Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

BBCode Suggestions

Creator: GrandmasterD August 29, 2013 9:40am
9 posts - page 1 of 1
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2013 9:40am | Report
Alright here's some bbcode suggestions.

The [guide] tag

I have always been bothered by this:
Why not a simple [guide] tag that tells us where the guide begins so that the text shown there is actually more useful than this? Just a thought.

The tag tag

Maybe an idea to make people create custom tooltips or just make other terms refer to the same thing. A coding idea would be:

IE

And whenever you want custom ones:

Insec Play

Vertical Text alignment for columns

Make it possible for the text to start at the top of a column, easier to align them that way.

Can't think of much more but well, suggestions? remarks? ideas?
DarkPercy
<Member>
DarkPercy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2013 1:57pm | Report
This was suggested by jhoi a while ago (not a bbcode command but a certain way to control what is written in this little bubble that pops up when hovering a guide) but didn't go through I believe.
Nighthawk:

quit flirting with my waifu

or i'll fight you

TO THE DEATH

GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2013 2:34pm | Report
DarkPercy wrote:

This was suggested by jhoi a while ago (not a bbcode command but a certain way to control what is written in this little bubble that pops up when hovering a guide) but didn't go through I believe.

It should be very easy to implement.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2013 3:24pm | Report
I suggested that we should be able to control what comes up as the " Guide Blurb", as it's one of the things I look at first before I read a guide, but Mowen seemed to think it wasn't a good idea :(

I like the ability code our own tool-tips; similar to spoilers, it'd give us the option of writing something and being able to explain it a little more in-depth with the tool-tip.

I also like the idea of text starting at the top of a column, but only with a command.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig unintentional collab with Jovy and me ♡
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2013 5:26am | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

I suggested that we should be able to control what comes up as the " Guide Blurb", as it's one of the things I look at first before I read a guide, but Mowen seemed to think it wasn't a good idea :(

I like the ability code our own tool-tips; similar to spoilers, it'd give us the option of writing something and being able to explain it a little more in-depth with the tool-tip.

I also like the idea of text starting at the top of a column, but only with a command.

Your proposal regarding that seemed to be more work to implement, a simple tag seems a lot easier.
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2013 6:28am | Report
This would be quite good addition imo.

Didn't quite get the tooltip suggestion, prolly because I'm a bit ******
when it comes to figuring out something new.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
Shadow_Light
<Guide Critic>
Shadow_Light's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2013 1:56pm | Report
I think the tooltip code is for linking that little popup windows from the wiki with your own text.
And the second one would be to create your own popup windows and link them with some text.
Like in the example you would write IE with the tooltip code and when moving the mouse over it the Infinity edge Information would pop up.
Correct me if I am wrong please.
And btw I think this is a great a idea.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2013 3:46pm | Report
^Shadow, EXACTLY. That's why I said "we already have the technology" to make our own blurbs for guides, due to the Wiki. Instead of the "tags" function we currently have, that does NOTHING, it could be replaced with a blurb section.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Tauricus2017 ♡
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 4, 2013 5:17pm | Report
Matt's investigating these ideas. Hopefully we can get some of these functions soon. Thank you for your suggestions!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide