Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Jax: Advice

Creator: 214sobrien September 25, 2011 11:42pm
6 posts - page 1 of 1
214sobrien
<Member>
214sobrien's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 25, 2011 11:42pm | Report
Hello MobaFIRE,

I'm a fairly new Jax player and looking for some advice.

I currently use "Jax: The Dyrus Build" (Jax: The Dyrus Build). I played Jax a month or two ago and I didn't build him the way I currently do. I the above build I'm using correct? I follow it 100%, Masteries, abilities, items, etc. I do not have runes though... I use my 1/2 finished Annie Rune Book with +14 Magic Pen.

I'm also looking for a some "Jax 102" sorta advice. I know the basics; carrying around extra wards to leap to, dodging minion attacks, and basic League of Legends Mechanics. Are there any others minor things I haven't covered?

Here's a snapshot of today's Match History... http://imageshack.us/f/36/capturenpo.png/

I'm not a 'noob' I'm just looking to improve my game, and begin playing a Jax seriously and competitively.

Thank you,
214sobrien
Bryun
<Magic Man>
Bryun's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 26, 2011 12:53am | Report
The problem is that you are following the build 100%.
Against different team compositions, a few items should be replaced with another.
Another problem is you need the runes to have a really successful early game with him, but if you don't have it you can use ability power runes too since that adds health also.

Another problem with if you follow the main build is your first game buy can determine life or death, normally Jax is a solo top character so you would have to choose between Doran's Blade or Boots and 3 Health Potions. To determine which item to buy, look at the person you are most likely to go against and think about what would be a better outcome by laning against them ie. do they have a lot of skill shots? Boots will help me dodge that!, am I looking at a squishy character?, Doran's Blade will get me that early game harass.

Mainly you just have to farm up with him until you get Hextech Gunblade then you're good to go. I don't really know want to know so feel free to ask any specific questions!

P.S. I'm the creator of that guide. ;)

214sobrien
<Member>
214sobrien's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 26, 2011 4:58pm | Report
Thanks Bryun, how do you find yourself building in Dominion as Jax?
Bryun
<Magic Man>
Bryun's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 26, 2011 5:26pm | Report
To be honest, I haven't played him in Dominion yet, but I will soon. :)

TheJohn
<Editor>
TheJohn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 29, 2011 6:07pm | Report
Ok, here are some tips:

#1: Start with boots. I get the AP tome, but I dont recommend it to the others.

#2: Get Ninja Tabi and lvl up your stun to the max. You'll be dodging many minion attacks. Use that as an advantage. Jump and stun.

#3: Hextech and Guinsoo are must.

#4: You can get Mercs if you want, but make sure you can still dodge well or you'll not be able to kill champions that easily.

#5: Try to use W and then jump. It'll hit harder.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 30, 2011 8:32am | Report
I would just do the HSGG build which is 2-3 Doran's blades / Hextech / Guinsoo's. Works nice.

I don't like Jax much since his early game got nerfed to oblivion though.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide