Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

LoL Terminology

Creator: Matt October 14, 2010 9:53pm
115 posts - page 3 of 12
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12
roflstomp
<Member>
roflstomp's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 5, 2011 12:20am | Report
top = top lane (opposit of bottom)
ss = same as mia (i see mor ss as mia than as skill shot)
Panglot
<Member>
Panglot's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 19, 2011 4:06pm | Report
Erm Carry doesnt mean that you are carried by your team. Carry means that after getting few items you can carry the game of the others. Which in other hand means that you are the main damage dealer that deals damage continuously without depending on CDs and such. Also carries are usually squishy and should be protected as they deal the main damage in the team.
And also carries are preferable to be range: Ashe, Tristana, Caitlyn. As AP carries can be considered Ryze and Cassiopea. Ryze can carry cause his passive makes him almost not dependable on CDs and Cassiopea, despite of having very short range, has very low CDs on spells.

Where to place your wards? See here:

Warding Guide

aquarius11
<Member>
aquarius11's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 23, 2011 10:34am | Report
SS should be changed to miss/An enemy is missing from it's lane, since it's more common to use it to shorten the word "miss", than to use it for SkillShot.
Ullrich
<Member>
Ullrich's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 11, 2011 9:03pm | Report
Re: My bad, no MIA, etc., meaning "retracting previous statement."
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 17, 2011 8:18am | Report
Hi, there. I'm here to make some big changes ^^

I would like these to be added:
Top: The top lane.
Champ, Champion: The main unit under your (the summoner's) control. Also the only unit unless he can summon creatures in some way.
HP5, HP-reg per 5 seconds: The amount of HP you regenerate over 5 seconds.
MP5, Mana-reg per 5 seconds: The amount of mana you regenerate over 5 seconds.
CrC, Crit chance: Increases the chance to crit.
CrD, Crit damage: Increases the damage dealt through critical strikes.
/lvl, Per level: A bonus that gives a part each level, summing up to the total at max level.

This should replace the current Mpen:
MrP, Magic Penetration: Decreases the amount of magical damage your opponent's magic resist will absorb.

MR should be:
MR, Magic Resist: Decreases magical damage received.

Bot, Bottom should be:
Bot, Bottom: The bottom lane.

TP should be:
TP, Teleport: Teleport is a Summoner Spell that allows you to travel to any friendly non champion unit on the map.

Upper and IAS should be removed. They are both very rare expressions that I've never heard of. (the only ones I haven't heard of on this entire list)
SS, Skill Shot is also an abbreviation that should be considered for deletion. I've heard it, but it's very rare and of very little use.

The current AP should be split into 2 things like this:
AP, Ability Power: A stat that increases the power of your abilities.
AP Ratio: The rate at which Ability Power boosts a champion's abilities. A 0.5 or 50% ratio means every 2 points of AP increases the power of an ability by 1.

Maybe adding BG is a good idea too, is it? Something like this:
BG, Bad game: Usually said at the end of a match to show dissatisfaction. Reasons are often leavers, feeders or simply a very uneven match.
"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens
shadows fiji
<Member>
shadows fiji's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 25, 2011 1:22am | Report
could i copy the Lol terminology and paste it in my guide?? n also give the link to where i found it .???
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 25, 2011 7:48am | Report

could i copy the Lol terminology and paste it in my guide?? n also give the link to where i found it .???

Just make a link that leads here, you don't need this in your guide..
"I'm ebolakin. You can refer to me as Ebola-Chan." - Vurtax

"I also am Otherkin. Whenever autumn rolls around I can feel my kin-type slowly taking over my body. You must know, I identify as pumpkin. I can control it pretty good most of the time, but when September ends, I just cant hold it in anymore. Whenever Im outside I see my brothers and sisters being chopped into soup, coffee, donuts, cake, drinks, bread - ppl even cut human faces into their skin, making a mockery out of their noble appearance. When I see things like that I cant control my pumpkin urges anymore. My natural instincts kick in. I then sit down motionless, while getting bright orange." - Morgana L
Dainjah
<Member>
Dainjah's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 11, 2011 12:23am | Report
What does ELO mean?
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 11, 2011 12:27am | Report
Dainjah wrote:

What does ELO mean?

from wikipedia:

The Elo rating system is a method for calculating the relative skill levels of players in two-player games such as chess. It is named after its creator Arpad Elo, a Hungarian-born American physics professor.
The Elo system was invented as an improved chess rating system, but today it is also used in many other games. It is also used as a rating system for multiplayer competition in a number of computer games,[1] and has been adapted to team sports including association football, American college football and basketball, and Major League Baseball.

It is your ranking in LoL once you are level 30, in solo/duo queue 5v5, arranged 3v3, and arranged 5v5. You lose score for losses and gain for wins.

There is also a hidden ELO for your normal games that helps match you with similarly skilled players, it is not shown publicly however, but there are websites to access it x]

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Dainjah
<Member>
Dainjah's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 11, 2011 12:47am | Report
Ah ok... Thank you
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide