Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Spicing things up

Creator: TheFing April 30, 2012 7:07pm
30 posts - page 3 of 3
1 2 3
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
The Overmyynd's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 1, 2012 6:33pm | Report
And yeah, Udyr top is crazy hard to beat. The only person i own that can out lane him is Mordekaiser :(
Hey, if you liked any advice i gave, be sure to +rep me! Oh, and check out my Shaco and Maokail lorecraft in my Blog! I'm a starving artist in need of attention, so please feel free to read, respond, and critique me! Please? Anybody that leaves a comment (good or bad) will receive a +rep!
Nalestom
<Member>
Nalestom's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 1, 2012 9:33pm | Report
Caitlyn essentially taught me how to play the more advanced concepts of League of Legends. She has a very strong lane presence and, provided you lane with somebody who knows what they're doing, you'll be able to effectively deny both enemy champions in your lane of their farm. Piltover Peacemaker has an incredible range and can change who has control of the lane with a single cast.

Her Yordle Snap Trap can not only be used during lane to restrict your enemy's movement (preventing them from running into the bush, preventing a jungler from ganking, etc.) but can also be effectively used in teamfights - just place it in the middle of the lane where the enemy team is likely to gather, and you'll completely stun an enemy champion for 1.5 seconds.

90 Caliber Net is a great tool to peel bruisers and offtanks off of you, and can also stop an enemy jungler from ganking you if you happen to overextend - just combine the net with a quick placement of your trap, and you'll ruin the enemy jungler's day.

Ace in the Hole spells out certain doom for any enemy champion who is within range, has low health, and doesn't have any friends nearby. Keep in mind that there are certain champions who can nullify that damage with their abilities (for example, Vladimir with his Sanguine Pool and Fizz with his Playful / Trickster)

She might not be the best AD carry in the game, but there are most definitely worst choices you could make. She's a good champion to try out, albeit a tad expensive (I'm fairly sure she costs 6300 IP)
Acid Reigns
<Member>
Acid Reigns's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 1, 2012 9:47pm | Report
@Luther, not really, I've never really seen a period in this game where cait was crazy popular, and I literally don't think I've ever seen her in high level play...

'She may not be the best carry, but she's certainly not the worst'
I agree that she isn't an aweful champ, who's useless, but honestly, name a carry who is worse than her. The only one she can even compare with is Ezreal, and even then I'd say he's a better champ.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 1, 2012 9:57pm | Report

@Luther, not really, I've never really seen a period in this game where cait was crazy popular, and I literally don't think I've ever seen her in high level play...

I guess you weren't paying much attention around late Summer/Autumn then, when she and Kog'Maw were the top two picks for some time.

AD is a pretty balanced role and it's really hard to pick out any champions that are noticeably worse than the others. Pretty much any AD can work well in LoL at the moment if you know how to use them.
Acid Reigns
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2012 8:59pm | Report
Was that not when Ashe/Corki were the strongest? Or was that earlier? :o

Kog has always been a strong pick, but I honestly cannot remember a time where Cait was top tier. :/

Imo, if you want a lane stomp, just pick urgot, he's better in lane, and better endgame. Then again he's better mid anyway :o
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2012 9:07pm | Report

Was that not when Ashe/Corki were the strongest? Or was that earlier? :o

Shortly after that. Trust me, I was there and I laughed at everyone who was just realizing she was strong.

Then they released Graves and nerfed her and I wasn't laughing so much anymore.
Acid Reigns
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2012 9:18pm | Report
Well I've never considered her strong at all, even before this nerf you speak of :3

Graves is ridiculous, I hate him so much >.<
He's all like 'noooo don't hit my Alistar, hit me I'm tankier D:'
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2012 9:23pm | Report
Release Graves was lame as ****.
CasterMaster
<Veteran>
CasterMaster's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2012 9:25pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

Release Graves was lame as ****.

When you could farm minions with Collateral Damage because that's what Miss Fortune would do? Good harassment tool? I'd say he's still super strong, not really OP that much though. I love building Maw of Malmortius on him, it's so sweet and sick.

My Elise Guide | My Kassadin Guide
Thanks to jhoijhoi, albableat, Arcana3, GMD and I for the awesome sigs! im a zombie
Acid Reigns
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 3, 2012 1:30am | Report
I use Feast for harassment :3
Though I guess that isn't exactly the same :/

-cries on shoulder- :'C
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide