Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

How to play mages/squishy players?

Creator: Pur3MaYheM May 30, 2012 8:22am
1 2
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
The Overmyynd's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 1, 2012 9:45am | Report
DDarkray wrote:

When I first play LoL, Ryze was my very first mage champion, and looking back in the past, I used to die a lot too. But now, I'm not so noobie anymore. :)

Here's some tips:

1) Play PASSIVELY. Try not be too aggressive early on.
2) Grab GHOST and/or FLASH summoner skill. You need to be able to escape quickly.
3) Try not to OVEREXTEND yourself in lane, especially when your escape mechanism (like Ghost and Flash) is on cooldown. This is to minimize your chance of getting ganked (a.k.a. ambushed).
4) Don't be too AGGRESSIVE, especially early in the game.

Things you will need to learn over time:

1) Last hitting. This is why you don't want to be too aggressive because mage needs money from killing minions.
2) Positioning. Don't be like me who used to engage like a frontline solder. Stay back and spam spells.
3) Try not using your mouse when it could be done using keyboard (such as leveling up skills via Ctrl+Q/W/E or teleporting back to base via 'B'). It's much faster that way.
4) Get used to the keyboard. As simple as it sounds, there are times where I got confused between 'D' and 'F'. :(

There are a lot of other things to cover, but the ones above are very important to understand. Hope this prove useful to you. :)

My name is The Overmyynd, and i approve this message.
Hey, if you liked any advice i gave, be sure to +rep me! Oh, and check out my Shaco and Maokail lorecraft in my Blog! I'm a starving artist in need of attention, so please feel free to read, respond, and critique me! Please? Anybody that leaves a comment (good or bad) will receive a +rep!
Somalie
<Member>
Somalie's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 2, 2012 8:11am | Report
Alissera wrote:
And if you feel to squishy as AP carry try out Rod of Ages and Rylai's Crystal Scepter. That gives you about 900 HP, mana, a bit cc, and good AP.

I hope this will help you :D

Usually, improving the lane behavior, the positionning before/in team fight and the champion's choice is way better than building items not needed on specific champs.

Best exemple would be TF : RoA and Rylai on him, or if he's nicely played those items won't be needed.

PS : in the offensive mastery, pick the damage on minon and 1 point in AD, some mages can't farm with spells or the mana cost is too high, last hitting with AA is easier with those "physical" masteries
English is not my native langage, I'm sorry about how painful to read my text are :c
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide