Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Rabadon's Deathcap Percent bonus not...

Creator: Kirluu February 1, 2011 10:39am
1 2
Kirluu
<Member>
Kirluu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2011 10:39am | Report
Hey, I just played a game with Nidalee, where I had something looking like 573 AP.
I had only these items:
Doran's Ring, Mobility Boots, Lich Bane, Mejai's Soulstealer(With 20 stacks - was owning :D) and finally Rabadon's Deathcap. Those were the items I had when we defeated them, and also the time where I had that 570-ish AP.

Now for the issue of this:
When I put these items into the Create Build/Guide tool, it only gives med something like 400 or so. I calculated a small bit, and figured out that the percentage that Rabadon's Deathcap is supposed to give is just what was missing.

On that note, I believe it has been like this for some time now, as I have been wondering before about the low amount of AP on certain builds with a Rabadon's Deathcap in them.

Anyways, just wanted to know if it's something that is about to be fixed or if it has been completely overseen?
Check out my comprehensive guide for Jax !!
-
Make sure to hit that +Rep button if I helped you out, and you feel I deserve it! :)
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2011 1:14pm | Report
Kirluu wrote:

Hey, I just played a game with Nidalee, where I had something looking like 573 AP.
I had only these items:
Doran's Ring, Mobility Boots, Lich Bane, Mejai's Soulstealer(With 20 stacks - was owning :D) and finally Rabadon's Deathcap. Those were the items I had when we defeated them, and also the time where I had that 570-ish AP.

Now for the issue of this:
When I put these items into the Create Build/Guide tool, it only gives med something like 400 or so. I calculated a small bit, and figured out that the percentage that Rabadon's Deathcap is supposed to give is just what was missing.

On that note, I believe it has been like this for some time now, as I have been wondering before about the low amount of AP on certain builds with a Rabadon's Deathcap in them.

Anyways, just wanted to know if it's something that is about to be fixed or if it has been completely overseen?

Mejai's gives you 140 AP at max stats but only has 20 AP with none.
Mejai's at full stacks is 182 AP with Rabadon's.

Mejai's is only worth 20 AP in the builder I believe.
Zeprido is currently:Online
If I've helped you at all in any way, or you really like my post click that +Rep button =)
You can always call me Zep for short =D
Feel free to private message me with questions/concerns or if you just want to chat =)
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2011 1:16pm | Report
I think he's referring to the champion builder not taking into account the +30 AP.
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2011 1:19pm | Report

I think he's referring to the champion builder not taking into account the +30 AP.

Yeah, Mejai's at full stacks with a 30% increase is 182 AP however 20 AP with 30% is only 26 AP. Probably had a Baron somewhere in there though.

I'd need to know the rune page/masteries used for Nidalee to be able to check this out though.

Edit: Plugged it in with what I'd probably use for runes/masteries and hit 430 AP which accounts for the missing 160ish AP from Mejai's at full stacks (182-156=26)

Champion Builder does take the 30% into account otherwise it wouldn't have hit 430 with those items. It was just a coincidence that Rabadon's appeared to give the same amount as Mejai's as both are in a similar range of 30% of your AP (140 at max stacks vs 30% of your current AP (Which for me was 430) = 129)
If I've helped you at all in any way, or you really like my post click that +Rep button =)
Feel free to private message me with questions/concerns or if you just want to chat =)
Kirluu
<Member>
Kirluu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 2, 2011 5:08am | Report
Let me note a few things considering you guys' answers so far. The boost from Mejai's Soulstealer IS withcaluculated in the build/guide creator, as when I take a random Champion(Thus with no AP at first) he/she gets 180 AP after only adding Mejai's as the only item, which means all stacks are taken in.

Another thing to note, is that I had no runes that gave AP, and my masteries were only giving me spell penetration and regeneration (9 Offense, 21 Utility).

Aside from this, I may add that simple experimenting proved to me that the 30 % are actually indeed not withcalculated, as I added the Rabadon's to a Nidalee with no runes or masteries at all, and got only the 155 AP. I after this added an Amplifying Tome and it increased by only 20; thus it was at this point 175 AP.

This very simple experiement proves that the Build/Guide builder does not with-calculate the 30 % from Rabadon's Deathcap's passive. I do however not know if it only does that after you have published it - I have not done this considering I don't want a completely empty build to be sitting around on my profile. o.o

As a last note, I might add that you are wrong about how much Mejai's Soulstealer gives in AP with 20 stacks. It gives 180 total, without Rabadon's. If you're not convinced: It gives 8 AP with each stack, and 8 * 20 = 160 + the 20 it gives in the beginning = 180. This is the number the guide builder takes in when adding Mejai's to the builder.
-
Make sure to hit that +Rep button if I helped you out, and you feel I deserve it! :)
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 2, 2011 11:20am | Report
Hmm, I was only counting the extra stacks since I already had the 20 incorporated, but yeah you're right. Just gave it another shot and it seems the 30% from Rabadon's Deathcap is indeed not calculated in the builder. Great find Kirluu.
Kirluu
<Member>
Kirluu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 2, 2011 12:06pm | Report
Yeah, and considering it is an item used in basically every single guide with AP, I think it's actually a rather serious mistake in the database, considering the fact that it may affect people's views on all guides with the specific item in it, as some people like to look at stats to jugde if a given guide is one they wish to follow in the first place.

To set an example, I like to look at the AP of different guides, and try to find the one with the highest, as I usually like to be mostly focused on burst damage. The same when it's about an AD/AS champ, where I just look at the AD and AS ofc.
-
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 2, 2011 1:06pm | Report
Its the actual guide itself that I feel is more important, but yeah, this should be fixed.
Kirluu
<Member>
Kirluu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 2, 2011 9:11pm | Report
I know the guide is important, but the fact that there are people that might not want to read a guide because the amount of AP is too low, means that that guide, with Rabadon's Deathcap as chosen item, might be treated badly.

Obviously it is the content that is more important on a guide, but the stats that so to speak "represent" the guide are just as important, when it comes to people wanting to read your guide.
This mistake as I have been saying so far, I believe cheats a lot of people, both creators of guides as well as people looking for a good guide for their favorite or currently favorite AP champ.
-
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 18, 2011 1:20am | Report
No percental increases/buffs to other stats are calculated. Manamune and Archangel's Staff give no extra AD/AP depending on mana in the builder. They should.
I'm a strong independent black mage who don't need no mana.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide