's Forum Avatar

I still don't understand jungling...

Creator: Buranri April 15, 2012 5:23pm
1 2
Buranri
<Member>
Buranri's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend April 15, 2012 5:23pm | Report
I read that big long guide a few times, decided to get Amumu to try jungling with. Sounds good, right? So I start a custom game with bots, go out... and get raped. Within in 5 minutes I still haven't gotten blue buff, my first tower is dead, I'm out of mana and health. Yeah, that game isn't happening. So I quit, start another game, and a similar thing happens. Within a few minutes I'm almost dead, and I haven't gotten anywhere significant. What am I doing wrong? I mean... how do you make jungling work? Every time I've tried it I just end up with little to no xp or gold, and fall way behind.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend April 15, 2012 5:28pm | Report
You kinda need runes and masteries to jungle effectively on most champs, most importantly 9x Greater Seal of Armor. I'm assuming that's the problem.
Xenasis
<Scout>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend April 15, 2012 5:45pm | Report
First and foremost, what route are you taking, what masteries are you using, and what runes are you using, oh, and what skill order/starting item?

I definitely wouldn't recommend Amumu if you don't have armour runes.
Majamorra
<Member>
Majamorra's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend April 15, 2012 6:39pm | Report
Well here in MOBAfire we have a excellent Amumu jungle guide, it's extremdly difficult jungle
with Amumu if you don't have runes and masteries.

A good jungler can carry your team to the victory with his ganks :D

Yes, my new project start it. Feel free to PM me and give me suggestions to be the best blog on MOBAfire!

Buranri
<Member>
Buranri's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend April 15, 2012 8:28pm | Report
Ah. That would make a difference... I'm only level 11, so I don't have access to a whole lot of runes or masteries. I guess I'll just keep playing other roles until 30 then? I do fairly well with carries, I think. My two best are Ziggs and Fiora, even with my limited amount of runes and masteries.
Xenasis
<Scout>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend April 16, 2012 9:58am | Report
Buranri wrote:

I guess I'll just keep playing other roles until 30 then?

Honestly, there are quite a few champions that can jungle really well with/without runes.

Examples include -
Warwick, Trundle, Shen, Udyr, Olaf, Shaco (Shaco is extremely tricky to master, however),
Zoki
<Scout>
Zoki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend April 16, 2012 1:46pm | Report
Warwick is best for you IMO if you don't have runes. You'll have easiest time keeping him at mid-high health. Also Udyr doesn't drop with health so far, but I'd recommend Phoenix jungle, not Tiger(if anyone still even uses Tiger jungle).

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.
Sigs made by: LaCorpse, jhoijhoi, Katoki, JEFFY40HANDS, The_Nameless_Bard and Sk1llbug
-||- Check out my Master Yi guide -||-
CaRtRiG8ToR
<Member>
CaRtRiG8ToR's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend April 18, 2012 4:55pm | Report
also start with efficent jungling items, smite as summonerspell and watch the health of the enemy champions. thats the trick, not too atack or try to gank a full health champ, but waiting and leveling untill 1 is weak and then you kill him.
That Trev Person
<Member>
That Trev Person's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend April 24, 2012 5:23am | Report
You gain access to the highest level runes at summoner level 20, and if you want to jungle I'd recommend saving up IP beforehand so you can buy 9 Seal of Armors right away.

In addition to these, other necessities as a jungling Amumu would be Smite as a summoner spell and taking Despair at your first level. Also, in a real game it helps to get a leash from your mid lane. How this works is your mid lane auto attacks or casts a spell over the wall at Ancient Golem, and it tries to walk around to get them. Done right, you get a lot of free damage on it before it finally changes targets.

If you look at my sig, you'll see I recently published an Amumu guide, and it explains my jungle route, runes, and masteries there :D *Shameless advertising* :P
IceCreamy
<Moderator>
IceCreamy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend April 24, 2012 5:31am | Report

You gain access to the highest level runes at summoner level 20, and if you want to jungle I'd recommend saving up IP beforehand so you can buy 9 Seal of Armors right away.

He means Greater Seal of Armor ;)

DuffTime wrote:
ok ok plz carry me omg
i was only waiting for you to ask

Temzilla wrote:
Too hot to be icecream.

Luther3000 wrote:
He looks like a hair gel advert on legs

Toshabi wrote:
Icecreamy, with hair as slick and smooth as the ocean waves of Cocobana
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.