Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Champ good on any team?

Creator: ShenMasterFlash May 5, 2011 5:02pm
1 2
ShenMasterFlash
<Member>
ShenMasterFlash's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 5, 2011 5:02pm | Report
I know so many champs are entirely situational, but are there any champs that you see and are like "man, they work on ANY team" or are always happy to have on your team? I originally thought a cool support like Janna, but pre-30, when your teammates arent very reliable, its almost pointless playing a support i think. So what champ do you recommend that I can just "instalock" and be helpful?
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 5, 2011 5:07pm | Report
It really depends on your current team composition. An all-around universal AP champion, for example, is still a bad choice when you already have 2 AP characters on your team.

Forgive the advertisement, but the 5-champion guide in my signature answers this question better than I can in a brief comment.
AlphaOmega
<Member>
AlphaOmega's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 6, 2011 8:59am | Report
In my opinion it's always good to have a support on your team (especially ranked) or you might face your doom rather quickly.
And if i'd choose one from my own experience: choose Janna

Great asset for any team.
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 6, 2011 2:09pm | Report

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 6, 2011 9:58pm | Report
OK besides Janna (which is good, especially in premades) Twisted Fate is always a good pick to me since his ult is amazing, and can be built as both AP, AD, or hybrid.

I also think Shen is the perfect tank for any team. I can't think of how he'd ever not fit well on a team (unless you have all tanks already obviously).
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
Beetchplease
<Member>
Beetchplease's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 6, 2011 10:49pm | Report
I'd have to say Zilean. I know it's a weird pick, but after playing him, his time bomb + rewind combo is a monster help at all levels. If utilized correctly, Zilean can be one of the deadliest champions in the game. His ult is also good for those tight situations!

Thanks to wRAthoFVuLK for the sick art!
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 6, 2011 10:54pm | Report
Mowen wrote:

OK besides Janna (which is good, especially in premades) Twisted Fate is always a good pick to me since his ult is amazing, and can be built as both AP, AD, or hybrid.

I also think Shen is the perfect tank for any team. I can't think of how he'd ever not fit well on a team (unless you have all tanks already obviously).

I second this notion.
TF really good on most teams.

Joobieo#41288
<Member>
Joobieo#41288's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 7, 2011 6:07am | Report
Sona. Taric.
Current Solo Q Elo = 1405+
Active United States Marine
Malzahar - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
Kassadin - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
koolkruse
<Member>
koolkruse's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 8, 2011 1:11pm | Report
Really, there is no champion that you can insta lock and it's good for. Don't get me wrong, it's great to join a game and see that you guys already have say, a morde/shen, and you instalock twisted fate. That's great so far. But wait for the lock, wait and see what other players pick. If they're good, they won't lock and they will talk about what to play. You should have 1-2 tanks/carries ( one of one, two of the other) a support, and a jungler ideally. Try to make sure you have that, along with a bit of cc.
Dakirokor
<Member>
Dakirokor's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 21, 2011 6:44pm | Report
One word: Amumu

can lane, can jungle, has stun, great at damaging lots of people with dispair, super rediculus AoE ulti that everyone loves if you can use it well
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide