Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Anyone need help? Champion recommendations?...

Creator: wRAthoFVuLK February 13, 2011 5:33pm
1 2 3 4
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 13, 2011 5:33pm | Report
I decided to start a thread for everything help-related. If you are new to the game, experienced, want in-game help, out of game help, whatever, just post on here and I will try to help. I check mobafire often, play LoL a lot, and have spare time (and don't worry I'm pretty good :)), so I am free to help. :D

Also let me know if you want me to make a build for anyone, I will play around with them and try to get something up ASAP, I am experienced with quite a large array of champs in this game :).

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
eXecute
<Member>
eXecute's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 4, 2011 11:20am | Report
So I hastily bought Katarina with IP, and read your guide and other stuff. But I still do horrible damage. I've pretty much come to the conclusion that Katarina is a very low damage dealing champion (or maybe it's because I cannot get items as fast as enemy team). And I keep ending up with stunners / snarers on the enemy team, and that basically means Katarina should just sit by the turret the whole game because otherwise I am just feeding (sometimes feeding right at my own turret).

With Akali though I am able to survive much longer, escape way easier, and do way more damage because the cooldowns of akali are much faster than that of Katarina.

Any ideas?? Anyway you're on my friend list, so maybe we will be able to play today and you might spot exactly what I am doing wrong.
Hard as he waits for freedom's hand
A unified voice for freedom of choice
One man stands
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 4, 2011 12:31pm | Report
tbh, Kat is one of the best nuke (high burst damage) dealers in the game. I'll be on today, when you get on hit me up for a game. Maybe we could do a custom too :o

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Jet
<Member>
Jet's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 5, 2011 8:52am | Report

tbh, Kat is one of the best nuke (high burst damage) dealers in the game. I'll be on today, when you get on hit me up for a game. Maybe we could do a custom too :o

no she isn't, she's quite easily one of the worst.

there's a very good reason why she is never touched in mid+ elo
Jet has been banned for trolling and blatant racism.
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 6, 2011 7:40pm | Report
>.>

Jet
<Member>
Jet's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 7, 2011 5:37am | Report
it's true though
eXecute
<Member>
eXecute's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 7, 2011 8:59am | Report
So Jet, what are the highest burst damage dealers in the game then? Do you have a list or a link somewhere to a discussion of this? I am getting a bit annoyed by doing well with katarina in some games, and in other games getting absolutely destroyed with it.
One man stands
Jet
<Member>
Jet's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 7, 2011 9:11am | Report
leblanc
veigar
irelia
akali
annie

probably the top five - in no particular order
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 7, 2011 12:02pm | Report
Kat isn't a nuke - she can deal a lot of damage to a lot of champions, but she can't spike down one champ.

I'm too used to playing Guild Wars, where "nuke" referred to a player doing tons of AoE damage to several enemy champions, and "spike" referred to a champion or a team focusing down one champion extremely quickly in a small amount of time.

In terms of spike damage, the ones that Jet listed are pretty high up, as is Anivia.
eXecute
<Member>
eXecute's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 7, 2011 12:04pm | Report
Irelia, I can see her doing a lot of damage, but doesn't she need to get close?

Veigar seems so squishy tho... But I agree, lately I seen Veigar players giving me 983 damage with their primordial burst or whatever it's called.

Akali, I don't believe so. Akali is in the same category as Katarina (assassin). I have done just as well with both. Katarina is better late game in team fights, and Akali is better 1v1 and mopping up squishies. But they are both easily killed and they do decent burst damage, but nothing greater than say Ryze or Lux. As Jebus says, Akali is a good spike but sucks in team matches except to pick off squishies. Katarina is more nuke (area) damage.

Annie, yeah dat dere stun is so annoying. And she hits pretty hard too.

I think overpowered is more accurate description of say:
- Malzahar
- Fiddlesticks
- Vladimir
- Karthus
- Anivia
- Poppy
- Sion
- Lux

These guys seem to dish out a lot of damage, and have stun-snare-like attack mechanisms guaranteeing kills or ultimates that are ridiculously overpowered. Don't you think?
One man stands
1 2 3 4

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide