Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Guides of the Week! (S9 Week 27)

Creator: PsiGuard July 4, 2019 5:42pm
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 4, 2019 5:42pm | Report

Garen guide| matchups included| 9.13 by BushBox
BushBox is obviously a Garen enthusiast, as the depth of information in this guide demonstrates his experience with the champion as well as a solid amount of research on other Garen players. Four distinct rune pages are included in the guide, along with every item you're likely to consider on the champion.

As you might have guessed from the title, this guide is quite matchup-heavy, with a lot of detail on each champion and quite a few matchups included. This combined with the build information makes this an especially great resource for Garen players looking to master their laning phase and 1v1 matchup knowledge. BushBox also includes some other great Garen resources at the bottom of the guide, which is a nice touch.

LimitlessHavoc's Top Lane Riven by LimitlessHavoc
LimitlessHavoc's Riven guide comes across as a personal insight into his own playstyle. While there are still alternative options mentioned in the guide, the overall build is more focused on a very specific way to play Riven. This makes it a bit easier to emulate for new Riven players, as they have fewer factors to focus on.

Visually, the guide has a consistent style and color scheme that nicely matches Arcade Riven . It's well organized overall and pretty easy to read. The icons and graphics do a good job of breaking up larger chunks of text, which is really helpful once you get into the meatier gameplay chapters. This guide also has a number of matchups included as well as a ton of general Riven information that'll help you handle various situations in game and adapt to new circumstances. Definitely a thorough and valuable resource for any prospective Riven players.

[9.13: Mid] Light 'Em Up (I'm on fiyaa): Luxeøn Style! by LuxTheGreyWarden
Luxeøn's Lux guide is a long-standing resource on MOBAFire that's regularly kept up to date with new patches. The author's signature colorful visual style and detailed build sections are present as always, though my personal favorite chapters are the ability tips and combos. Both chapters are concise, informative and just what your average reader is looking for when they're picking up the champion.

Like the two guides above, Luxeøn's guide includes a hefty matchups section, though this one is so long that it's split up alphabetaically into spoilers for easier navigation. If you're having trouble with a specific matchup, you can click the appropriate spoiler and chances are that champion will be covered. This matchups section alone is longer than a lot of full champion guides, so it's quite an accomplishment to include inside an already impressive guide.

If you liked any of these guides, be sure to give the authors a vote and comment with your thoughts! See you again next week. :)
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!
Maintained
<Stalker>
Maintained's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 4, 2019 7:29pm | Report
First no veteran wins the raffle, and now Vapora doesn't get a featured guide of the week

P.S. Admins dont ban me it's only a meme :^)

Special thanks to iPulsefire for the signature!
Dzopilant
<Fabulous>
Dzopilant's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 5, 2019 5:19am | Report
Interesting ... seems serious enough to ask my Atlantean friends to check this conspiration theory !
qasddsa
<Sharpshooter>
qasddsa's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 5, 2019 6:36am | Report
Maintained wrote:
First no veteran wins the raffle, and now Vapora doesn't get a featured guide of the week

P.S. Admins dont ban me it's only a meme :^)

Truly the worst timeline
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 6, 2019 5:34am | Report
the worst timeline is when GP has 3 guides and all three are featured in one week :S

by jhoijhoi
Maintained
<Stalker>
Maintained's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 6, 2019 7:08pm | Report
Jovy wrote:
the worst timeline is when GP has 3 guides and all three are featured in one week :S

You discovered a life-goal I didn't even know I had

Special thanks to iPulsefire for the signature!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide