Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Huge Site Lag when Editing Guide

Creator: Swuft December 6, 2016 9:26am
1 2 3
Swuft
<Fabulous>
Swuft's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 6, 2016 9:26am | Report
Heyo,

Just wanted to see if anybody else was having this problem so that I can figure out whether it's my computer or the website that is bugging.

Whenever I post large chunks of text into chapters of my guide from an external text editor, there is a tremendous lag where the text doesn't show up in the chapter and the webpage freezes. A few seconds later, the text pops in and the page unfreezes. It's making editing my guide impossible.

If anybody else is experiencing this issue, please comment!
Ekki
<Veteran>
Ekki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 6, 2016 2:40pm | Report
To me mobafire is just being generically laggy. Especially on my mobile phone. Is there a way to know what proccesses are consuming the most memory within a web browser?

EDIT: Posted it here because the question may be relevant.
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 6, 2016 4:06pm | Report
Sounds like your browser's spellcheck is having a hard time catching up. You could try using a different browser or turning off spellcheck (if you check in your text editor anyway).
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
Swuft
<Fabulous>
Swuft's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 7, 2016 10:15am | Report
Sounds like your browser's spellcheck is having a hard time catching up. You could try using a different browser or turning off spellcheck (if you check in your text editor anyway).

Hmm ok. I'll check that out, thanks.
SpikeThePike
<Lucky Charm>
SpikeThePike's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 10, 2016 11:03am | Report
Similar lag issues: when editing the guide, cursor movements are slow, formatting is slow - for example if I highlight some text and then select bold, then use keyboard keys to move the cursor - in my normal fast typing style - the site is so laggy it maybe makes something else bold.

Also editing pages - including this forum Quick Reply page - makes the page show as 'loading' forever, in Firefox.

This is on a fast quad core gaming PC, with plenty of RAM and disk space and no other processes running. So I don't think it's my PC....
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 12, 2016 1:44pm | Report
We've found that spellcheck on Google Chrome can cause some sluggishness, especially when editing long guides. Try disabling your browser's spellcheck and see if that improves responsiveness.

If that doesn't help at all, please leave a note as to which browser you're using and what guide you were working on.
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!
Swuft
<Fabulous>
Swuft's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 12, 2016 3:32pm | Report
There is definitely still lag despite the disabling of Chrome's spellcheck, although not quite as much. It is still unworkable.

I would like to point out this was not happening in late November when I made the majority of large changes to my guide, in case that helps pinpoint the problem source at all.

I am editing "[S7] Ye Olde Pantheon Top" using Google Chrome (this is the web-browser I have always used to edit my guide with)
(http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/s7-ye-olde-pantheon-top-434732)

Thanks.
SpikeThePike
<Lucky Charm>
SpikeThePike's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 13, 2016 6:42pm | Report
Looks like in-browser spell checking is a part of the problem, using Firefox 50.0.2 on a Windows PC - things are better when that is disabled. I don't know how that can be so slow. But for example, pasting in a short paragraph of new text causes my browser to become unresponsive for several seconds.
Swuft
<Fabulous>
Swuft's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 13, 2016 9:17pm | Report
Looks like in-browser spell checking is a part of the problem, using Firefox 50.0.2 on a Windows PC - things are better when that is disabled. I don't know how that can be so slow. But for example, pasting in a short paragraph of new text causes my browser to become unresponsive for several seconds.

It's definitely something that changed in either Chrome or on Mobafire recently, because I've never had this problem before. I literally used to paste 10-15 paragraphs and be absolutely fine.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 13, 2016 9:24pm | Report
I use Chrome and I haven't had this issue at all.
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide