Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

[BUGS] - New UI

Creator: Janitsu September 9, 2014 9:13pm
32 posts - page 1 of 4
1 2 3 4
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 9, 2014 9:13pm | Report
I'll be listing the bugs I've found here (also some things that I find annoying). If you have found any you can post them here as well and I will quote them and put them to the OP.

1. The logo

It looks "distorted"

2. Only half of the names of the sources showing in the recent discussion

3. Guest published a build

4. I miss the old 4 tab guide thing on the front page

Scouted, New, High Elo and Rising
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 9, 2014 11:12pm | Report
Thanks for the heads up!

1) Should be fixed now, might have to clear your browser cache.

2, 3) The main activity log issues are fixed, we're still working on it though.

4) Most people tend to be looking for a guide for a specific champion, so we're trying to focus the homepage more on that. Get people to the champion they are interested in quicker. We're definitely open to feedback though! If people are missing the extra guide listings we can discuss it :)
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 10, 2014 1:37am | Report
Just pushed a site patch that fixes a LOT of the activity feed issues. Take a look now! The checkbox still has some issues but otherwise it should be looking a lot better now. More to come!
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 10, 2014 1:51am | Report
New MobaFire header looks great, Matt :) Nice work. I love the changes (just the news articles still scroll on forever though :P).
jamespongebob
<Wingman>
jamespongebob's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 10, 2014 2:18am | Report
Also seeing random exclamation points on the guides area for each champion. Am I the only one?

My Guides

Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 10, 2014 3:13am | Report
@jhoijhoi, thanks!! Glad you like it!

@jamespongebob, lol... Someone on the team accidentally added those, probably didn't notice the code editor still had focus. Thanks for pointing it out! They will be removed shortly.
Jack Rubino
<Member>
Jack Rubino's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 10, 2014 3:35am | Report
I FEEL LOST IN THIS NEW UI WHERE IS MY OLD MOBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

ITS KEWL THO, BUT FEELS SO CHAOTIC(norly, i just was surprised with it and i just woke up, gj anyway)
"Sure."
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 10, 2014 9:13am | Report
Janitsu wrote:
4. I miss the old 4 tab guide thing on the front page

Scouted, New, High Elo and Rising
I agree, I fear new guides won't be able to climb up without this. Well except for these C9 guides.

I looked around the Builds & Guides section but I couldn't find something similar to the old Rising tab. Perhaps this tab could be added to the Builds & Guides section?
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 10, 2014 4:29pm | Report
Well for some champions, the list of S4 full guides is not very long, and the fresh indicators also help there to highlight more active authors. Even for busy champions, there's around one page of actual guides. So for the most popular champions you do have a bit of a mountain to conquer, but not so for the others.

Don't forget also that the browse page, which is still a hugely popular method of finding guides, defaults to listing guides by most recently updated. So with that plus freshness indicators, right now the best way to get exposure is just to keep updating your guide.

One idea we've tossed around is for a guide review exchange. It's still just an idea, but I'd love to hear feedback on it.

We've always wished we could find a way to get more voting and constructive feedback on guides, that is really what we need, more people voting on more guides. The trick is, how do you encourage people to vote, but have them give meaningful votes? For example, say we offer 5 free rep per day for voting. Certain users will just run through and spam votes, they still have no reason to take the time to properly review the guide and give a meaningful vote, let alone feedback.

So the idea is, when you're all finished your guide, and you are sitting there waiting for readers and feedback, you could submit your guide to the review exchange system. You are given say three guides, with author info and score stripped away, and you have to review the guide and post a constructive comment + vote (we wouldn't reveal your vote - I don't like doing that). Once you've done this on three guides, your own guide is entered into the exchange to receive three similar such reviews from other authors. You can continue to review more guides to buy more "entries" back into the system for your own guide. Maybe to further avoid issues we intentionally skip guides for the same champion you're submitting for, not sure yet.

This gives authors an active means to promote their guide, while also spreading some attention around to the guides that need it most. With all the other voting system features, it only really takes 5 or so votes before your guide can start competing even with established guides.

Anyway, feel free to comment on that idea, or if you have your own ideas we'd love to hear them.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 10, 2014 10:42pm | Report
^Love the review exchange idea, Matt! Especially the idea of stripping the author info and score away (but most people have an introduction stating who they are and some writing/coding styles are pretty unique to the author) to help newer or more established users.

Maybe have a word count attached as well? So your review has to be over 100 words? People may spam junk, but those sorts of reviews would be easily identifiable, and as a consequence, those who are abusing the system are removed from the review exchange?

What about people who enjoy reviewing but don't have a guide? Can they be included somehow?

Will come back with more comments about your proposed system, but at the moment, I REALLY like the idea.
1 2 3 4

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide