Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Which champions are better for maging?

Creator: Twilightmage January 21, 2012 5:22pm
1 2
Somalie
<Member>
Somalie's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 7, 2012 2:36pm | Report
U can see different kind of AP (more or less mages).
The pure ranged one, you can kill minions with autoattack or spell (karthus), have some spells to decimate big waves of minions (brand).
Some champ need to go in close range to perform good last-hitting (galio, gragas) or even landing some spells (gragas, akali). I find them a little harder, u cant do your job from behind :c
You must take a look at the "mana" system : do you want mana, energy, or nothing (only cooldown or life-cost)
There are also champ that need several spells to do good damages : only one spell would not have a big impact. Malzahar (dot + aoe dot + ultimate dot that suppress the target), Brand (new effect for a spell if you already hit the target with a spell), Orianna (have to move the ball to the enemy, hurt him, hurt him again making the ball come back) etc etc.
Can be tanky (naturally or by item) of really squishy, being a glasscanon pewpewlazergunin' the enemy team.

if you have any mechanic of mage that you like, even in other games, tell us, we would be way more able to help you ^^
English is not my native langage, I'm sorry about how painful to read my text are :c
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 8, 2012 11:53am | Report
Is maging like planking?
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 8, 2012 11:56am | Report
Anivia, her pushing ability after blue buff is just aaaamazing!

Only mage i can play really.... Her and cass but... i'm not good at cass(she's just op by default) :p
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
zomgpwnedanoob
<Member>
zomgpwnedanoob's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 8, 2012 12:00pm | Report
DuffTime wrote:

Is maging like planking?

Vegeta, what does the scouter say about his Lol level?
ITS OVER 9000!
Thanks to JEFFY40HANDS for the awesome sig:D
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 8, 2012 12:52pm | Report

Vegeta, what does the scouter say about his ELO?
ITS OVER 9000!

Fix't.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
Somalie
<Member>
Somalie's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 9, 2012 6:00am | Report
Anivia seems dead interesting, but as he seems a beginner to this game, I wouldnt recommend him to play the bird. Especially with Summoner's level grinding, not having jungler to give her the blue and then having jungler keeping the blue for themself.
English is not my native langage, I'm sorry about how painful to read my text are :c
Telloth
<Member>
Telloth's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 9, 2012 9:55am | Report
Annie is a great mage choice for a beginner as she isn't terribly difficult to learn. She is fairly similar to Veigar in that she stuns people and then bursts them down quickly. I haven't played Malzahar but he seems like he also isn't too difficult and he is pretty good.

As for other mages that I have played, I'd say Brand is quite difficult to play, as is Karthus and Morgana (who can absolutely wreck when she is played right). Veigar is difficult but if you are enjoying him, stick with him or try out Annie :)
Check out my guides- Ziggs: Mr Bombastic
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 9, 2012 10:56am | Report
huehue guiz
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 9, 2012 10:58am | Report
Malzahar is more of a 1v1 champion, but he is too good at it. The only champion I would safely put against him 1v1 is Veigar, only because that ult, omg. Between those two it depends on who gets the stun/suppress off first.

Brand is an extremely good mage. He has great single target capabilities, which can spread into AoE if you know how to use him. He also has some of the best DoT in the game.

LeBlanc can throw down, with burst on the same level as Veigar. Unfortunately, she gets a little difficult to use. Best played as assassin with DFG.

Kennen has great team fight utility. He needs good team composition so the poor squishy guy doesn't die before making all of his AoEs useful.

Now, if you want an AP champion that can not die... Mordekaiser, Cho'Gath, Amumu. All 3 can tank an entire team and throw down unimaginable damage without even trying or (in the case of Cho) get extremely annoying with all the CC. They all have some of the most recognizable game-changing capabilities.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
zomgpwnedanoob
<Member>
zomgpwnedanoob's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 10, 2012 5:09am | Report
lifebaka wrote:

Fix't.

Haha, well played sir...well played
Thanks to JEFFY40HANDS for the awesome sig:D
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide