Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Patch 6.11 Rundown, New skins and More!

Creator: LevasK June 2, 2016 1:55pm
LevasK
<Member>
LevasK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 2, 2016 1:55pm | Report

Hello everyone and welcome to another Riot news compilation post, where we give you a quick overview of the news content created by Riot in the past couple of days. Today's spotlight shines on the newly released Lucha Libre themed skins.

Other interesting articles include a discussion about Dynamic Queue and the future of League of Legends, Nidalee Splash Update, and Your Shop returning with some great discounts for skins you don't actually want to own :/. That's all for now, make sure to leave your thoughts on these articles in the comments below!

New free champion rotation: Ezreal, Gnar, Lucian and more!
By Wizardcrab, 05/30/2016

Greetings Summoners! Here are this week's free champions.

Bear Witness, The End Is Near
05/31/2016

Nothing escapes.

A hooded stranger comes to the ruined desert city of Vekaura, one who has walked the sands of Shurima for millennia. He comes in search of one of the Ascended Bloodline, a mortal whose lineage stretches back to the the golden age of Shurima. But he is not the only one searching, for great power flows in this mortal's veins, power that could decide the fate of Shurima.

Inside Shurima's story with the writers
By Adillonmostdirty, 05/31/2016

Some of the writers behind the Shurima story event share their behind-the-scenes perspective.

Starting off the season, we made fundamental changes to ranked to emphasize coordinated team play. After considering all possible options and assessing the gains (and losses) of dynamic queue, we've made the decision to not bring back solo queue.

Nidalee Splash Update - This cat's got new claws

By Jalapenojeff, 06/01/2016

New Nidalee bundle and Nidalee legacy skins available now.

The Lulu Bundle tastes purple. Get a delicious deal on the Lulu figure, Lulu plush and a delightful Cupcake stress ball for $35 through 6/8.

Patch Chat 6.11 – Better Nerf Irelia
By Gentleman Gustaf, 06/01/2016

Come chat with the Playtest Team and share your take on Patch 6.11.

Patch Rundown 6.11
By Socrates, 06/01/2016

Scarizard, SmashGizmo and gypsylord talk through the changes coming into Patch 6.11.

Champion and skin sale: 06.03 - 06.06
By Wizardcrab, 06/02/2016

Grab these champions and skins on sale for 50% off for a limited time:

Your Shop is back!
By Donthassledahoff, 06/02/2016

Your Shop is back! Score deals on champs and skins selected just for you until June 23.

Welcome to the maaaaaaaaain event!
By Popstar Urf, 06/02/2016

The gauntlet has been thrown, and only one can be crowned champion! Let the battle begin!

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 2, 2016 3:23pm | Report
Great compilation, thanks LevasK. <3
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 2, 2016 5:27pm | Report
I think the new Nida splashes look great but it does feel like they gave her a new personality.

I watched the Dynamic Queue talk and although I found it refreshing to get at least SOME info, I feel like the engineers have way too much power. They just say "yeah sorry we're not doing that" and then the rest is like "oh okay then". Still a nice change.

I do have some questions about their data though. They say that by allowing multiple people to queue up together they have reduced toxicity, but I think that may be a bit unfair. While I can imagine going premade will reduce toxicity for the premade players, I can also imagine premades being aggressive to the one or two solo queuers because clearly those ****ed up their game. It may have reduced overall toxicity (as in the amount of victims has decreased in the data) but it may have made toxicity for solo queuers a lot worse (a certain solo queuers is more often a victim now).

They changed nothing about the game, it's not like the game will tilt people less than before, the only thing that can change is how they vent it. And if not on their premade friends, well, guess who's left to take all the ****.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 3, 2016 9:36am | Report
I don't entirely agree with your last point. Let's say there's a 4-man with the random being adc and top and mid lane both feed early. Normally in a soloqueue environment, people might flame the two feeders, or maybe the jungler for not winning their lanes for them, but since they're premade there probably won't be any toxicity in that event. It's not vented at the adc ('cause there's actually nothing they could do about it), it's just gone.

It's definitely more tempting for a lot of people to blame the random when things go wrong, but I think there's probably a lot less toxicity in a 4-1 queue than solo queue. Still might be a bit worse for solo queuers overall, but solo queue was already a pretty harsh experience, so I don't think getting blamed is really anything new there.

There are also premades who might vent in their voice chat to each other about the random, rather than in the game chat, which is also (still kinda bad but) better than solo queuers venting in chat.
Thanks to Minho for the sig!
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 3, 2016 2:28pm | Report
Well their numbers do allegedly show that there is less toxicity overall, I don't go against that, but I do think that the premades in this new system have a worse time than before.

To go a bit further on your point, doing wrong is not necessarily a requirement for toxicity. It was in the old system, but in the 4-1 situation it can still be vented on the 1 even if he's doing well. There are always little things to whine about in the first place, but secondly, history and events right now show that anything that makes you different from the majority (not being in their premade or whatever else) can and will be used as a means to vent on people. They feel secure being with the majority so they're not afraid of retaliation.

I think your voice chat point is interesting though, I had not thought of that. Maybe you are right and it's better for solo queuers too because of that. I'd just like to have the figures on it (we just don't know for sure). Right now their numbers don't mean anything to me for the solo queuer.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide