Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Seriously, how to deal with the community.

Creator: grrg June 5, 2013 6:38pm
1 2
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 6, 2013 5:32am | Report
Kinen wrote:

Unfortunately for me it's usually too late, the damage is already done :/ Heck, even positive comments sometimes undermine my confidence. Then again, sometimes flaming just makes me play better. Huh.

Grow a thicker skin. I can't really give you any more advice other than to play better so people are unjustified in flaming.

Learn to deal with it either way.
grrg
<Member>
grrg's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 6, 2013 5:31pm | Report
I really appreciate all the comments. I think one of the biggest things that happens with me is that I am automatically down on myself after my huge mistake. Immediately following that mistake getting called noob, feeder, and other things just throw me off. Now, I really do get that being able to shuck those comments off and fix it is what I need to do.

But why do people do this?

Do they expect to win the game after calling a player that just made a mistake a noob?
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 6, 2013 5:36pm | Report
Worry less about other people and more about yourself. If you're getting hurt playing this game, then stop.

If you can continue playing without getting hurt over what others are saying, feel free to do so.
grrg
<Member>
grrg's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 6, 2013 5:40pm | Report
Well, considering it is a game that I play for fun, I do have fun playing it.

I really wouldn't be spending time playing a game i wasn't enjoying the time i spent playing it.
Lovelosshero
<Member>
Lovelosshero's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 14, 2013 8:26pm | Report
There's a lot of flamers out there and sadly that's all they do is whine and blame. Only advice I can give is just ignore them or try keeping the positivity in the game. Almost every game can turn around, I've seen it happen from both sides. Just remember to have fun regardless of what other players say. Hope this helps a bit, the community can be brutal in this game sometimes.
n3ac3y
<Member>
n3ac3y's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 14, 2013 9:47pm | Report
You have to exercise patience, mute all negative people, focus on what you can control. Profit/Raise Elo!
MyRepublic
<Member>
MyRepublic's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 14, 2013 10:08pm | Report
Have you tried the technique of "Stop feeding noob"? It's great. You stop feeding. Instantly you have a valid rebuttal to their flaming. (I'm joking).

Sirell is spot on here.

Thank you Miss Maw, CasterMaster and Arcana3 for the sweet sigs. I'd definitely recommend you to anyone looking for a nice sig.

"But we are stronger creatures than babies, why cant we hunt them?"- Meiyjhe
Zouchouten
<Member>
Zouchouten's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2013 12:39pm | Report
Toughen up, or just mute it. Focusing on criticism screws up your game.
So many games have been lost because people feel its a good idea to stretch their e-***** and argue instead of, oh I don't know, push lanes, defend turrets, or not die.

So far, I'm competent with: Riven, Sona, Ahri

I'm still learning: Akali, Katarina, Irelia, Sejuani, Vi, Ashe, and Vayne

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 19, 2013 5:53am | Report
put them in ignore and report them at the end.
DO NOT ARGUE BACK
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide