Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Need Akali mentoring, as well as general...

Creator: Jozzlin March 2, 2012 9:53am
1 2
Rincrow
<Member>
Rincrow's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2012 5:36pm | Report
Oh yeah after reading this thread I finally convinced myself to get started on an Akali rune page. Then I remembered that Riot released hybrid runes not too long ago. I wonder if with the mastery changes I can make those runes work. Gah I want to experiment whit them but my stingy *** doesn't want to spend ip on runes that might prove to be subpar or useless.

**** me. I'm so indecisive when it comes to runes. Damn you akali, and our needs for a dedicated rune page.

As for summoners. As an energy based burst assassin its pretty obvious what spells suit Akali. Flash + ignite like everyone else said. Give you even more damage and an escape/chase mechanism.

Exhaust is more of a duelist summoner spell and if your worried your enemy might escape. Perfect for someone like Riven. Assassins shouldn't be dueling and you can stick to enemies easily with R. Even more so if you have Rylais.

You take teleport if your someone like Nasus, Morgana or Gangplank who have huge teamfight presence. But you don't. Your an assassin.

You could take teleport if you're worried you'd constantly get pushed out of lane and want to get back to laneing asap. But I would just ask my jungler for some help. Personal preference.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2012 6:05pm | Report
You can't use the hybrid runes because you need at least 7 AD runes.
Jozzlin
<Member>
Jozzlin's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 3, 2012 1:54am | Report
Some great advice here thank you all so much!
I am building up a rune page based on this.

Currently have: 2 quints of potency, 2 glyphs of potency, 7 marks of desolation and 1 seal of vitality. What should I go for next?
Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 3, 2012 2:04am | Report
Are those the only runes you have? If so, those aren't really gonna cut it. Regarding yellows, Seal of Vitality is good for HP/Level but flat Armor is perfectly fine and it's more commonly used if you were to play other top laners, junglers and ad/support bot. If you are really short on IP as you make yourself sound, just run Armor seals because they're universal and cost effective imo.

Since you're asking which runes to prioritize getting first with your limited steady income of IP, it depends on playstyle once again. If you are pretty passive early on and want the spell vamp, get the AD runes first so you can get the basic requirements for the strong spell vamp in lane. If you wanna go balls to the wall baylife style grab AP runes.

Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 3, 2012 7:55am | Report
He's level 26. But yes, I'd get armour in yellows. Armour is the best yellow rune in almost any champion role these days - top lane, jungle, AD and support all get a great deal out of armour yellows.
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 3, 2012 7:57am | Report
You mean armor seals? Yup, those are the best.

thank you jhoijhoi for the signature <3
Jozzlin
<Member>
Jozzlin's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 3, 2012 3:10pm | Report
Are flat runes better to get than level scale runes?
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 3, 2012 3:24pm | Report
Depends on the rune. Some types scale better than others.

You should read Searz' rune guide if you haven't already.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide