Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Ok... Vlad? How do you stop this guy!?

Creator: Taffy March 30, 2012 2:39pm
Taffy
<Member>
Taffy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 30, 2012 8:20pm | Report
I've started using ignite now, man i keep forgetting to use it, not used to having it available. I now take Ignite and Clarity as Lux so i can maintain a high amount of mana without having to go back to base.

Oh yes, I forgot Vlad doesn't even need mana? How is that fair? A mage that doesn't need mana!? :( I swear some characters are there to totally troll us poor people who choose the weaker champions :P lol

Trying to Become a Hero | Tifa Lockhart > Lara Croft | I <3 Ashe | Uh oh! Luther's being smooth, brb | Hold my beer | MissMaw is a Melon
Banner compliments of MissMaw the Taffy-proclaimed Pro!
Fox Rage
<Member>
Fox Rage's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 30, 2012 8:26pm | Report
He has fairly long CD (early on) to compensate his lack of mana. There are a few other champion like him, who don't have mana. Like Garen, Katarina, Riven and for some reason, I can't think of more of them, even trought I know i'm forgetting one.

Quoted:
I swear some characters are there to totally troll us poor people who choose the weaker champions

AKA Teemo lol. ******** Teemo.

And don't worry about forgeting to use ignite, you'll get used to it.

Just wondering, what level are you?

+rep me and you'll get good karma, wich means you won't be reincarnated into a rock! Isn't that awesome?

But yes this idea has been discussed more than Pam Anderson's tits in a plastic surgeons office.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 30, 2012 8:30pm | Report
You really should just learn to manage your mana better and take Flash instead of Clarity. Clarity is kind of a noob trap spell. :P
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
The Overmyynd's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 31, 2012 9:29am | Report
Lawl yeah other characters that dont use mana are Mundo and Mordekaiser. Can't wait till u come across a beasty mord. What vlad DOES use is his own health pool. Thats why u see them with Ryalis and Warmogs, generally vlads have HUGE amounts of health and some serious spellvamp. Everything they do pretty much drains health from you and gives it to them. Early on the drain on their health does more damage to them than the life they pick up from their targets, so pre-6 or so you just have to beat the ever loving **** out of them and NEVER leave them alone so they cant farm and become Alucard and rape your entire team. So, the old cliche "best defense is a good offense" really sticks here. U might want to pick up something wiht some damaging range attacks, like Xerath or someone, who is great at poking and harassing.
Hey, if you liked any advice i gave, be sure to +rep me! Oh, and check out my Shaco and Maokail lorecraft in my Blog! I'm a starving artist in need of attention, so please feel free to read, respond, and critique me! Please? Anybody that leaves a comment (good or bad) will receive a +rep!
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 31, 2012 9:33am | Report
Actually his Q (the one that drains health) is free to cast. And Warmogs is only generally built by really bad Vlads. :P

Your advice is still good though, his Q has a long cooldown and doesn't heal for very much at lower levels.
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 31, 2012 9:53am | Report
I think early constant harassment beats Vladimir too :p
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
Taffy
<Member>
Taffy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 31, 2012 3:50pm | Report
I'm level 22 :) Not sure if that's classed as high or not, lol.

A beastly Morde sounds scary... do I dare ask for a pre-warning on what that entails? :(

Ahhh man, Clarity is noobish? :P I really like! It's like having a powerful mana potion for free! it's saved me countless times and makes it so I can lane for longer... you suggest Flash instead? I can see why, if Lux misses with her Q or her E doesn't slow them enough it's bad times for her!

So I've got to really push Vlad early game and try to keep him on lower level/cs kills than me? man what an effort, lol. I'll see how it goes!

Random comment, but I played a really weird game the other day (managed to kill Dr Mundo as Lux for first blood! lol!) anyway, would you guys recommend EVERY TIME I empower an enemy with Lux's passive (That thing when they glow) I run in an attack them? Some people seem to cane me up when I do it :S

Trying to Become a Hero | Tifa Lockhart > Lara Croft | I <3 Ashe | Uh oh! Luther's being smooth, brb | Hold my beer | MissMaw is a Melon
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 31, 2012 3:54pm | Report
^ As long as it's safe to do so.
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
The Overmyynd's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 31, 2012 6:59pm | Report
Lawl Mord is my second main. Sure, i would be happy to let you know about that. The most important skill of Mord is actually his passive. Basically, whenever he uses a skill to deal magic damage, the damage is converted to a shield. The shield has a cap based on his level. At 18 the shield caps at 630, which means that he can take 630 damage before his health bar gets hit. This shield drains 18% per second. So usually mordekaisers go one of two ways. Either they go with survivable AP short range caster, or AP tank. Really honestly the difference between the two is only 2 items, maybe 3, but either way its scary. I usually do tank mordekaiser, by maxing out his CD with Boots of Lucidity and Frozen Heart, and getting good spellvamp. Yes, before you ask, Frpzen Heart DOES have mana and as i said before mord does NOT. But Frozen Heart gives 20% CDR and 99 armor AND slows attack speed of enemies by 20%. the 400 gold extra for the blue crystal you dont need is worth it. Anyway, if Mord is spamming his spells every second and a half, (which he does) his shield never goes away, which means he can 1v1 absolutely ANYONE and 1v2 alot of the time too. What makes him so irritating and such a solo lane master is the fact that he is nearly un-pokable, and hard to harass, because all he has to do is cast a spell and hit some creeps and he gets a shield that absorbs 100% of the harassment spells of most characters early game. This is especially effective of a strategy against a melee character who has to be in the creep wave to feed. And his spells HURT. Altho thankfully for everyone that plays against him, he has no CC. At all. He has an On-hit splash spell, a cone damage spell, and a shield he can put around himself or a friendly champ that deals damage and increases armor and magic resistance. His ult casts a curse on an opponent that persists for quite some time, dealing damage over time and healing Mordekaiser based on % of health of the target. So he is really good at combating other tanks. Not to mention if he has some spellvamp, then he gets healed even more on the DOT. So, thats generally what u need to know about fighting mord XD
Hey, if you liked any advice i gave, be sure to +rep me! Oh, and check out my Shaco and Maokail lorecraft in my Blog! I'm a starving artist in need of attention, so please feel free to read, respond, and critique me! Please? Anybody that leaves a comment (good or bad) will receive a +rep!
Taffy
<Member>
Taffy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 1, 2012 3:43pm | Report
Holy... ****.... I hope I NEVER meet a Morde! :( Sounds incredibly difficult to handle late game!

I can see why you go lot's of CDR if you get a free shield every spell (Even if the frozen heart gives a mana bonus, it seems a brilliant item for him still!) I remember reading about his ultimate, the character cursed comes back to life to fight for Morde don't they?

Any advice on how to kill him? As Ashe or Lux? :P Lux doesn't stun with her Q she only Hex's so that's out of the question I guess. I'm guessing it's a matter of teaming up against him and taking him down together. Is it safe to ignore him during team fights to kill off the squishies?

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide