Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Help with purchasing runes?

Creator: JBuckowskiEsq August 21, 2011 6:55am
JBuckowskiEsq
<Member>
JBuckowskiEsq's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 21, 2011 6:55am | Report
Hey guys, don't know if this is the right spot for this, since im a new level 30, not really a new player.

Anyway, I am setting up my rune pages. As of right now, I have full Tier 3 ArPen marks and full Tier 3 MPen Marks, then full Armor yellows, and full MR per level blues. Sadly, the only tier 3 Quints are ArPen (3) and Attack Speed (1), cuz I was really playing alot of jungle olaf and jungle GP when I was leveling up in the 20s.

So my question: What should I purchase next? I have about 5k IP built up, and want to make some smart/versatile rune purchases. Right now, I play alot of: Jungle GP and Olaf, Singed, Nasus, Janna (when I play support). I am thinking of maybe trying to really start practicing as a tank, so I dunno, maybe some good tank runes. But just any ideas on what should be my next purchase as far as runes go? (I was thinknig HP quints.....but they're SO expensive ;))
Joobieo#41288
<Member>
Joobieo#41288's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 21, 2011 7:45am | Report
Hp Quints or Armor Quints , can't really go wrong with either of those two for tanks .
Current Solo Q Elo = 1405+
Active United States Marine
Malzahar - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
Kassadin - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 21, 2011 12:55pm | Report
Armor Quints aren't really the greatest unless you're jungling Amumu or something. Flat HP quints work great on all champions, including tanks and AP carries. Since you haven't mentioned that you play any AP carries, I'd go with Flat HP over something like Flat AP, since they're more versatile and nice for tanking. Remember, tanks get survivability items very quickly, so it's the early game that needs a boost. The rest of your runes sound fine.

One more suggestion: Greater Seal of Scaling Mana Regeneration or Greater Seal of Replenishment are also some of the best runes out there. They are very cheap, and well worth the price on mana hungry champs.
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide