Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

2016 Season Update - Champion Select &...

Creator: Wayne3100 November 4, 2015 10:30am
1 2
HiFromBuddha
<Member>
HiFromBuddha's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 9, 2015 4:04am | Report
Took a look at the new select and while in text it's a bit disorientating, I think it's looking very slick in actual practice. Of course, I don't think anyone has an issue with the pick itself, but there are some instances of abuses not regarding 4 man premades. I think the biggest issue with the whole system is how someone can be an absolute ****head and decide to queue up as support or fill for shorter queue times and then when entering select, declare that they want to play mid. Sure, you can report that ****er, but \the report system is about as efficient as a waterproof teabag, and it still doesn't change the displeasure of that one select.

Thank you to MissMaw for the signatures!
Thalia Kael
<Inhouse Addict>
Thalia Kael's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 10, 2015 12:05pm | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:
I think Dillbutt was talking about playing as five, not four (he said playing "with four people you know", after all). Either way, the main problem is the new setup will hardly measure individual skill. I get that it's more enjoyable for people to play with their friends (and I definitely see myself making use of the change if I'm still into League next season), but solo queue should provide a competitive environment for individuals who want to find out how they rank up against the rest of the world. Adapting to randoms (both in terms of roles/picks as well as playstyle) is part of that challenge.

For the record, it should be clear that this change is catering to exactly those type of players. Incidentally, those players also tend to frequently blame teammates for their own mistakes and/or believe in the existence of elo hell. From a competitive point of view, I feel this change is a big step in the wrong direction.

Make a 1v1 league then for those who want to see how they match up in individual skill or something? Idk both types of queues have giant downsides but I think dynamic queue will be better
Thanks to FatelBlade, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, TheNamelessBard, GrandmasterD, aviseras and koksei for the awesome signatures
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide