Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Having trouble playing jungle

Creator: theyouiporit March 14, 2016 6:59pm
theyouiporit
<Member>
theyouiporit's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2016 6:59pm | Report
So for starters my best champion is (used) to be Hecarim, and I play him a lo in the jungle.
But lately I've been having this feeling that I don't do anything; either because I think I can't or I think it's gonna turn out disfavorable. Yet I do realise, after I chose wether to do stuff or not, that it was indeed a good choice to do, but in the moment it didn't seem like it. It only happens while playing jungle, and it's really affecting my mental and game performance. If someone has a tip or advise please feel free to help.
Thanks in advance.

Thanks to TheSilverDust for this Thresh signature!
*Image done by Z0MBGiEF*
Pantheon loves singing Adele
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2016 8:16pm | Report
You have to play aggressively and take risks if you want to learn which plays are going to work out and which ones are going to flop. That doesn't mean ganking after every camp, but it does mean trying stuff that seems a bit risky. Eventually you should get the hang of which kinds of situations your champion can handle.

On Hecarim, pay close attention to which parts of the early game that you have the most pressure. Are you strongest after your first back, once you have Stalker's Blade and full hp with double buffs? Can you gank at level 6 with your ultimate? Are some champions especially vulnerable to your post-6 ganks?

It's easy to just sit back and farm rather than taking risks, but if you want to learn how to pressure the map and make plays in the early and mid game, you have to step out of your jungle and try stuff. Eventually you might learn something like "I can't gank Leblanc when she has Distortion available, but if I'm nearby when she uses it, I can gank her right after." That kind of stuff often comes from experience, so you have to be willing to make mistakes in order to learn what you can do.
Thanks to Nyoike for the sig!
Ekki
<Veteran>
Ekki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2016 8:47am | Report
I have played Hecarim and felt that way through the whole game, it may have been me sucking at the champion but I think that's how the champion feels when underperforming. Hecarim is a high-risk champion that can't do much if he's behind, kinda like Vi.

Anyways, sucking at your "main" happens. I can't remember the last time I had a good game on Nasus and the last time I won playing him I got carried. Personally, my solution when underperforming on a champion is start playing new champions in the same role. This way you're forced to re-learn some aspects of the role that you would skip on your main. After some time you can get back to Hecarim and apply all you have learned on other champions with your experience in him.

Your problem in particular seems to be not taking enough risks. You may want to try a low risk champion to get a grip on that without sucking too hard if it goes wrong. I'd recommend Amumu, Xin Zhao and Nautilus if you want to try this.
theyouiporit
<Member>
theyouiporit's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2016 2:53pm | Report
Thanks for both of your responses! I'll try your advises and let you know the results.

Thanks to TheSilverDust for this Thresh signature!
*Image done by Z0MBGiEF*
Pantheon loves singing Adele

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide