Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Why Fizz takes no skill

Creator: Xander756 February 26, 2013 11:39am

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 26, 2013 5:10pm | Report
I spy two losses with Darius in that match history.

Anyway, going for popcorn and tea and stuff. Anyone else up for it?
Xander756
<Member>
Xander756's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 26, 2013 5:25pm | Report
DillButt64 wrote:

i see no miss fortune games at all, and whan you play an adc you go Graves

two of your three ranked games were as MF i guess thats counted as maining

Obviously you are making that up because I have never played a ranked game. The fact you claim I have played three is false. Nice try.
ChaosxSoul
<Member>
ChaosxSoul's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 26, 2013 5:26pm | Report
sirell wrote:

I spy two losses with Darius in that match history.

Anyway, going for popcorn and tea and stuff. Anyone else up for it?

I am. Hopefully this will be as fun as the last time.
Thanks to TinyStar for making me this awesome sig
Xander756
<Member>
Xander756's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 26, 2013 5:26pm | Report
MyRepublic wrote:

The fact that that's a lie and you don't main MF begs to differ.

Oh but it's not a lie. Looking at my last 10 games really gives you a good glimpse into my 600+ game history of champ selection, right? I main Miss Fortune almost every Summoner's Rift game I play. I only play Graves on Dominion.
Aseafy
<Member>
Aseafy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 26, 2013 5:37pm | Report
I think he has got the terms mixed up. Fizz's untargetability is pretty broken. However, he is not overpowered because many ap do his job and even better. UNTARGETABILITY IS BROKEN.

Darius' ultimate is broken. However, Darius is not op.

just my thoughts, maybe I'm wrong.
In-depth guide to the Twisted Treeline - Whether you want to play competitively or for fun (:
Find the fun of ranked 3's by clicking here!

Thank you to The Nameless Bard for my signature!
Xander756
<Member>
Xander756's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 26, 2013 5:41pm | Report
Aseafy wrote:

I think he has got the terms mixed up. Fizz's untargetability is pretty broken. However, he is not overpowered because many ap do his job and even better. UNTARGETABILITY IS BROKEN.

Darius' ultimate is broken. However, Darius is not op.

just my thoughts, maybe I'm wrong.

Hmm I've said both of those exact things and everybody jumped down my throat. I said Darius' ult needs to be nerfed so as to not refresh upon a kill and in the article I argued that Fizz needs to have the untargetability taken off his E. Strange how I say it and everybody yells at me, but you saying it nobody cares.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 26, 2013 5:54pm | Report
Pretty sure that's not what you said, you said Darius as a whole was broken/OP.

I completely agree that Darius' ult is ******ed. It's irritating, badly designed and does far too much damage even if he builds full tank.
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 26, 2013 6:00pm | Report
so you dont play a ranked game but you say "THIS CHAMPION IS OP RAGE RAGE RAGE" all the time?

and in the past 7 days youve only played MF twice, with a very subpar average score between those two games

yeah i guess you do main MF with only two games as her recently

also you said darius and fizz are both OP, he only pointed out that being untargetable is op and that darius' ult is op

Fizz isnt op because his ultimate is a skillshot, meaning he can miss it and itll be useless

Fizz is also a melee champion and they have a hard time mid lane
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
I post stuff
<Member>
I post stuff's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 26, 2013 6:20pm | Report
Tbh, a fed Fizz is scary but still really squishy. The challenge is in trying to properly focus the guy and dodge his ult before he wrecks your team.

Oh and, you can shut him down early and he won't make a comeback unless someone else on his team gets very fed.

OP? No.

Not fun to play against? Yes.

Fun to play? Yes.
I don't play LoL anymore.
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 26, 2013 7:09pm | Report
I think I figured it out.

He wants Fizz to stop troll poling his dunks.

Makes so much sense now o_o

@Aseafy Invuln isn't OP.

What makes a certain mechanic overpowered is defined by how well that mechanic can do its job.

ie Poppy killing carries. If Poppy can kill carries with ease then she would be OP. She however is poorly unbalanced because to be able to reach that anti-carry status she has to go through a ****ty lane phase.

Another example is AP Trynds heal. The intended gameplay with the heal is to build up fury, then using it to heal,thus creating possible counter play, balancing it. But because building AP goes into the base value, AP Trynd is able to bypass all counter play options, making it OP.

Playful/Trickster's job is to either disengage Fizz through slipperiness (thus the Invuln) or to wave clear. The counter play to the wave clear is that he will have no disengage for a long time, a rather large mana cost + small mana pool, him sacrificing burst that could be used to kill someone, etc. The counter play for disengaging is that it has a long cool down/high mana cost, and a comparatively short Invuln duration.

If it were truly OP, it wouldn't have any counter play options, such as a tiny mana cost, increased range (there are some walls you can't vault over), and a longer Invuln duration, and maybe even a second disengage added into his kit.

Other champions such as Vladimir has a longer Invuln duration too, but his cannot go over walls, sacrifices health which he needs as a close range caster, and a long cool down.

Zhonyas makes you immobile for its duration, which if used incorrectly can kill you/let enemies escape. And no, the increased duration wasn't a buff.

Tl; dr Counterplay makes his Invuln balanced.

Got this explanation from reddit btw.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide