Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Anyone need help? Champion recommendations?...

Creator: wRAthoFVuLK February 13, 2011 5:33pm
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 7, 2011 12:11pm | Report
Ah, forgot Poppy. She's a great burst.

The thing is, Akali is an extremely strong burst champion, and I wouldn't say she's useless in team fights. She's an anti-carry. She goes in, shadow dances to their Ashe, bursts her down, throws down her stealth, and bursts down another carry when her CDs are back up. She's certainly viable competitively - Westrice mains Akali, and he's around, if not over, 2000 ELO.

Most of the champions you listed are much more nuke prone and just don't burst as well as the aforementioned champions - this doesn't mean they're bad, though. However, the champions Jet listed are best at finding a character - just one character - and destroying them completely.
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 7, 2011 12:33pm | Report
eXecute,

I just want to let you know that it seems you consider a lot of champions "bad". Nobody is bad, they are all just different playstyles. Keep in mind you are new to the game, as you continue to play you will learn more and play better, and then you will look back at what you are saying now and be annoyed at it :P

A nuke is an ability that deals a ****ton of damage in a short amount of time ~ Ryze's Q, Anivia's Q and E combo, Poppy's wall bash, and with enough AP, Kat's shunpo.

Most of the people you metioned in that list are not nukes, but heavy damage dealers. Malz, for instance, with the exception of his Q, is all DoT spells. He deals a ****ton of damage, but not nuke.

Remember, someone would be OP as **** if they had a lot of survivability like a tank and was able to nuke. You need to choose one side who you want to play more often. Of course there are hybrid-type characters, such as Akali who has nice damage and survivability, but her damage per ability compared to Veigar's is mediocre, and their survivability vice versa.

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 7, 2011 12:35pm | Report
Also, I have seen you mentioning turret huggers a lot. There is not a specific champion that can counter a turret hugger ~ this is all about how to play. There are different tactics to deal with this. Remember, the goal of the game is to take out towers and get to their base, not get kills, that just comes with the main objective. If someone is turret hugging, see that as a opportunity to farm/gank, don't drive yourself nuts over trying to kill them, it'll just ruin you in the end.

If you have seen backdooring before, that is a great example. So many times have I see TF's and others willingly get ganked if that means they get a turret for the team. That is how to play LoL.

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
eXecute
<Member>
eXecute's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 7, 2011 12:35pm | Report
Would be nice if LoL website displayed like top 3 played champs of top-rated ELO players.

You are right, Akali is good at finding a weakling among the group and destroying. Though, a lot of the time, Akali will get easily stunned or snared and dead instantly. Like an annoying fly getting swatted. But I have done well with her in some team fights, but I've done better with Katarina in team fights.

But you and Jet brah are right about the single-target takedown power champs.
Hard as he waits for freedom's hand
A unified voice for freedom of choice
One man stands
Jet
<Member>
Jet's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 7, 2011 12:36pm | Report
you asked for burst champions, i gave you burst champions

let me explain why the champs you said aren't burst

- Malzahar

dots

- Fiddlesticks

dots, unreliable

- Vladimir

hes more sustained harass / poking than a nuke/burst

- Karthus

sustained magic DPS

- Anivia

ok she's a burst/nuke but her damage is laughable compared to those champs i mentioned mid/lategame

- Poppy

single target burst, melee range, cc'd before ultimate = dead

- Sion

unreliable

- Lux

unreliable, support champion - you won't be building mass AP
Jet has been banned for trolling and blatant racism.
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 7, 2011 12:48pm | Report
eXecute wrote:

Would be nice if LoL website displayed like top 3 played champs of top-rated ELO players.

http://www.lolbase.net/champions

If you organize by "all time", "level 30", and "summoner's rift", the top 3 played champions are Ashe, Shen, and Ezreal, in that order. The rest of the top 10:
4. Katarina
5. Shaco
6. Twisted Fate
7. Jax
8. Teemo
9. Mordekaiser
10. Garen

But this includes all games, not ranked games only.
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 7, 2011 1:06pm | Report
also execute, you blame a lot of things on champs that aren't because of the champ. for instance, you mention how akali gets snared a lot. That can happen with ANYONE, obviously, if you constantly get snared, you are not doing something right. You have to know when to go in and when not to, when to use your abilities, etc. This will change over time.

I answered a lot of your questions here in response to your comment btw:

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/your-ap-katarina-du-couteau-resource-dont-play-with-knives-61072?page=14

check out my reponse to you if you haven't already, it should clear some things up.

Jet
<Member>
Jet's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 7, 2011 1:08pm | Report
lolbase is outdated by a year and dead.

here's a more accurate list from a while ago, feb 13th, on the top 50 US #1 champ and top 50 EU #1 champ

US:
Quoted:

4 Shaco
4 Ezreal
4 Pantheon
4 Kassadin
3 Singed
3 Warwick
3 Twisted Fate
2 Anivia
2 Nidalee
2 Vladimir
2 Twitch
1 Akali
1 Alistar
1 Annie
1 Ashe
1 Blitzcrank
1 Corki
1 Garen
1 Kayle
1 Malphite
1 Master Yi
1 Morgana
1 Nunu
1 Sivir
1 Tristana
1 Udyr
1 Urgot
1 Zilean

EU:
Quoted:

12 Ashe
6 Shaco
4 Yi
3 Gragas
3 Kassadin
2 Akali
2 Anivia
2 Karthus
2 Miss Fortune
2 Sion
2 Twitch
2 Twisted Fate
2 Vladimir
1 Corki
1 Cho’Gath
1 Eve
1 Ezreal
1 Fiddlesticks
1 Irelia
1 Janna
1 Kennen
1 Nidalee
1 Mundo
1 Rammus
1 Shen
1 Tristana
Jet has been banned for trolling and blatant racism.
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 7, 2011 1:09pm | Report
btw the real answer on who is best in ranked...is...

JANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 7, 2011 1:09pm | Report
but you have a while before you get into ranked :P

so for right now, don't focus on who is top tier in ranked, focus on who you enjoy playing the most and who you are the best at.

if they happen to be high tier, that's an added perk :)

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide