Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

is it bad luck or is it really me?

Creator: Six Nails September 12, 2011 12:11pm
1 2
Six Nails
<Member>
Six Nails's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 12, 2011 12:11pm | Report
my 5v5 solo elo is 882. if you asked me a few days ago i would have said that it doesnt go that low. how low can it actually get because if anything i can set records here....

anyways....

obviously i cant win and obviously its not getting better so here i am asking for help.

my ratios are positive being 3.9, 3.2, 7.6 so im not the guy feeding.

i dont recall losing my lane once in 5's when im solo. i have though when dual laning

i play 2 champs pretty damn well, being malphite and sion, and at first i only used them but they cannot carry games and at this point if im not winning the game for my team, we arent winning

so then i only played carries, hoping if i get fed we can win, but to counter act that my teams have been hell bent on feeding.
Im not a good carry by any means, but i cant last hit and right click and im good at not feeding.

now i just play whatever because im at a loss for words haha.

if anyone has tips let me at em. at least im bronze tier in 3's and climbing.

and this is just some amusing situations i got put into so far that i would like to share, feel free to skip

a person who claimed to main as singed, and then had to be told that his q takes mana when its on, and it had to be toggled

a person soloing baron with janna as baron spawned. yes he was trolling, but it still hurts the morale

a tryn that stacked phantom dancers.....just phantom dancers....god he was a fast tryn

ap ashe and warrick. to ww's credit he did well though early game so ya lol

a rumble who didnt know he had to click and drag his ult (this im assuming cause whenever he ulted it was so random)

a "support garen" that carried heal and clarity

a shen with a frozen heart (which is kinda fine, i wouldnt get that personally but hey the armor and on hit slows are cool) but got the mana crystal first.

feel free to call me names and stuff your not gonna break my stride :). when your elo is 882 you have been called everything in the book so let me have it. as long as someone gives me some advice :)
Calibern
<Member>
Calibern's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 12, 2011 12:37pm | Report
Find a premade team, or find someone to help you solo queue, other than that good luck.
Xin Guide
Clicking the Rep button will end the world, do not click it! (Reverse psychology FTW)
Thank to AlexanPT, JakofAllSpaydes,JEFFY40HANDS, KingCasanova and reppinFTC for the amazing signatures.

Six Nails
<Member>
Six Nails's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 12, 2011 12:53pm | Report
well premade is a different ranking. and my friends wont solo with me cause i have "the elo curse". we all actually find it funny. i premade 3's though and i have bronze :)
Six Nails
<Member>
Six Nails's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 12, 2011 12:56pm | Report
just played another game went 1/1/8 with sion and had a 4/8/2 alistar tell me to stop feeding the first time i died. to which i replied "but im not feeding that was the first time i died, and i died fighting in my tower" to which he he told me i need to learn how to play the game or unistall. i think im just going to mute all 9 other players when the game starts. also elo is at 858. im blazing new trails!
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 12, 2011 1:19pm | Report
Not gonna read this, but **** happens unfortunately.

Duo with someone so you are guaranteed at least one other competent person.

Play carries and tanky DPS that can hold their own.

Play a lot. The more you play, the more Elo normalizes.

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Slizer002
<Member>
Slizer002's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 12, 2011 1:24pm | Report
Six Nails wrote:

my 5v5 solo elo is 882. if you asked me a few days ago i would have said that it doesnt go that low. how low can it actually get because if anything i can set records here....

anyways....

obviously i cant win and obviously its not getting better so here i am asking for help.

my ratios are positive being 3.9, 3.2, 7.6 so im not the guy feeding.

i dont recall losing my lane once in 5's when im solo. i have though when dual laning

i play 2 champs pretty damn well, being malphite and sion, and at first i only used them but they cannot carry games and at this point if im not winning the game for my team, we arent winning

so then i only played carries, hoping if i get fed we can win, but to counter act that my teams have been hell bent on feeding.
Im not a good carry by any means, but i cant last hit and right click and im good at not feeding.

now i just play whatever because im at a loss for words haha.

if anyone has tips let me at em. at least im bronze tier in 3's and climbing.

and this is just some amusing situations i got put into so far that i would like to share, feel free to skip

a person who claimed to main as singed, and then had to be told that his q takes mana when its on, and it had to be toggled

a person soloing baron with janna as baron spawned. yes he was trolling, but it still hurts the morale

a tryn that stacked phantom dancers.....just phantom dancers....god he was a fast tryn

ap ashe and warrick. to ww's credit he did well though early game so ya lol

a rumble who didnt know he had to click and drag his ult (this im assuming cause whenever he ulted it was so random)

a "support garen" that carried heal and clarity

a shen with a frozen heart (which is kinda fine, i wouldnt get that personally but hey the armor and on hit slows are cool) but got the mana crystal first.

feel free to call me names and stuff your not gonna break my stride :). when your elo is 882 you have been called everything in the book so let me have it. as long as someone gives me some advice :)

Dont do as wrath said, tbh - Do what you would do to win a normal game, because at that low Elo a champ such as Shaco, Twitch or even Tryn can completely carry entire matches.

Pick up your best pubstompers and get to it!
Anything that can deal obnoxious amounts of damage once fed works ^^

Climb the ladder with pubstompers when you are that low ^^

If someone can't stay alive in lane for 6:30 seconds on their own then they got problems.
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 12, 2011 2:06pm | Report
Play LOTS of games.

This seems to happen to me; I'm on a 6 or so lose streak that has brought my elo to sub-1300 (i used to be 1450).

However, statistically speaking, the more you play games the less luck will be a factor. If luck is truly the factor, you will win until you're at an elo you deserve to be at. If not, well... You'll stick.

Play ~120 games and you'll be able to say that luck isn't a factor. ~200 or more would be best, though.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
Six Nails
<Member>
Six Nails's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 12, 2011 3:58pm | Report
alright well that makes sense to me. just keep playing. right now im 8 wins 18 losses haha but at least its fun even to lose. and most times i end with a really good score anyways. that's why i still have ppl on my friends list :). in my heart, im gold tier :)
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 12, 2011 4:24pm | Report
I would only recommend playing more than 2 champions well, that might help :P
Personally I made sure I had 3 champions that I could play decently for every role (so 3 supports, 3 ad carries, 3 ap carries, 3 junglers and 3 solo tops) before I even started playing ranked, I replaced some champions by others that I think are overall better champions but I still have 3 champions to choose from for every role.
Alternatively you can focus on 1 or 2 roles of course.
Apart from that I would follow Slizer002s advice: use pubstompers! ^^

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
theBMB
<Member>
theBMB's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 12, 2011 5:17pm | Report
also, don't play if you're on a losing streak, take a break otherwise you're guaranteed to keep losing due to a snowballing bad mood and negative attitude
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide