Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Don't know META, Who to buy?

Creator: FaTaLiTyFiReFly August 8, 2014 10:56pm
1 2
FaTaLiTyFiReFly
<Member>
FaTaLiTyFiReFly's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 8, 2014 10:56pm | Report
Hello! I am quite new to LoL , in the sense that I don't understand the META. I don't know who is strong and who isn't

So basically I have enough RP to buy 3 champs. But I don't know who to buy :/

Favourite Champions: Heimerdinger(Mid) , Thresh(Support) , Blitz(Support) , Bruam(Support) , Lulu(Support)

So thus far I main support, but I wanna be able to play the other roles aswell when my team needs me to.

Here is a list of OTHER champions I like/dislike that I own
Spoiler: Click to view

So I wanted to buy: Nidalee/Nautilis/Rumble/Fizz/Diana/Lissandra/Casseopia/Quinn

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Vorcia
<Member>
Vorcia's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2014 6:46am | Report
Nidalee is an amazing top laner.
Nautilus is a great jungler but imo I think Amumu and Maokai (even if he is mostly played top now) are better late game tank junglers.
Rumble is really good but also really hard to play.
Fizz is a pretty good champ if you want an AP assassin.
Diana isn't played much, but I assume its because she's rather bad right now, so I can't really comment on that.
Lissandra is OK I guess, but for control/zoning mages, Syndra and Orianna are definitely better.
Cassiopeia is really hard to play, can't snowball really well and loses to a lot of lanes, I'd rather pick up Syndra or Orianna.
Quinn is an OK top laner if you want to play a carry top laner, Lulu is still better though, but for ADC, almost anything is better.

You also like assassin mid laners, but they're mostly AP, if you want to try out some AD assassins mid, I'd recommend Yasuo, Zed, and Talon.
Also, I'd recommend not buying champs with RP since you could buy them with IP. It's better to just buy skins with RP IMO, but its your choice.
KatariFIRE
<Member>
KatariFIRE's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2014 4:09pm | Report
Many people has a good idea about which champ to buy. So, I will tell you about META instead.

Ok, first lets make it clear about "Role" in LOL.

It's really depend on "What can that champion do".

Some champion can do more than 1 Role, that's why you should not strict on it much.

Some champions able to deal a lot of damage by their auto attack in late game and their power really depend on "Item" we call this type AD Carry.
Example : Vayne, Draven, Jinx, Caitlyn.

Support is champions that provide gameplay advantage for AD Carry in lane make them play easier get more gold and help them kill people (easy isn't it?).
Example : Braum, Leona, Sona, Taric and Kayle?.

Mage is champion that their skill has a large scale on Ability Power point, maybe 70-100% in some, they are capable of nuke on enemy team dealing huge damage in a short period of time.
Example : Veigar, Katarina, Brand.

Some champion has ability to use AP to emplify their auto attack, some of them benefit from build both AP and AD, we call these champions a Hybrid although many of them in real game people will choose only 1 specific item set for them it's very complicate to say anything that which one should go all in and which one should be real Hybrid.
Example : Jax, Kayle, Akali.

Jungler is someone who will spent their time in a jungle more than in lane, they have ability to clear monsters camp fast, stay healthy and most of them has a good ability to gank in lane, Jungler will always take Smite as one of their summoner spell to help them secure a buff monster like Lizard or Golem and objective like Dragon or Baron.
Example : Lee Sin, Kha'Zix, Amumu, Rengar, Maokai.

So, about a Fighter champions, they can be divide in many sub-role.

The one who can deal a good damage while has a good sustain is Bruiser.

The one that has a good CC like area STUN or hard Slow or push back or whatever that can be use to open a team-fight and bring advantage to your team called Initiator .

The one that die as hard as brat, called Tank .

Example : Renekton, Nasus, Malphite, Shyvana, Rammus.

And don't forget the Assassins they are a champions that capable of dealing tons of damage to 1 pacific target and of course that target mostly be AD or AP carry, all of them has good in-and-out ability (Someone only has jump-in ability).
Example : Zed, Talon, Kha'Zix, Akali, Fizz.

It's really hard to tell how many role they have in LOL because it's depend on how people will say, and the truth is META, ROLE is not an unbreakable rule, you can play whatever you want to play, but META serve as "Which duty this champion can do it good".
"There is the Hunter and the Hunted"
Jack Rubino
<Member>
Jack Rubino's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2014 6:02pm | Report
"Ah... delicious."
FaTaLiTyFiReFly
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2014 11:07pm | Report
Ty Katari, I understand it a bit better now!
FaTaLiTyFiReFly
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2014 11:09pm | Report

Not exactly what I was looking for, I 'know' who to buy, But I end up buying UP champions every single time.
I mainly wanted to know what the state of the META was example: Who got buffed recently/ Who got nerfed etc.etc.

But ty anyway! I'll check it out
KatariFIRE
<Member>
KatariFIRE's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2014 4:56am | Report

Not exactly what I was looking for, I 'know' who to buy, But I end up buying UP champions every single time.
I mainly wanted to know what the state of the META was example: Who got buffed recently/ Who got nerfed etc.etc.

Man... you should made it clear earlier.

This is what you want.

http://www.nerfplz.com/2014/07/solo-queue-fotm-tier-list-patch-412.html Go check it.
"There is the Hunter and the Hunted"
cocfight
<Member>
cocfight's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2014 5:49am | Report

Check the patch notes when they are released, it will keep you up to date with any buffd/nerfs that are going into every patch.
turingexp
<Member>
turingexp's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 11, 2014 2:29pm | Report
ideally you want at least one champ for each role. it looks like you already have supp and mid, so i'd buy an adc, jungle, and top champ. i prefer caitlyn adc (very easy imo and very powerful late game). for jungle, master yi is really easy to play and has great sustain with meditation. for top, i think shyv is pretty cheap and a great tank. try and get good in each role.
Vorcia
<Member>
Vorcia's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 13, 2014 11:18am | Report
KatariFIRE wrote:

Man... you should made it clear earlier.

This is what you want.

http://www.nerfplz.com/2014/07/solo-queue-fotm-tier-list-patch-412.html Go check it.

Please stop linking that site to anyone. IIRC that was the site that listed Fiora and WW as the gods of top lane.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide