Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Site problems?

Creator: KovuTalli February 19, 2012 10:25am
5 posts - page 1 of 1
KovuTalli
<Member>
KovuTalli's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 19, 2012 10:25am | Report
I've been having site issues for a few weeks, and just in the League part, DOTA, HoN and ROTT work fine. A lot of the pages in the league section wont load, the top title/advert bar loads and the background image, but the main content wont load - I', using Firefox it it helps. (It took me quite a few reloads/refreshs to get here to post this)
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 19, 2012 2:00pm | Report
I get the same thing sometimes, where the page won't fully load because there is just so much **** that needs to load. In fact, my computer monitors CPU/memory usage, and sometimes when I load a Moba page, a little box pops up saying "____ detects Chrome 300mb being used" or something similar.

I do think there is too much to load on most pages.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
KovuTalli
<Member>
KovuTalli's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 19, 2012 2:59pm | Report
Weird, I get that sometimes with Firefox, but I believe thats because FF has a memory leak issue. I've tried changing ram useages and such but still doesnt load, sometimes removing www. before the URL and then trying to load the link works, yet Refresh/F5 doesnt. Tried clearing cache and refeshing DNS.
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 23, 2012 6:38pm | Report
The blocking when loading sometimes happens because your browser halts rendering the page when it hits an external JavaScript file. Watch the status bar of your browser, it will likely say something like "Loading from www.whatever.com..." or waiting for, or something similar. Always referring to a domain other than www.mobafire.com.

If the server hosting that file is unreachable your browser will sit there waiting until it times out before rendering the rest of the page. Unfortunately there are a few external calls near the top of the page that have to be there, and now and then those servers slow down or even become unreachable.

We're trying to find ways around it but it may be impossible. Does this happen a lot for you? Or does it happen for an hour or so now and then and is otherwise fine? If it repeatedly happens, and you see that status bar note that I mentioned, let us know what it says it is waiting for or loading from when it locks up.

Refreshing the page will help if it is ad related, which is sometimes the case. Our ads come from different sources and when you reload the page you will get an ad from a different source than the one that was unreachable. If this happens, try to let us know what the status bar says for you (loading from ______...).
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 23, 2012 6:59pm | Report
Thanks Matt, I'll watch next time and give a more detailed report ^^
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by me ♡

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide