Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

[Suggestion] Upgrade MobaFire

Creator: jhoijhoi February 12, 2012 4:30am
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 12, 2012 6:03am | Report
I think MobaFire is awesome, but it definitely can be better. I know Matt and Flash work as hard as they can, and they have other sites to maintain, but... MobaFire is the one that is (or so I assume) making the most money, and as such, I think they probably need to work even harder to keep it at the same level or higher than competing sites.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by arrizen ♡
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 12, 2012 6:14am | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:
I feel as if MobaFire is being simply outclassed.

Yup.

Mainly because their guides are written by professionals though imo, how can Mobafire compete with that?
I also like clicking a champ and getting a guide instantly, but I guess that's also because they only have 1 guide per champion (because all their guides are written by a pro anyway), so I don't know whether doing something similar on Mobafire would make sense / be fair.

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
Taneren
<Member>
Taneren's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 12, 2012 6:58am | Report
Thank you for that link Jhoijhoi, I checked out the site and found someone who decided to "Borrow" something from my Anivia guide without permission, but I have problems figuring out how to report his guide.
IceCreamy
<Veteran>
IceCreamy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 12, 2012 8:39am | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

Additionally, you can see who's online. One of the most simplest things to display, and yet MobaFire doesn't have this feature.

You can see if a person is online...

But well, there is always room for improvement.

DuffTime wrote:
ok ok plz carry me omg
i was only waiting for you to ask

Temzilla wrote:
Too hot to be icecream.

Luther3000 wrote:
He looks like a hair gel advert on legs

Toshabi wrote:
Icecreamy, with hair as slick and smooth as the ocean waves of Cocobana
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 12, 2012 11:11am | Report
Yes we know about Curse's site :) We have known for some time. It is slick but, part of the reason it is streamlined is they are very limited in breadth of features compared to MOBAFire. We are an absolute beast in comparison. There is a place for them alongside us, just as there has been a place for clg and slm. Both of those sites do well and stand on their own without denting our traffic at all.

We have built this site from the ground up to be the best site "for the players by the players" and so far no one has been able to compete on that front :) Some shiny new buttons aren't going to trump the years of iteration, evolution and growth MOBAFire has gone through!

Despite that, we are always open to pros coming to MOBAFire and joining the community. As you've seen, we've been in discussion with Team Ez for a while and they are excited to be with us :) They are great guys and we are looking forward to seeing more of their work, so take a look at their guides and let us know what you think!

We're always working to improve MOBAFire, and if you guys like some of those features we would be happy to work them in!
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 12, 2012 11:30am | Report
Matt wrote:

We have built this site from the ground up to be the best site "for the players by the players" and so far no one has been able to compete on that front :)

I pretty much came here to say this.

LoLPro covers a completely different niche than any of the other sites honestly.

Yesterday, SYDTKO's Mordekaiser guide suggested that you never team fight with mordekaiser, always split push and be away from your team.

Having played 500~ games of mordekaiser, I can tell you that is complete suicide.
Tri lane for life.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 12, 2012 2:14pm | Report
Creamy: Other sites with forums shows who's online at the bottom of the page. This would be useful for showing which vets/mods are online to ask for help.

Taneren: Really? That's amazing o.O Make a fuss about it in the support forum, the reds there reply within a day (or so I've seen so far).

Matt: I don't deny MobaFire is amazing. I love it, otherwise I wouldn't spend so much time here. What I was trying to draw attention to is how "threatened" I feel about this website, seeing as it's just so *clean*. The tabs are so incredibly useful for chapter headings, the extra wikicode on simple terms like "support", the in-built wiki to articles written for "support" - these are all features I believe MobaFire could have.

I just love the idea of hovering my mouse over "AD" and seeing the definition of AD, and then, if I'm still curious, I can click it and be brought to this one article that explains what an AD champion is.

If you did implement the tab system, I can already see a lot of guides improving. I can also see other things like, an automated "Lore/Skins" tab at the end of the list of tabs that opens up the champion lore and previews of their skins - then people won't feel the need to add lore to their guides, AND it'd be well displayed.

Argahagshsgh just so many ideas floating in my head.

As I said, I love MobaFire, I just want it to look as shiny as the other site.

♡ sig by me ♡
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 12, 2012 2:23pm | Report
can we overhaul this community while we're at it?
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
IceCreamy
<Veteran>
IceCreamy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 12, 2012 2:29pm | Report
Ah, I see jhoi :) Yeah, that would be pretty nice ^^

But well, I don't see what is holding you back writing something about what an AD champion is. I believe it is really easy to implement after that :)

And there will be plenty of people, like me, willing to help you with it! :D

DuffTime wrote:
ok ok plz carry me omg
i was only waiting for you to ask

Temzilla wrote:
Too hot to be icecream.

Luther3000 wrote:
He looks like a hair gel advert on legs

Toshabi wrote:
Icecreamy, with hair as slick and smooth as the ocean waves of Cocobana
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 12, 2012 2:47pm | Report
Moon: What's wrong with the community?

Creamy: If wiki coding linked what an AD carry was to an article, I'd totally write it. It'd give the Editors something else to do other than to edit the database. If articles were open source to Editors, we'd get the BEST possible definition of an AD carry and the article would be fantastic.

I just really like how the other site has done a few things and I believe MobaFire could benefit by doing similar things.

♡ sig by Jovy ♡

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide