Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

How to ADC?

Creator: Kazboh13 December 15, 2013 4:09pm
13 posts - page 1 of 2
1 2
Kazboh13
<Member>
Kazboh13's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 15, 2013 4:09pm | Report
I can play most lanes correctly, but I have no idea how to play ADC besides kill the closest person near you and to play Jinx or Lucian. Any tips are appreciated, even the most basic ones. Thanks. :)
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 15, 2013 4:12pm | Report
Sivir is good too

Farm a lot

Position well

focus the most dangerous target you can without putting yourself in to a risk

Thanks to OwenTheAwesomer for the signature =)
Omnislash GG
<Member>
Omnislash GG's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 15, 2013 10:34pm | Report
Last hitting is #1. Ask anyone, they will tell you that if you can't last hit, you can't ADC effectively.

What you explained you know is basically all that there is. The rest is general game knowledge and having a good support to back you up.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 15, 2013 11:55pm | Report

Last hitting is #1. Ask anyone, they will tell you that if you can't last hit, you can't ADC effectively.

What you explained you know is basically all that there is. The rest is general game knowledge and having a good support to back you up.

Disagree. I'd rather have an ADC who isn't all that great at farming and knows how to position in teamfights than the other way around.
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 16, 2013 12:38am | Report
^

Mechanics are easy to learn - you just practice.

Positioning on the other hand is a much more difficult concept to grasp for many newer players due to its changing nature per game.

As an ADC always ask yourself "How do I maximize damage output without dying," and you'll improve quickly.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 16, 2013 8:42am | Report

Disagree. I'd rather have an ADC who isn't all that great at farming and knows how to position in teamfights than the other way around.

Depends what Elo. I've seen ADC's with horrible positioning at low Elo that just get completely ignored by the enemy team.

"wait, this tank is already down to 40% HP!"

Edit: In fact I remember a time when I was gold where I got carried by a fed Kog'maw who literally just stood on the spot auto-attacking anyone who attacked him, and he was fed enough to make it work because he only had 1 person on him at any time, the rest of the enemy team didn't bother trying to attack him.
IAmByakuya
<Member>
IAmByakuya's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 16, 2013 8:52am | Report
-Positioning
-Alternate last hit/harass in lane

That's all
Gave you a good laugh or helped? rep+ so i can know ;)

Thanks to TinyStar, Jhoi, Xiaowi, Virus, Bard and Arcana(eww)...for my signatures!

Elohell is like Irelia's stun: if your real level is equal or lower than the level you are in, you're STUNNED there forever. If your actual level is higher than the level you are in, you're just SLOWED in your way up.
Thalia Kael
<Inhouse Addict>
Thalia Kael's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 16, 2013 2:41pm | Report
I find that I'm a great ADC laner but that when the lategame comes I have a harder time, mostly because I have a difficult time surviving the assassins and bruisers and the burst mages, partly because of my positioning and partly because of how it's hard to find peel from your team in solo matches because everybody is disorganized usually and because many players favor diving the enemy team in order to kill their carries over protecting your carries in order for them to kill the enemy team. My best ADC atm is Twitch and I've been getting much better at teamfighting with him and he's always been my strongest ADC laner. Spray and pray and ambush make positioning easymode usually. Also as I've been advancing through Gold 1 I've found my teams much more capable at teamfighting and they start to protect the carries.
Thanks to FatelBlade, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, TheNamelessBard, GrandmasterD, aviseras and koksei for the awesome signatures
ThatDude
<Member>
ThatDude's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 29, 2014 7:41am | Report
Farm, farm, farm.

It is not a bad thing to not "win" the lane and trade equal with ur opposing adc/support.
DO NOT focus on your opponents adc, you will not likely meet him that much after laning, so focus rather on your opponents top lane and jungler,
because those are most likely the targets you have to deal with. So if your opponents Renekton(top) is 3-0 @ 13min and has rather great farm, you cannot afford to do risky plays on bot and try kill ur lane opponents for a mere 300g, which you would get from like 2 creepwaves.

and do not join every given teamfight.
In lower leagues, ppl tend to get itchy trigger fingers around 20 min and alot of groupings happen, and if your current items do not allow you to handle the pressure the top lane and jungler put on you in a teamfight, just do not participate unless there is no other way - your impact at that time won't be that much anyway.

It is not as important as many ppl asume to have ubermechanics, just play efficient.
Bokonon
<Member>
Bokonon's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 29, 2014 2:51pm | Report
As an ADC main I can tell you that the most important part is knowing when to shoot the nearest enemy and when to target the squishies. With how common tanks are right now I find risky plays to be much more rewarding, especially if your champion's kit allows you to GTFO when you're done ( Tristana, Jinx,etc). However, the #1 rule is still "when i doubt, attack the closest".

I'd say farming is extremely important, but that applies to every role except support.

Make sure you're present in every lategame teamfight, it's the Marksmen who have DPS, which makes them the biggest threats in 5vs5 scenarios.

Do your research and understand what are your and your opponent's champions' pros and cons. It's not that much about counterpicks, what's important is whether a champ is stronger late or early. Learn that and make use of it: you don't want to go all-in at level 1 with Kog'Maw, just like you don't want to farm passively for 20 minutes with Caitlyn.

Learn how to trade/poke effectively. One trick is to wait for the enemy to come closer to kill a minion, then attack them immediately. With how low AS is early this gives you a short window of time in which they can't retaliate.

And a final tip: always build boots, 4 offensive items and 1 defensive item, always include Last Whisper in your build. No exceptions.

Hope I helped!
I'm more than ADC main, i'm a DRAVEN MAIN!
Welcome to the League of Draven!
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide