Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

"Noob" help - How to deal with noob...

Creator: zlet0 October 4, 2012 3:27am
1 2
zlet0
<Member>
zlet0's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 4, 2012 3:27am | Report
Hey all !!

I'm starting to play this game (currently level 6, almost absolute noob).
Quickly I read a few Guides, and now, I feel a bit better IG.

BUT, I need help now.

Yeasterday I got (almost) insulted to be a nood, feeder etc. Yup, I died like 6 times IG, so you would say that it's true ^^ Shame on me.

I tired to play Irelia (which I like a lot) in Top Lane. Read all guides (took me a whole day) and tried to put in place this IG.

BUT, what happened is :
1. 2 players of our team did not move from start to end. So we faced 3 Vs 5 :(
2. I found myself top lane, early game, Irelia Vs 3 champs @_@

So yeah, I tried to put some harasss, 1 VS 2 would have been hard, but 1 Vs 3 was almost impossible. (or seemed like). facing (also) beginning players, I got some kills, made some harass, but still, 3 Vs 1 ... got my *** kicked.

Finally, I defended like hell the base, running to the towers and refilling health. Shooting R from distance to refill HP and harass a little bit and finally, thanks to the guy that insulted me all way through, we won ^^ (He actually crushed all bot towers alone and finished the nexus alone.)

Our opponents were beginners and fighted the two of us 5 Vs 2 in our base, meanwhile, the 3rd dude made his day.

So here is the question, what should I do?
Strategies and item list of the guides were dictated in Ć  "normal" game. Meaning that I would face 80% of time 1 champ and sometimes, the jungler.

What should I've been doing?
- Flee? ==> Get no Creeps, leave the 3 champs advance "freely" ? (Iralia has no distance ability (beside R at level 6) and as a n00b, I dont have flash yet.) Hoping that the "other champs" get creeps, gold and finish late game.
- Change lane? Go mid / bot. ==> Still leave top lane without any defense. Taking the creeps of my other team mates.
- Go jungling? (Did not really understood jungle basics yet so I didn't tried)
- Find a way to fight 1 Vs 3?? I was a l00se5 and should have sustained 3 champs top lane.

Thanks for your support ;)

(Note: Health potions are used automatically or you have to "click" them for use? ==> Ie can you die with potioons left in inventory?)
Jpikachu1999
<Member>
Jpikachu1999's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 4, 2012 8:30am | Report
The situation you are describing is quite abnormal, and you generally won't face it in 99% of your games.

Since you are such a low level, expect to have to go 2 person top lane, or if your team decides to jungle, 1v2. Many low level games don't have a jungler, as it usually takes runes and masteries (which you don't have obviously).

1v3 is rough, so if you can give me an idea of who your opponents were I'd be able to give better ideas. If you are going against such a severe lane, try to just sit back and farm minions; picking up Gp10 items helps as well ( Philosopher's Stone, Heart of Gold).

If you were Irelia going against a top lane like that, here would be my recommended build:

Mercury's Treads
Wriggle's Lantern
Philosopher's Stone
Heart of Gold
Wit's End

Assuming you get the 2 Gp10 early on and a Vampiric Scepter, you should be able to sustain yourself really well and still generate enough gold to snowball into late game.

Health Potions are not used automatically, you have to activate them. Your item slots (you know, where your items go) default to the "1", "2", "3", "4", "5", and "6" keys. If you click an item and drag it to a different slot, you can put it in a different slot. You will see many players doing that, just so they can easily reach potions and wards.

P.S.

Going 1v3 top lane and only dying 6 times is good. You shouldn't be too hard on yourself.

If I helped you, click that +rep!
zlet0
<Member>
zlet0's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 4, 2012 10:51am | Report
Oh yeah great !!

Many thanks. Didn't thought about GP10 items. This way, I can still gain GP and try to catch up if I can't stand the fight. (3 champ on one lane, they share the kills, so they don't snowball as they should.)

Opponents were not extremely hard to escape but (after reading some more guides) I understood that I pushed the lane too far, not warding, helped them to get easy kills on me sneaking in the grass. (river)

Champions were Karthus (seemed easy kill for Irelia. W > Q > auto, when fleeing E > auto and finish with W. Close gap is excellent)

Xin Zhao ... did not do well againt him. Seemed like a dangerous opponent.

And the dude that turns with blades as a tornado, Garen (already read he's a dangerous dude). I never tried to kill him (seemed too dangerous) and just tried to harass him. Q > auto > E and flee back.

Well, I know I could do better. I'm noob, but they were also quite easy to predict. This is why I'm expecting to win or find a way to snowball them late game.

My items were boots in first place. Then went for Phage. (seemed good VS champs due to CC to help me flee) Then I lacked HP / def / speed and went for Mercury treads. Then, i completely losts track and took (almost) random items. Zeal for attack speed (and allow to build trinity with phage), got trinity in the late game. Got a chain vest transformed into guardian angel (saved my butt big time).

Now that I read you, I suppose that I should went for Philosopher stone and HoG. Because HoG can turn into randuin's Omen that seems to be a crazy defensive item. Also, Philopher stone repays itself within 6 minutes. As I had a real hard time gettin' creeps, that would really help.

Also, you advise Wriggle lantern ... Man if I knew ... that would have helped me with the warding to avoid easy kills.

I'll try this "safe" setup for next game ;)
Many thanks.

Vampiric scepter? Irelia needs it on top of her passive that already gives life steal? (refill faster VS too much harass?)
DRAGONLOL11
<Member>
DRAGONLOL11's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 4, 2012 11:23am | Report
Just wanted to tell you that if u play EU west u can add me and spectate and we can talk on skype in meantime :)

You would prolly learn a lot from 1.9k-2k elo Irelia play, since i play her a lot recently and I wouldn't be alone in solo queue, atleast less boring :P
Playing on EU-west, currently 2000~ ELO.
zlet0
<Member>
zlet0's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 5, 2012 2:27am | Report
Oh yeah that's ll be nice. Addin' you tonight :D

We'll see if we can catch each other live in same time ;) (Workin' extra late)
Jpikachu1999
<Member>
Jpikachu1999's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 5, 2012 9:32am | Report
Xin Zhao and Garen are strongest early game, so it's understandable why you had trouble. Against that combination I would have gone:

Mercury's Treads
Philosopher's stone
Heart of Gold
Wriggle's Lantern
Warden's Mail

Philosopher's stone actually repays itself in like 20~ minutes, but you can sit on it for most of the game anyways. Items

The reason I suggested Vampiric Scepter was 1) It builds into Wriggle's Lantern
(which you only really need if you are behind), 2) In a 1v3 you need pretty much all the sustain you can get.

Just to give you an idea of what I think a full Irelia build should look like (other's builds might look different):

Mercury's Treads
Wit's End
Trinity Force
Guardian Angel
Bloodthirster
Randuin's Omen

Hope that helped a bit, and have fun playing Irelia :3

If I helped you, click that +rep!
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 5, 2012 2:18pm | Report
6 deathss isnt too bad for a low level game so if people call you a feeder for that then just ignore them, specially in a 3v1 lane
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
DRAGONLOL11
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2012 12:41am | Report
Imo 1vs3 is winnable, because you can just get experience without creeps, and they stand no chance because you will scale a lot better (they get 30% experience~ because they share the lane, and you get 100%.)

Also they should push a lot.
So what happens? You get free farm under turret and they cannot dive irelia, and after 6 you can actually start harassing or oneshoting some lvl 3 squishies.
My build on lane like this would be like:

Boots
Heart of Gold
philosopher stone
Trinity Force
Guardian Angel
i would upgrade boots of speed to mercury or ninja tabi or mobility boots. When mobi boots? When u can just push ur lane and go roam. Mercury if theyre mostly AP with a lot of cc, ninja tabi if u were vs strong AD's on the lane.

Regards,
Instalock Lulu ^^
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2012 8:37pm | Report
i dunno ive been dived 1v3 and died and all three lived
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
DRAGONLOL11
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 7, 2012 1:43am | Report
then u prolly did smth wrong or they were just better
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide