Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

[Suggestion] Ability to "Duplicate" a...

Creator: Zeprido June 23, 2011 7:40pm

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

1 2
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 23, 2011 7:40pm | Report
*Not Urgent or absolutely necessary*

When adding multiple copies of the same champion to a guide, it is necessary to completely re-enter everything when adding a second version of a champion.
I am suggesting the ability to duplicate a champion's runes, masteries, skill order, runes, and items.
Zeprido is currently:Online
If I've helped you at all in any way, or you really like my post click that +Rep button =)
You can always call me Zep for short =D
Feel free to private message me with questions/concerns or if you just want to chat =)
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 23, 2011 8:34pm | Report
I do not like guides with two build, therefore I am against this.
If you're going to include more than 2 builds in the guide then I want you to have all the work of adding the masteries, skills and such all over again.

AHAHHAH
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 23, 2011 11:55pm | Report
Canoas wrote:

I do not like guides with two build, therefore I am against this.
If you're going to include more than 2 builds in the guide then I want you to have all the work of adding the masteries, skills and such all over again.

AHAHHAH

Thank you for sharing your opinion.
I'd rather not spend another 5 minutes doing something that is tedious .
The purpose of multiple builds is to give examples of different build orders etc.
Every game is different, not all players who look at guides actually READ them, so I'd prefer to give them a few options to work with since there are so many players who just mindlessly follow a guide item for item.
Zeprido is currently:Online
If I've helped you at all in any way, or you really like my post click that +Rep button =)
You can always call me Zep for short =D
Feel free to private message me with questions/concerns or if you just want to chat =)
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 24, 2011 12:08am | Report
Would be a convenient thing to have :) However, due to the complexity of adding this feature, and the lack of demand for it, it probably won't get added any time soon :( I will add it to the list and keep it in mind though.
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 24, 2011 5:25am | Report
Zeprido wrote:

Thank you for sharing your opinion.
I'd rather not spend another 5 minutes doing something that is tedious .
The purpose of multiple builds is to give examples of different build orders etc.
Every game is different, not all players who look at guides actually READ them, so I'd prefer to give them a few options to work with since there are so many players who just mindlessly follow a guide item for item.

I was joking..
Still, it makes no difference to me whether this is implemented or not.
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 24, 2011 6:04am | Report
I am against this as well.

I find multi-build single-champion guides totally superficial.
All fluff, little depth.

If there's a second build you truly want to include, there should be enough different specs to not need a duplicate the build.

Now... A copy-guide-draft feature.

That's a feature I would love to have.
So many times, I would love to be able to copy my guide, so I could have a back-up as I fiddle with the new one. Just being able to back up the draft would be nice too.

Make it happen, Matt!!
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 24, 2011 1:13pm | Report
JunSupport wrote:

I am against this as well.

I find multi-build single-champion guides totally superficial.
All fluff, little depth.

If there's a second build you truly want to include, there should be enough different specs to not need a duplicate the build.

Agreed.

Quoted:
Now... A copy-guide-draft feature.

That's a feature I would love to have.
So many times, I would love to be able to copy my guide, so I could have a back-up as I fiddle with the new one. Just being able to back up the draft would be nice too.

Make it happen, Matt!!

I'd rather have a backup system that lets you convert the guide to text that you can save locally. Shouldn't be too hard.
"every now and again you come across a game that has so little emotional connection to who you are that you end up standing there, gazing at the screen and saying "I'm just pressing buttons and my life has no meaning,"" - Colin Campbell
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 24, 2011 1:31pm | Report
Well another thing we could do is... We have a revision system already, which is how we are able to store an unpublished version separate of the published version. However, guides are pretty huge, so to avoid our database exploding we only store the one revision. It shouldn't be too much work to expand that a little bit and let you store a few more. I think this would also be more convenient than managing duplicate unpublished guides.

You could either manually back revisions, providing a name so that you'll know what it was, or I could automatically store a new revision each time you publish your guide. Then to roll back you just click one in the toolbox to bump it up to your latest and then hit publish. What do you guys think of that? I'd probably have to limit it to 2 or 3, but that should give you a lot more control.

The manual backup is handy because you could do it before making some big changes. The automatic one is also good because it could save a lot of users from lost work if they have some kind of catastrophic failure and forgot to do a manual revision. As long as they didn't publish too many times before realizing it, they could roll back and recover their work.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 24, 2011 2:18pm | Report
I just don't see how someone would benefit from that.. Why would you even want several drafts of your guide?
"Doing something, almost being done, then parents come in and don't let you finish.
Yes, I had a rough childhood." - devdevil
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 24, 2011 2:58pm | Report
For exactly the reasons stated above. A backup before you make changes, for reference, or in case you make a mistake or accidentally lose some work.
1 2

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide