Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Skarner

Creator: Buranri September 11, 2012 5:58pm
5 posts - page 1 of 1
Buranri
<Member>
Buranri's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 11, 2012 5:58pm | Report
How do you achieve the "god level ganks" he is capable of? I bought him on sale last night. He has crazy clearing ability, and while his ult is really powerful, I don't think I'm using it to it's potential. Do you just have to rely on flash-ult to get anywhere near your target?
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 11, 2012 6:11pm | Report
I used to suck with skarner for a long time until I bought him and forced myself to learn how he works. I think the trick I learned is that he's an incredible duelist, capable of outright 1v1ing a lot of champions, even laners with more XP and gold than him.

W gives you a significant speed boost to help you close the gap. Ganking a lane that has some extra CC is always nice, since you can use that time to get in range to start slowing with Q and red buff procs. Skarner is mobile and does an enormous amount of damage. You don't need to wait until 6 to gank, though his ganks become a lot more potent at 6 for sure.

Don't get any points in E until lvl 13.

Other than that, I'd say watch some pro streams and look for skarner. I've seen theoddone play him several times and it was quite enlightening. You can look up his skarner guide on solomid if you want, I believe he has a couple videos showing some gameplay. Great build too.

EDIT: Also get used to ulting a target, pulling him away from his escape route, then turning around just before the suppression ends. This will put him in front of you, placing you between him and his escape route and getting a little extra distance. It's more effective than simply dragging him until the suppression ends.
Thanks to Hoppermh for the sig!
Buranri
<Member>
Buranri's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 11, 2012 8:23pm | Report
Yeah I've been using the solomid build. I just don't do any damage... I have absolutely zero effect in fights because the only thing I find myself being able to do is try and pull a champ.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 11, 2012 8:43pm | Report
Your ineffectiveness in late game fights is probably due to a poor early game, though keep in mind that your damage is going to give way to utility late game. If you can get a good pull, that's all your team should really need.

Skarner does a lot of damage, especially early and early-mid game, if you're using the right setup. If you're using the runes and masteries in theoddone's guide, you should be able to duel most champions with your Q and W spam (autoattack as well to lower cooldowns). Ganking at the right time (when the enemy champion is pushed and vulnerable) will let you get more Qs off and slow/damage them to death.

If you want more detailed advice, you might have to post a replay or something. All that I can really say is Skarner DOES do a lot of damage early and early-mid game, so if you're feeling really weak in terms of DPS, you're probably doing something wrong.
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
Mikuroo
<Member>
Mikuroo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 11, 2012 9:35pm | Report
I play skarner and build him almost exactly like oddone except I buy fon in solo q cuz its better then aegis when it comes to carrying.

Skarner does a ****load of damage early game and is mostly used for initiation and peeling late game , so he needs to be built almost full tank , except for trinity force as a last item cuz u can abuse its proc.

These are some of the little things , and I don't rlly wanna advertise but there's only so much I can explain in a post so u can go check out my skarner guide if u wanna , it goes into more depth then solomid because its designated at beginners , u don't need to vote on it .
yolo, teemo to strong in low elo

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide