Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

[BUGS] - New UI

Creator: Janitsu September 9, 2014 9:13pm
32 posts - page 2 of 4
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 10, 2014 11:31pm | Report
Yeah min word count might be good. If you're willing to put in the time to write 100 words, you get the same in return guaranteed, and it adds more value to the whole thing.

Allowing non-authors in... Hmm could be nice. Well, maybe a way to help non-authors might be a similar system but instead we automatically pick guides that have low vote counts and/or low comment counts. This helps drive the community to the most optimum places to help authors out and increase the guide quality on the site. We could consider rewarding an automatic point of rep in exchange for your contribution, if there is a minimum word count of say 100... Maybe with a daily limit of how much rep you can earn per day for helping out like this.

So that's kind of two systems - a review+vote exchange for authors, and a guide quality improvement system with rewards for non-authors. I like both, and not seeing any major flaws in them yet, as long as we have some restrictions on the +rep to avoid abuse.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 11, 2014 12:36am | Report
I really liked the original idea where people could review guides in order to get points for their own guide to be added to the review pool; maybe people who review without a guide to add to the review pool are given +rep instead, like you suggested.

So how I see it:

I review the MobaFire Review Opt-In Guide (made specifically for the purpose of reviewing - this guide should have a section that is deliberately written with some common mistakes that members should review); reading this guide is sort of like a wizard, it tells me the purpose of reviewing, the rewards, and the process as well as giving me something to practice reviewing on. In addition, the comment section would be full of previous reviews, so I'll know how I should be reviewing. (Mods would have to watch this to ensure people don't just copy and paste reviews)

Once the MobaFire Review Opt-In Guide is reviewed, the review counter next to my profile gear will tell me that I need to review two more guides to get my own guide in the review pool. Clicking on the 2 will direct me to a list of guides to be reviewed. These guides don't have to be new OR with low vote counts, they are in the review pool because they've followed these steps (in the early days, the review pool can be populated with new guides until the system gets going). The reason why I don't think it's a good idea for guides to automatically get into the review pool (beyond the fact that others are working to get their guides there) is that some people write guides and abandon them, meaning a review would be useless.

The list of guides to be reviewed should be limited so that the reviewer is not spoiled for choice. When presented with a lower number of guides, the reviewer will feel less overwhelmed. I can then pick one of these guides to review. To enable my comment as a review, I will have to click a check box which says something of the sort ("Enable Review" or something). This button will also automatically add the guide to my notifications, so I know when someone else comments on the guide. There will be a word/character count above the comment box, that tells me when I've reached over 100 words and the "Submit" button will become clickable only once I've typed over 100 words (or xxx amount of characters, if that's easier).

I submit my review (and vote, if applicable) and I notice my review counter has gone to 1. I follow the same process (a new list of guides will appear to be reviewed) until the number is now a star (or whatever). Clicking on the star brings me to a page where I can nominate one of my guides to be added to the review pool OR receive 3 +rep for the 3 reviews I've completed. This means I don't have to have a guide to add to the review pool AND I still get rewarded for reviewing.

Say I choose my Ashe guide to be reviewed. There's no telling when it'll be reviewed, but eventually it will be. Once it has been reviewed through this system, it is taken off the review pool, and I'd have to review another 3 guides before I can nominate my Ashe guide again.

I don't think there should be a cap for getting +rep for reviewing. I just think there should be more titles, so people are more eager to progress through the ranks :P
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Janitsu ♡
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 11, 2014 6:15am | Report
What about a different kind of score system - similar to the Q&A system.

So once you review a guide, people who also review the guide or just happen to get to that guide, could vote on your review (good/bad - fair/unfair) and when you get a certain amount of points you'll get "Review Trainee" badge, some more and you'll get "Reviewer" and some more and you'll get "Master Reviewer" badge (names just something that popped out of my head and basically placeholders)
mastrer1000
<Editor>
mastrer1000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 11, 2014 6:28am | Report
What if we made a system where you can review a guide(it doesn't matter weather you have one yourself or not) to earn some kind of review points? You could use those points to enter your own guide(s) into the pool of guides to be reviewed.
It would also be possible to add janitsus suggestion into it(Every 1/3/5 upvotes get you a review point-someone should have a look at this and balance it correctly).
There could also be an option to convert review points into +rep.
I AM NOT AFFECTED BY ELOHELL. NOOBS AND TROLLS NEVER RUIN MY RANKED GAMES.
I DON'T GET STUCK AND I NEVER GET ONLY 2LP FOR A WIN.

I AM UNRANKED.

also check out my Ryze guide
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 11, 2014 2:11pm | Report
^That's exactly what my post said... ... ...

Jan: I like the idea of people being able to rate reviews too. Maybe you can get extra review pool points for getting upvotes. I don't think downvotes should remove review points though.

♡ sig by natuhlee ♡
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 11, 2014 2:14pm | Report
I think that points should DECREASE your previous points but if the review goes to the minus side you shouldn't get anything from it imo. There must be a reason for it to have a low score.

Thanks to OwenTheAwesomer for the signature =)
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 11, 2014 6:33pm | Report
I think we misunderstood each other. For example, you may need to review 3 guides before you submit your own. Now say you get an upvote for one of your reviews. Now, possibly, you should only need to review 2 guides, as that upvote counts as a review (may be too powerful). On the flipside if you write a really bad review and someone downvotes it, you don't get punished - remember, anyone can vote, including the guide owner, who may dislike your opinion (even if it's right) and downvote you out of spite.

♡ sig by me ♡
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 12, 2014 12:43pm | Report

new bug
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 12, 2014 1:26pm | Report
I have "fragged" issues pretty much every new guide I click on, also can't open Q&A stuff.

EDIT: Nevermind, it seems it got fixed for me one or two hours ago.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 12, 2014 3:17pm | Report
^I had the same thing, but assumed it was just the site adjusting. Glad to know it's fixed.

♡ sig by natuhlee ♡

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide