Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

New players never read guides or what?

Creator: Blian December 2, 2012 11:34pm
Blian
<Member>
Blian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 18, 2012 7:55am | Report
First of all, your english is fine :)

Secondly, so far I've been played only with Morgana and Mundo in PvP. The reason is very simple: you cannot die with 'em. Okay you can but its very difficult if you follow some easy rules and don't wanna suicide yourself. And against bots I've been practicing with Zilean and Malzahar for like a month and today I decided to jump in PvP with Malzahar. Well, right after the game I had to get a drink (now I'm drinking a G&T, cheers!).

I love Malzahar. Imho he is an awesome champ and at early-mid game you don't get many kills but farm more than enough! Eventually I was against Ahri at mid and I just destroyed her. Freaking good start with 3 kills so I was in 2 levels advance soon. I thought it would pay off in team fights. In team fights usually I focus on the tank because Malzahar can kill 'em easily. But it wasn't like how I imagined.. At mid game the scorebored looked like 15-31. Our Master Yi didn't have a kill and called everybody noob. So the same story. As Malzahar is very squishy and smart ppl focus on him in team fights of course I was the one who had the hardest time in team fights without any help cuz my teammates just didn't know what to do.. They were running up'n'down all around the map withoout any response the calls and pings.. I tried to surrender 6 times without any succes. Normally I don't do anything like this but after the 6th failed surrender I went AFK. I couldn't handle more those tards.

So, I don't know.. Maybe I will never use Zilean in PvP after all :D
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
The Overmyynd's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 18, 2012 11:03am | Report
Well, first you should NEVER EVER EVER focus the tank. you ALWAYS focus the ADC, APC, or whomever on their team is fed the most and is the most dangerous. Zilean is a fantastic champ, but he DOES require that your teammates know how to work with him, which tends to not happen till you advance a little in the game. Just find good people and play with them.
Hey, if you liked any advice i gave, be sure to +rep me! Oh, and check out my Shaco and Maokail lorecraft in my Blog! I'm a starving artist in need of attention, so please feel free to read, respond, and critique me! Please? Anybody that leaves a comment (good or bad) will receive a +rep!
Blian
<Member>
Blian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 18, 2012 12:10pm | Report
The reason why I focus on the tank cuz I think they are the most difficult to kill as they have that very big amount of hp and high armor/resist. So they can make a lot of trouble in team fights. Of course if there isn't any tank around I focus on the carry first.

Well, tonight I'm gonna give a shot to Zilean. We'll see :)
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 18, 2012 12:45pm | Report
Yes they are hard to kill but they aren't pumping out nearly as much damage as the carries, which is what is killing your team >.> Just trust me and focus the carries and leave the tanks alone until the end of the fight.
Hey, if you liked any advice i gave, be sure to +rep me! Oh, and check out my Shaco and Maokail lorecraft in my Blog! I'm a starving artist in need of attention, so please feel free to read, respond, and critique me! Please? Anybody that leaves a comment (good or bad) will receive a +rep!
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 18, 2012 12:53pm | Report
Think about this, Blian. What is the purpose of a tank? To get attacked and soak up the damage so that their damage dealers don't take that damage. So when you focus a tank, you are doing their job for them. Therefore, avoid focusing the tank if possible.

Strictly, it's more complicated than this, because LoL can't use a threat system like MMOs to make tanks work, but tanks and tanky champions still function properly for other reasons. But unless you've got a damn good reason to be putting all your damage into their tanks/tanky champions, focus the squishies who do more damage.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
Le Pro of d00m
<Member>
Le Pro of d00m's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 18, 2012 10:13pm | Report
Honestly, if your having trouble, just try new champs out and see if you like them. try to get some friends who can be online a lot, so that you can duo lane with them and carry your team, and also, always always ALWAYS focus the carrys, and also, if you start to get really pissed, just pick darius or yi and watch your team bow down to you as supreme lord of the dunk. hope this helps!
Rengar guide Here! New Irelia guide Here!

Blian
<Member>
Blian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 18, 2012 11:42pm | Report
Thanks! Well, just because everybody does suggest me to go with Yi I might give a try. He is freaking cheap so.. I think I'm gonna give a try today and hope the bests.

However just had a decent game with Zilean (finally!!). It was my second PvP with him cuz the first time wasn't that good (we won but I didn't do well) so I decided to all of my masteries points in Support. Actually it is a bit difficult as I'm only at lvl17 so not that easy to figure out what works the best. But as I mentioned the second time was fun without any death and I could save my teammates many times and even the enemies honored me.

Now I'm off to buy Yi and kick their ***! :)
Sanara
<Member>
Sanara's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 20, 2012 7:50am | Report
my suggestion.
dont play vs bots!

its nice to test a new jungle routs or a build,but thats it.
you will have a hard time playing normal games on lvl 30 with most of your games played against bots
Blian
<Member>
Blian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 20, 2012 9:00am | Report
As per you Sanara Im in a big trouble now as I've played like 80-100 games against bots and only like 30 PvP games..

And the reason is simple as hell: I did not want to jump in PvP without enough knowledge and I didn't mean the basics (that you can read in the FAQ section) but the essentials(!!).
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 20, 2012 9:34am | Report
Sub-30 is how you learn essentials. There will often be people who already have a 30 account smurfing a different account and can tell you what is and is not OK to do during games. Don't be afraid to play PVP! Most of the rest of the players are in the same boat as you. As long as you do research and keep up on current changes you will still come out ahead. Make sure you don't buy runes till you are lvl 20 (and I suggest having about 15000 IP saved up so you can get at least a couple of runepages started) and continue to use this forum!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide