Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Most Versatile Champion in the game?

Creator: CrazyMBP October 29, 2011 5:23am
Rawrables
<Member>
Rawrables's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 29, 2011 2:12pm | Report
@Lugignaf there is a reason AD champs are AD champs. THe majority of them have some buff to their AD skills. Ex. Attack speed buffs or auto attack buffs such as Tristana's passive and Q. Ashe's slow buffs her auto attacks.
If you were to play an AP carry as an AD carry that would ruin the entire idea. Your AP/tanks/support/other roles are meant to do the CCing for you. They are there to stun/slow/etc FOR you. an extra fear on an AD carry would sure help the AD carry escape, but most have other escape methods. EX. Ezreal blink, tristana jump, caitlyn net. Also if you were to build an AP carry AD, you would end up falling behind lategame. An example of this would be tristana having that extra long range and attack speed buff while you have nothing related. The only possible AP carry i would see being built AD as a troll and still having semi-success would be kennen due to his w passive which is around the same as Caitlyn's passive. The only reason i would build an AP carry AD is to troll

EDIT: and for kayle, what i meant by her being viable is that she can be put into any lane. Her R can work in a support, not a good one, but still works. She CAN work as a jungler, not a good one, but still WORKS. Tanks arent exactly required in all teams, also kayle has her ult.

Straight from dyrus: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NnXd2Eq-zI
i dont play kayle myself since i dont fit her playstyle but here you go
L1LShadow
<Member>
L1LShadow's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 29, 2011 9:43pm | Report
Master Yi - He can go Ap/Ad(hard carry)/Offtank(ad or ap)/Jungle/Viable All lanes.
Gragas - Offtank(ap and ad)/Ap/Jungle (if you're hardcore enough to)/Also viable all lanes.
GoliathGTX
<Member>
GoliathGTX's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2011 3:10am | Report
L1LShadow's sig reminds me that Skarner can be very versatile as well. Off-tank, AD, AP, hybrid and maybe some kind of slow-spam tank-support as well. Not sure about the viability though since I don't play him.
marisi
<Member>
marisi's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2011 2:36pm | Report
Gp can supp, ad carry, off-tank and solo top and jungle and mid
88zachary88
<Member>
88zachary88's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 13, 2012 8:53pm | Report
L1LShadow wrote:

Master Yi - He can go Ap/Ad(hard carry)/Offtank(ad or ap)/Jungle/Viable All lanes.
Gragas - Offtank(ap and ad)/Ap/Jungle (if you're hardcore enough to)/Also viable all lanes.

loged in just to +rep you, gragas is a boss and YI CAN DO ANYTHING!
exept support... but if you realy wanted to...
Zoki
<Member>
Zoki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 13, 2012 11:55pm | Report
Malphite is pretty sweet. He can solo top and counter AD Offtanks since his damage stacks with armor, he can jungle decently or he can be played mid as AP carry.

The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes.
Sigs made by: LaCorpse, jhoijhoi, Katoki, JEFFY40HANDS, The_Nameless_Bard and Sk1llbug
-||- Check out my Master Yi guide -||-
Klausenheim
<Member>
Klausenheim's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2012 5:43am | Report
Gotta back Lugi on the Treemaster Maokai. I've never seen a tree excel in so many different environments.

Gangplank is the obvious choice if you are looking for flexibility coupled with some global map control.

Cho'Gath is the obvious choice if you are looking for flexibility coupled with eating people.

But despite playing all three, and owning both Cho and Mao, I always end up coming back to the treemaster.
You can't peddle papooses with a dancing monkey.
tweeboy2
<Member>
tweeboy2's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2012 6:38am | Report
TF can go ap or ad, play solo top, mid, or support/carry bot.
GP can pretty much go in any lane.
I discovered Nidalee recently. She can support bot with her heal; she can also solo top or mid if necessary.

But really, any champion that can solo lane or has CC that can assist a bot lane for a kill is fairly versatile. A few that come in mind:
Singed - Can solo top or assist bot carry. Can even jungle
Malphite - I've seen him solo top, but more commonly jungle or support bot
Kennen - He can solo top or mid, and his stun is useful bot
Janna/Soraka - I've seen both of them play a mid lane. Especially soraka. Her E is strong, silences, and costs no mana.

There are so many more examples. Not many champions that come to my mind can play ALL roles (Well, besides AP carry I've seen a GP play solo top, mid, bot, support bot, and jungle). Any ones with good early CC can play multiple roles though (most of the time supporting bot).
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2012 6:42am | Report
Maokai
GP

Can be put anywhere and excel in those places
Papayalord
<Member>
Papayalord's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 28, 2012 4:05pm | Report
Problaly either TF or Shaco. TF can go all lanes, and can go both AD or AP, doing pretty well in both. Shaco is a great jungler, but he can also lane well, and he can go AP or AD.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide