<Veteran>
Dirty Goolash's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 28, 2010 7:34pm | Report
They do it because it gives them the survivability they need to run into the middle of the enemy team and spin, while also giving great DPS output, synergizing well with his spin. I don;t necessarily consider it a tank build, but like I said, it gives surivability and damage. It can actually be very viable.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
Gravefury
<Member>
Gravefury's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 28, 2010 7:35pm | Report
Yeah somthing like that, some even get thornmails and GA as last item. I have not seen a garen using a last infinity/ghostblade/phantom dancer yet, it's very odd.
I usually get a thornmail/force of nature and a suncape for survivability. I've tried playing suncape garen, it was one of the fewer builds I've used when I just started out using garen, very easy to get a good score with it. I been in that situation with a hybrid and tank garen where I had to really carry my team to victory on TT. I could actually do damage to the turrets with hybrid. I had teammates 1-6 and 0-7 on TT and still manage to comeback with a 15-10 playing hybrid(thornmail and suncape), and I am pretty sure I couldn't do that with a tank suncape garen because my damage input would be to low to destroy the turrets fast enough . and of all the garen's I played I just destroyed them because all they do is stack suncapes. and can't kill me
Gigaffect
<Member>
Gigaffect's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2010 1:55pm | Report
I can see one or two being good, but not four. Any build that stacks just one item seems lazy to me.

Click on them. You know you want to. Except Jax. He's just there for color.
Yo, I'm Urgot. See that plane? BOOM.
Zeecron
<Member>
Zeecron's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2010 5:08am | Report
I don't stack Sunfires :D

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/updated-7-03-10-garen-the-might-of-critical-hits-2210

I've had this guide up on here for a while now, I need to touch it up, but I think its near the top of the rating for guides, anyway, I do agree Sunfire Garen is Zzz...
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2010 6:35am | Report
If Potatis sees your post, Zeec, you will face his wrath of anti-guild-advertising on the forums.

I pity you.
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2010 6:42am | Report
Ohh scrax you know me all to well :)

and i am tierd of preaching about this ****. if your gonna post guides i know i'm not takeing a look
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2010 6:50am | Report
"PotatisFarfar", Swedish right? (Off-topic grande, but wth)
Shrillex
<Veteran>
Shrillex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2010 2:17pm | Report
I'm surprised there are no garen sunfire builds here. I call dibs!
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide