Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Why made Ezreal so Popular?

Creator: DemonSovereign December 29, 2012 9:56pm
1 2
What do you think made Ezreal popular?
DemonSovereign
<Member>
DemonSovereign's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 29, 2012 9:56pm | Report
This came up in one of my threads, so I've been wondering what made Ezreal so popular. Please vote in the poll! Also provide a brief or long explanation to why you think your choice of vote made Ezreal popular. If you selected "Other", please provide a comment on what that "Other" trait is and why you think it made Ezreal popular.

Edit: I just noticed I derp'd up the title. Originally I wanted "Why is Ezreal so Popular?" but it wasn't really what I was trying to ask. I planned on changing it to "What made Ezreal so Popular?", but I forgot to change to "Why" to "What"...Stupid me :c
My first self made sig ^_^
Care to check out my Mordekaiser guide? I'd appreciate it :D
Dark Metallica-Rocking With Mordekaiser
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 29, 2012 10:04pm | Report
Arcane Shift and Mystic Shot make him pretty much the safest and most slippery AD in the game. He pokes well and can kite forever.

People saw him getting played constantly in tournaments and jumped on the bandwagon.
MyRepublic
<Member>
MyRepublic's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 29, 2012 10:14pm | Report
^

Thank you Miss Maw, CasterMaster and Arcana3 for the sweet sigs. I'd definitely recommend you to anyone looking for a nice sig.

"But we are stronger creatures than babies, why cant we hunt them?"- Meiyjhe
DemonSovereign
<Member>
DemonSovereign's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 29, 2012 10:14pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

Arcane Shift and Mystic Shot make him pretty much the safest and most slippery AD in the game. He pokes well and can kite forever.

So basically his kit is what made him so popular. Caitlyn could do that too, to some extent anyways. But her net is a "dash" not "blink", and her Q has a higher CD. Her other abilities are different from Ez's though.
Thanks TinyStar for the amazing sig<3
Care to check out my Mordekaiser guide? I'd appreciate it :D
Dark Metallica-Rocking With Mordekaiser
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 29, 2012 10:21pm | Report
Arcane Shift is instant, slightly longer range and also the cooldown is reduced by 1 second for each Mystic Shot (which is also why his ult cooldown is virtually nonexistant) resulting in a theoretical minimum of 9 seconds if he doesn't have any CDR.

Like most dashes, Caitlyn's net has some very strange interactions and will get interrupted while still going on cooldown if you get hit with CC.
MyRepublic
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 29, 2012 10:25pm | Report
It can also be used as a gap closer not just an escape. It's dangerous and not usually smart, but it's still an option.

Thank you Miss Maw, CasterMaster and Arcana3 for the sweet sigs. I'd definitely recommend you to anyone looking for a nice sig.

Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 29, 2012 10:29pm | Report
MyRepublic wrote:

It can also be used as a gap closer not just an escape. It's dangerous and not usually smart, but it's still an option.

I usually do this when trying to burst people down in early/mid game, it actually does a surprisingly high amount of damage.

One more thing; you can and should skill Arcane Shift second on Ezreal but pretty much have to leave other carries escape abilities until last.
MyRepublic
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 29, 2012 10:38pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

I usually do this when trying to burst people down in early/mid game, it actually does a surprisingly high amount of damage.

One more thing; you can and should skill Arcane Shift second on Ezreal but pretty much have to leave other carries escape abilities until last.

Yeah I know what you mean, but it still isn't always a good idea, especially if your flash is down. I still do it if it's safe/the only way to secure a kill.

A Chubby Baby
<Veteran>
A Chubby Baby's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 30, 2012 12:49am | Report
ULTI SNIPING!
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 30, 2012 1:55am | Report

So basically his kit is what made him so popular. Caitlyn could do that too, to some extent anyways. But her net is a "dash" not "blink", and her Q has a higher CD. Her other abilities are different from Ez's though.

The thing that makes Ezreal > Caitlyn is the fact that her Q has an awkwardly long cast time and ezreals doesnt and Caitlyns escape is hard to use since you have to aim at the enemy to move away from them (even though ive gotten away from so many ganks using caits net)
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide