Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Ninja Tabi with Thornmail?

Creator: Mowen November 21, 2010 11:34am
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 21, 2010 3:45pm | Report
Erm.. Corki has a stun? Lmfao this game is weird. EZ, too? Haha, this game is confusing. Just pokin' fun at you ;)

Adonikam
<Veteran>
Adonikam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 21, 2010 4:43pm | Report
=( Alright well I retract my previous comment and change it to thus;

Every (smart) team will have at least 3-4 heavy CC champions.

Why does it say that Corki has a pet and stun and that Ez has a stun?!
Australians, the best gamers in the world combined with the worst ping.
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 21, 2010 5:25pm | Report
Haha, the database makes me laugh...

Anyways, I was thinking that when I first asked. "Maybe I shouldn't even worry about teams that don't have CC, because my team should win either way." However, I usually play solo ranked queue so the teams (both mine and opposing) vary a lot, and I want to do my best to ensure a victory.

When I'm looking at CC, I also look at whether it is a stun or a slow. Stun will mess me up a lot because I can't shield myself, but slows typically bother me less, and a lot of heroes 1 CC is a slow.

What I have gathered from this though, is that I will get Merc Treads if the team has a lot of cc, or heavy casters. Otherwise, I will get Boots of Swiftness, and that Ninja Tabi don't have a lot of use for Shen. (Curse you recommended items, I wish I could edit you!)

Thank you for the responses, I think they helped! :)
Thanks to Minho for my sig!
Brentaxe
<Member>
Brentaxe's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 21, 2010 7:12pm | Report
Mowen wrote:

(Curse you recommended items, I wish I could edit you!)

You actually can, there's a little program which you can edit the recommended items, although you have to set them to default when patching.
this place is a dump
Adonikam
<Veteran>
Adonikam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 21, 2010 7:27pm | Report
^ That was me except my brother had logged me out -.-
Australians, the best gamers in the world combined with the worst ping.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 21, 2010 9:03pm | Report
haha nice. so your brothers acc has 5 posts now.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 21, 2010 9:05pm | Report
Yeah, on the basic idea. Ninja Tabi with Thornmail is a good idea unless (as already sad) the other team has CC. That way they hit you less, and the the times they do, they are still getting hurt. I rarely ever get Ninja Tabi though. I don't even have to target champs like Yi, Ashe, Teemo, etc. and they still die.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 22, 2010 3:23am | Report
Well still even if you go for thornmail tabi are a good idea. Each attack dodged = more damage from your attacks. you move faster coz of numbness mastery (if you got it, but as a tank you should) So they hit and you dodge = 1 free melee swing from you. Also They give Armor, and that lowers the damage you get, but does not affect the damage from thornmail since it deals damage according to the unmitigated damage.
Did i help you? Click that +Rep

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sig!
JACN
<Member>
JACN's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 22, 2010 9:20am | Report
caucheka wrote:

another thing too, with shen, is that your passive activates every 8 seconds, and getting hit by an enemy champion reduces that by 2 seconds.

i think i used to get dodge on amumu, but then stopped because every time i was hit it reduced cd on tantrum.

as for other choices i'd probably go with swiftness, but thats just me.

A lot of people hate getting high dodge on Shen because of his passive, problem with that is he's a tank, damage is his very last priority. Let Shen do his tanking, while his team mops up. If they are AD: Tabi if they are CC: Mercs, this really shouldn't ever be debated tbh.

animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 22, 2010 11:32am | Report
JACN wrote:

If they are AD: Tabi if they are CC: Mercs, this really shouldn't ever be debated tbh.

This shouldn't ever really be debated, as just said. It's simple.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide