Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Ninja Tabi with Thornmail?

Creator: Mowen November 21, 2010 11:34am
1 2 3
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 22, 2010 4:52pm | Report
I find it amusing that you say this shouldn't ever really be a debate, when I see multiple people whose opinions I value saying opposite things. As far as I see, it comes down to preference, or what you feel like you need to do for the specific game.

Getting Merc Treads on a team with high CC was never really a question, just the Ninja Tabi on a team with high AD and low CC. (Just to clarify what I was talking about)
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
JACN
<Member>
JACN's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 23, 2010 5:34am | Report
Mowen wrote:

I find it amusing that you say this shouldn't ever really be a debate, when I see multiple people whose opinions I value saying opposite things. As far as I see, it comes down to preference, or what you feel like you need to do for the specific game.

Getting Merc Treads on a team with high CC was never really a question, just the Ninja Tabi on a team with high AD and low CC. (Just to clarify what I was talking about)

I was referring to the debate that Ninja Tabi should not be used on Shen because of his passive. He's a tank, damage should be a very last priority with him.

Hell_Pet
<Member>
Hell_Pet's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2010 11:36pm | Report
B-Wong wrote:

I wouldn't go Greaves if you don't see a point for treads or tabi, just get swiftness :D

I agree with this.
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2010 5:43am | Report
Mowen wrote:

I don't think it should be much of a debate, because as you already said, it depends on your own personal preference. I'm not a fan of Ninja Tabi either way, but then again I don't really play tanks much these days.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
JACN
<Member>
JACN's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 29, 2010 4:08pm | Report
B-Wong wrote:

I don't think that's too great of an idea. Even if they're AD you have to consider if they have CC or not, if they do then get Merc Treads. Also, the Thornmail would be the only way you can damage them so dodging any attacks while you force them to hit you can result in the carry getting away with sneaky **** that they do.

Yi for example, low HP, high DPS. If you can survive a few auto attacks from him with a Thornmail on then you just killed a carry.

Still have to remember Shen's true role is not to do damage but to take it, and a lot of it. I agree with everything you said, but not taking Tabi against a Phys team just because you want Thornmail to procc more is a waste honestly. Let your team(If they are any good) do the killing.

Grabbing Thornmail and Ninja Tabi against a Physical Dominant enemy team is perfectly fine in my book. It will let you soak more damage by dodging, and when they do make contact you can make them pay for it.

By all means if they do have more CC than they do Slash n' Smash, grab those Treads, god knows they can become way more important. Having your tank blow up within the first 5 seconds of a fight is a big no-no.

1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide