Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

DOTAFire.com Launches!

Creator: Matt August 15, 2011 9:02pm
1 2
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 16, 2011 7:31pm | Report
I don't think anyone knows for sure whether or not it's going to be f2p yet. Honestly I would be surprised if they do anything other than f2p. Free with only a few free champs, then a cheap champ bundle or two, followed by ongoing additions to the store. Not much different from lol. Valve has been gearing up Steam to handle this type of set up for some time. Don't quote me because they like to surprise but, it seems more likely.

@Ecoste, I didn't lie. We're never going to do something until we do it. You should be used to that around here ;)
Ecoste#38107
<Member>
Ecoste#38107's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 16, 2011 7:51pm | Report
Shhh, matt. You broke mah heart!
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 16, 2011 7:57pm | Report
Ok Thank you B-Wong, if you end up finding out and getting an insider scoop inbox me with a date/details. If not I'll find out eventually :p

And thank you Matt, I really think it will be F2P, otherwise it thins down their demographic that they appeal to. Hopefully they see LoL's success and make a great game. TBH I was really dissapointed with RotT. Sorry to say people, but it was not NEARLY as refined as LOL and felt like a big company spit out the game to make a couple extra bucks :/
Check out my in depth guides by clicking on the stamps below!
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 16, 2011 9:21pm | Report
^that's because it is only in beta T_T

beta games usually don't feel as refined as one of the most popular online games that has been out of beta for two years.

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 16, 2011 10:09pm | Report
That is true but even the Non-Beta elements, the game just didn't feel refined at all. The game as a whole was just very... Slapped together. I have played other closed beta games. The overall gameplay was not enough to push me away like RotT did :/ just my opinion.
Check out my in depth guides by clicking on the stamps below!
Siveo
<Member>
Siveo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 17, 2011 4:03pm | Report
Beta ... What is beta????

Beta is just a way for companies to give themselves an excuse to bring out products that aren't yet finished and getting the attention of the crowd because it's already playable!

If something isn't good, any aspect of the product, they can just blame it to the fact that it's Beta! Take an example of the search engine Bing! I don't know exactly how long it's already in beta but I know it's already over a year! I know you can find much more examples off this if you look at Microsoft, Google, ...

Beta is just a big excuses for making promotion for an unfinished product!

Hehe, finally I said it! I've been in a couple of closed beta's and seen some off them totally change aspects off the game suddently in open beta (total new skills, maps that change and other stuff like that).

Never judge a game by its beta versions.
treeflogger
<Member>
treeflogger's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2011 4:31pm | Report
:P DOTA 2 ... brb changing shorts....
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide