Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

New to LoL, Zilean champ of choice so far

Creator: MrLichreaver July 30, 2011 5:03am
MrLichreaver
<Member>
MrLichreaver's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2011 5:03am | Report
Hey guys, I am new to LoL and have played a few matches with a couple of different champs (Warwick, Nasus and Zilean) i'm drawn to Zilean as he somehow seems to suit my playstyle so just after some advice on little things I can look out for in early/mid game so I can how to maximise my potential with Zelian.

Thanks in advance

MrLichreaver - Level 6 Summoner - EUW
theBMB
<Member>
theBMB's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2011 10:49am | Report
Zil's early game = Bomb > Rewind > Bomb
That's pretty much all you can do. He farms minions like a boss late game though and his ult will pretty much restore you to full health after you die.
I recommend stacking cooldown reduction items like Glacial Shroud and Kindlegem if you're playing him as a support or Morello's Evil Tome if you're playing him as more of a mage (which I don't think is as useful since his late game bombs are somewhat useless).
eXonRelay
<Member>
eXonRelay's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2011 11:06am | Report
Remember that if you play Zilean as support you should use your ult mainly for carries, not yourself.

And what comes to every support unit gp/5 items are really worth the money.
MrLichreaver
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2011 6:48pm | Report
thanks for the advice guys appreciate it, found an AP build for Zilean which i like using its amazing, my bombs where hitting for stupidly high amounts, whilst being able to support reasnably as well,
Fox Rage
<Member>
Fox Rage's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2011 7:47pm | Report
play himm full ap, but play him as a SUPPORT. carry zilean is SH*T. seriously. WHen you go full ap with zilean, you will revive your carry at full health :) Don't forget hp items like RoA, and Morello's Evil Tome is a most on him. Spamm your Rewind until you got your ulti available again.

+rep me and you'll get good karma, wich means you won't be reincarnated into a rock! Isn't that awesome?

But yes this idea has been discussed more than Pam Anderson's tits in a plastic surgeons office.
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2011 10:29pm | Report
theBMB wrote:

Zil's early game = Bomb > Rewind > Bomb
That's pretty much all you can do. He farms minions like a boss late game though and his ult will pretty much restore you to full health after you die.
I recommend stacking cooldown reduction items like Glacial Shroud and Kindlegem if you're playing him as a support or Morello's Evil Tome if you're playing him as more of a mage (which I don't think is as useful since his late game bombs are somewhat useless).

not useless

they kill carries

rain man plays him carry

just sayin

:3

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2011 10:41pm | Report

not useless

they kill carries

rain man plays him carry

just sayin

:3

Wrath is correct.

Zilean, much like Gragas, is an auxiliary mage.

He doesn't fit into the metagame as a support (no sustain), so he's best solo top/mid as the secondary AP carry (in the EU style - AD in jungle, ranged AD bottom lane w/ sustain support, 2 AP carries top/mid).

He's GREAT early game, but his damage falls off late game - he still has utility late game, so why not make him the secondary AP carry?
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
MrLichreaver
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 31, 2011 9:55am | Report
well thanks for advice guys, if iw as looking to advance from Zilean to another champ who would be better off taking, im thinking of sustainability in late game, but in all honesty i can prob sustain zilean, as my skills improve im pretty sure ill be able to play any champion but meh i dont knwo what im meant to be asking lol, /waffle over

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide