Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Super new to League..could use some advice

Creator: draastik August 20, 2014 10:42am
mastrer1000
<Editor>
mastrer1000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2014 8:48am | Report
draastik wrote:
Few more questions for you guys.

1. Are top-lane champs supposed to be "AD only", or are there some tanky AP champions? Not worried about skill level at the moment.

2. Where should I be walking? Sounds like a stupid question but I feel like I'm too exposed in my lane. I'm talking about when the game first starts, before minions spawn.

3. When should I stop buying health potions? I assume they become useless after a certain level or amount of HP?

I'm level 9 now. I've learned little things like what items work for certain champions. I've really grown to love Darius so far.

1. There are some ap tops as well, for example Ryze(even though he isn't really ap as he builds mana) and Rumble.

2. Cover the buff at your lane(or help invading).Not completly sure about this one, but since you are level 9, I assume that there is not always a jungler. In that case, stay at your tower(if your lvl1 is weaker than the enemy's) or hide in a bush(if your lvl 1 is stronger). If you are unsure, just stay at your tower until the minions arrive.

3.Depends on the champion(How tanky are you? How much sustain do you have?). Generally speaking, it is always a good idea to have a potion or two if you don't need the slots for something more important.
Thanks to IPodPulse for this <3^
Vorcia
<Member>
Vorcia's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2014 9:56am | Report
draastik wrote:

1. No, in fact most of the top laners being played right now are AP ones like Maokai and Lulu. A lot of the AP top laners tend to require tankiness and CC from other lanes though, and they have to worry about positioning a lot.

2. To help your jungler or to a jungle entrance on your half of the map if the jungler is on the other half to check for invades.

3. Hard to say. Eventually, you won't be fighting as much or you'll always win or always lose regardless so stop buying health potions then.
KatariFIRE
<Member>
KatariFIRE's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 8, 2014 5:48am | Report
draastik wrote:

1. Are top-lane champs supposed to be "AD only", or are there some tanky AP champions? Not worried about skill level at the moment.

2. Where should I be walking? Sounds like a stupid question but I feel like I'm too exposed in my lane. I'm talking about when the game first starts, before minions spawn.

3. When should I stop buying health potions? I assume they become useless after a certain level or amount of HP?

I'm level 9 now. I've learned little things like what items work for certain champions. I've really grown to love Darius so far.

1. Although he is not tanky at all Teemo is viable option too, build him AP.

2. You should go to your turret as soon as you finish your start items so if your jungler call for help you will be ready.

In lane position is important, try not to go too far from your turret when laning, only attack minions when thier hp is really low will not push you to enemy zone much.

If you play aggressive top laner like Darius or Renekton assume that it is 1 on 1 or 2 on 2 top lane, go to the third or second brush and wait for your enemy to come then ambush them from behind, if you and your mate can land some good damage they will have a harder time playing with you or if you have Ignite and you're lucky it can be a first blood too.

3. Potion is best only when it's an early game stage, I can't told you when you should completely not buy it because it will sometime save your *** in a near death situation and using it before teamfight will increase your durability too.

Just manage your money well, get your core item and wards first.
"There is the Hunter and the Hunted"
cocfight
<Member>
cocfight's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 8, 2014 10:06am | Report
My advice is to not start playing the ADC or "Marksman" role. As someone who has played it for many years I can tell you that it is not worth investing the time into learning. If you really want to carry games you will have a much better chance as a mid laner or a jungler. As an ADC in the current meta you can look forward to getting one shot by the mid laner, jungler, carry top laners, and sometimes even the support.
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 8, 2014 10:28am | Report
^ You must have really horrible positioning then. Positioning is one of the deciding
factors for ADC. You can get 1 bursted in any role if you don't play properly or
you just simply get outplayed.

ADC is as good starting role as any other.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
cocfight
<Member>
cocfight's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 8, 2014 11:59am | Report
Joxuu wrote:
^ You must have really horrible positioning then. Positioning is one of the deciding
factors for ADC. You can get 1 bursted in any role if you don't play properly or
you just simply get outplayed.

ADC is as good starting role as any other.

Excuse me who are you? Are you the op? Have I ever played with you before? No?,

Go back to your bridge troll
TheKut
<Member>
TheKut's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 8, 2014 12:31pm | Report
cocfight wrote:

Excuse me who are you? Are you the op? Have I ever played with you before? No?,

Go back to your bridge troll

I don't know who this person is but I think (s)he will bring a lot of joy to the MOBAfire community.
cocfight
<Member>
cocfight's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 8, 2014 12:36pm | Report
TheKut wrote:

I don't know who this person is but I think (s)he will bring a lot of joy to the MOBAfire community.

If telling me I am bad at LoL with no knowledge of how I play is "bringing joy to the community" then I will do my best.
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 8, 2014 2:04pm | Report
cocfight wrote:

If telling me I am bad at LoL with no knowledge of how I play is "bringing joy to the community" then I will do my best.

My apologies if you took it that way. My purpose was to place a counter-arguement
against your statement of ADC not being a strong opener. The post was for the
sake of opening poster and others.

If you're adc and you get 1 bursted in team fight it means you have bad positioning
in that current situation. It was not posted directly at you meaning "you suck".

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
cocfight
<Member>
cocfight's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 8, 2014 8:31pm | Report
Joxuu wrote:

My apologies if you took it that way. My purpose was to place a counter-arguement
against your statement of ADC not being a strong opener. The post was for the
sake of opening poster and others.

If you're adc and you get 1 bursted in team fight it means you have bad positioning
in that current situation. It was not posted directly at you meaning "you suck".

Well the point I was trying to make is that in my opinion there are better roles to play currently if you want to carry games. In my opinion ADC is incredibly team reliant and has less on an impact this season after gold was added to the jungle and support roles. I often times wish I personally had put my time into learning jungle or mid lane as opposed to ADC because they have a serious impact on the game at all points, whereas ADC only really has an impact in teamfights and taking towers in the current meta and has little to no impact on early game plays.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide