Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

RE: The four day no-vote period

Creator: Jebus McAzn July 28, 2011 12:22pm
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2011 12:22pm | Report
Is it possible for people to create a guide on ANOTHER champion, get votes on it, then switch the guide to a different champion and retain that rating? People seem to be doing that, as we had one Wukong guide earlier today that was at 50% (JunSupport sent a report which was answered recently).

If this isn't possible, it's a bug and needs to be looked at.
Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2011 12:25pm | Report
If you mean this one -
http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/timme-to-owened-97002

I can confirm that that wasn't originally a Wukong guide. I remember voting on that guide for some champion, but it sure as hell wasn't Wukong.

Ah, I remember, it was Corki.

The guy gave my a revenge downvote too. Feels bad man.
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2011 7:36pm | Report
Yes it's possible to do that. Honestly it doesn't really make sense to change champions on a single champion guide, I'd like to restrict that. If you're changing the champion, just make a new guide. Unfortunately implementing such a restriction is not going to be simple.

I suppose as an alternative, if you change to a single champion guide with a champion that is currently in the 4day no-vote zone, we could reset your score automatically. Or just plain disallow it... Pop up a message "You cannot publish a guide that already has votes for a champion in the no-vote period". I'll look into doing that.
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2011 8:28pm | Report
If you change the champion of the guide, shouldn't the score just reset?
It sounds a lot simpler then disallowing score-carry-overs.

Just need to add a warning pop-up.

This kind of abuse should not be encouraged and nipped in the bud immediately.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2011 9:25pm | Report
The problem comes with how to handle this for team builds. If you add a second champion, save and publish, then remove the original champion, save and publish. Trying to track your history of champion changes is going to be complicated.

What I described above means I can ignore the history of your guide and simply prevent you from publishing a guide for the new champion if your guide already has votes, during the no-vote period, or potentially during an even longer period to give the "fresh" guides a chance to gather some votes.

Obviously I would love to prevent you from swapping champions to boost your score, but it is a complex issue and so far the only real abuse with this seems to be people doing it for new champions, which I can prevent in this simpler way.
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2011 12:39am | Report
Abusing it for old champions shouldn't be a problem because you'll actually have competition, so you'll need to get the guide up to a high percent first and nobody would pull that off.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2011 11:53am | Report

Abusing it for old champions shouldn't be a problem because you'll actually have competition, so you'll need to get the guide up to a high percent first and nobody would pull that off.

Unless you're a pro who gets "free rating" because of their fan base...I mean...This is a problem that I would never have expected. I'm glad it's getting worked on TY MOBAFIRE PPL :D

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide