Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

2016 Season Update - Marksman, Mastery, Jungle...

Creator: Wayne3100 November 4, 2015 10:30am
MungoGeri
<Member>
MungoGeri's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 9, 2015 7:22pm | Report
By the way, mid Frost Queen's Claim works. I just played mid Zyra and got 1700 gold from it in a 35 minute game. It costs 2200 to build and can be sold for about 1500 gold, so even if I ended up selling it at the end for something else, I would've gained 1000 gold in the process.
Re4XN
<Member>
Re4XN's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 10, 2015 2:35am | Report
MungoGeri wrote:
these masteries might make Volibear almost unkillable.

If Volibear is almost unkillable, then Dr. Mundo is immortal... can't wait to try out the new masteries on him!
ibrius
<Member>
ibrius's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 10, 2015 7:15am | Report
I am sure 90% that before the beggining of the ranked season 6 graves kog etc... will get nerf
Graves is too op you can jungle and adc in the jungle well simple you dont loose life lol that shotgun thing with auto attack is crazy the new Q is impressive either and E the Dash looool you can go up to like 140 mr and armor what the hell

They will either get nerf or get permaban :p

they changed the masteries because now almost 90% of the players use the same masteries per champion per lane so riot i think want to make us think to do new masteries runes ect...

Anyway looks nice anyway ^^ i will probably start to play grave he looks really fun to play tho
MungoGeri
<Member>
MungoGeri's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 10, 2015 11:25am | Report
ibrius wrote:
I am sure 90% that before the beggining of the ranked season 6 graves kog etc... will get nerf
Graves is too op you can jungle and adc in the jungle well simple you dont loose life lol that shotgun thing with auto attack is crazy the new Q is impressive either and E the Dash looool you can go up to like 140 mr and armor what the hell

They will either get nerf or get permaban :p

I don't know, man. Graves isn't permabanned or permapicked on the PBE server anymore. Remember, his range is pretty short, so people have been learning to keep their distance and/or use their crowd control on him. A consensus is starting to emerge that Graves is great solo but isn't so great in team fights where because he has to get close, he becomes vulnerable to getting focused and destroyed.

I also don't see Kog'Maw banned or played as much. The most popular adc's right now on the PBE seem to be Miss Fortune and Caitlyn.

As far as nerfs before the season, I expect most of them will involve tuning items and masteries. That's where most of the overpowered strength is coming from. I just experienced my first broken on-hit Master Yi equipped with Devourer, BORK, Nashor's Tooth, Rageblade, boots, and Wit's End (although I think the Wit's End was a mistake because he would've already hit his attack speed cap by that point). Reportedly, Jax also does incredibly well with this kind of setup. These are the kind of combinations that are likely to be break the game during the preseason.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 10, 2015 1:41pm | Report
Volibear support seems to be a really strong pick for S6. It is all about the ADC and he is by far the best support in terms of damage and cc from level 1 to 5 to utterly dominate the lane. And this advantage snowballs immensly. Also, his roaming and ganking as natural jungler is strong as well. Finally, starting Krugs/Gromp is super easy for him with his W, tho you would like to have Q instantly for pressure.

Soraka...

LESS GENERALLY GRIEVOUS Grievous Wounds now only affects self-healing instead of all healing
MungoGeri
<Member>
MungoGeri's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 10, 2015 2:06pm | Report
NicknameMy wrote:
Volibear support seems to be a really strong pick for S6. It is all about the ADC and he is by far the best support in terms of damage and cc from level 1 to 5 to utterly dominate the lane. And this advantage snowballs immensly. Also, his roaming and ganking as natural jungler is strong as well. Finally, starting Krugs/Gromp is super easy for him with his W, tho you would like to have Q instantly for pressure.

Soraka...

LESS GENERALLY GRIEVOUS Grievous Wounds now only affects self-healing instead of all healing

I just played two games as jungle Volibear and dominated both games with him. However, this was the PBE so team compositions and the fact that people may be experimenting may have come into play with that.

Edit: You'd want to start E for the fear on the minions (and putting the life steal damage on all of the targets), then W, then Q at level 3 to start ganking.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 11, 2015 7:56am | Report
Not really, you start W and use machete, machete is way stronger than talisman, especially with an AS buff.
He is gonna kill you!!!
MungoGeri
<Member>
MungoGeri's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 11, 2015 9:12am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:
Not really, you start W and use machete, machete is way stronger than talisman, especially with an AS buff.

No, it's not way stronger. I made that mistake myself early on. The key is to realize that the damage and life steal on talisman occurs on every target hit. With one target hit, machete is always better. With two targets hit, machete does more damage but talisman steals more health. With 3 targets hit, machete does only a little more damage but talisman returns much more health. With 4 targets hit, talisman is always better. And, yes, this is assuming that you're using 15% attack speed runes.

So, if you start Gromp, you might think that you want a machete, but remember that you will probably get a leash and will use smite on him, so the difference between the items isn't big. The blue golem and wolf camps have 3 targets each, so talisman will be stronger. If you decide to keep going, the rapters have 4 targets and the red buff camp has 3 targets. Again, talisman will be stronger even with voli's passive W attack speed buff. It would be better to have a machete for the Krugs, but you'll probably have a smite charge to use, so they won't take long to take down. By this point, you can go back to base to get a machete, boots and/or the hunter's potion.
ettin
<Member>
ettin's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 12, 2015 12:38pm | Report
I truly despise the new mastery tree. I feel like it's been "dumbed" down and only being able to make two choices at each level is silly especially when only one of the choices is even relevant to the champ you're playing. The idea of keystone masteries is fine but there should be a variety of choices to make just like a variety of items to build. It shouldn't automatically fill in 5 points for you either although since you usually only have one good choice out of the two choices at each tier it doesn't seem to matter. Also changing the names to Ferocity, Cunning, etc was a waste of time.

Honestly you should go back to the old mastery system and add in the keystone masteries. Being able to customize is a MUCH better and enjoyable experience. The new system demands you make a series of coin flips to get to your keystone masteries and it makes certain classes of champions (mage supports for instance) not nearly as useful.
Re4XN
<Member>
Re4XN's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 13, 2015 2:18am | Report
Just tried out Mundo. I feel sorry for the enemy team everytime I pick the guy... I have beaten every single lane opponent I find: Darius, Gnar, Fiora... it's ridiculous. The only guy I failed to annihilate was Yasuo, but let's face it, he's ******ed AF with the new masteries/items.

If you're doing well in lane you just buy yourself a Titanic Hydra and NO ONE, I mean no one will be able to outduel you, it's ridiculous.

I also played Mundo in the jungle just to see if it got any better, and I must say, it's actually pretty good! He can now do a full clear before having to go back. Ganks are still **** though, but if you go Smite + Exhaust, it shouldn't be a problem. So far, only problem I see with Mundo jungle is the useless 150% mana regeneration while in jungle thing...

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide