Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

MOBAFire 2017 Guide Contest

Creator: PsiGuard November 14, 2016 2:46pm
LuxTheGreyWarden
<Veteran>
LuxTheGreyWarden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 16, 2016 12:27pm | Report
Re4XN wrote:
Well, Ferret's Ahri guide is going to take mid lane home :P

^ I agree with this statement hahaha. I can fix mine up, for sure, but it would never match how great this one is.
Tinjus
<Stalker>
Tinjus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 23, 2016 9:33pm | Report
Nice, this will be my first time entering this contest :D. Just a question, as long as we have an updated guide for season 7 we'll be entered in the competition? I'm just wondering whether you have to actually sign up or not.

Hope my Kha'Zix guide and I can do well :P
Check out my Kha'Zix guide! It covers everything you need to know in order to Consume and Adapt.
Elusive Ferret
<Crowd Favorite>
Elusive Ferret's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 24, 2016 4:04am | Report
Tinjus wrote:
Nice, this will be my first time entering this contest :D. Just a question, as long as we have an updated guide for season 7 we'll be entered in the competition? I'm just wondering whether you have to actually sign up or not.

Hope my Kha'Zix guide and I can do well :P

Yup, as long as it's updated to Season 7 it gets auto entered into the contest!
I can't take back the words I never said
Duosora
<Member>
Duosora's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2016 11:04pm | Report
I am going to finally craft a Kled guide. Hope people will like it.
It's my attempt to get RPs for Sir Kled :)
Re4XN
<Member>
Re4XN's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2016 5:37am | Report
Duosora wrote:
I am going to finally craft a Kled guide. Hope people will like it.
It's my attempt to get RPs for Sir Kled :)

Looking up to it, there's not a single good Kled guide out here. Good luck.
Elusive Ferret
<Crowd Favorite>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2016 7:56am | Report
I still have absolutely no idea how Kled works. I should probably read up on him a bit more haha
Re4XN
<Member>
Re4XN's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2016 8:49am | Report
I still have absolutely no idea how Kled works. I should probably read up on him a bit more haha

He is waaaaay too much of a coin flip champion. And although I love high-risk high-reward champions, Kled falls rather short in that category, because of his horrible early game. Literally anyone can force you off of Skaarl, and then you have to play like a wuss for 5 minutes and I find it incredibly hard to properly farm with him.

But then again, if you somehow manage to outplay the enemy champion, you snowball so hard to the point you steamroll their entire team. During my first Kled game I ended up 19/0/xx.

Anyway, getting back on track, I don't think my Sion guide will be ready in time for the contest, and my Pantheon Mid guide is simply outclassed *i cri*
Elusive Ferret
<Crowd Favorite>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2016 2:26pm | Report
One thing I've definitely noticed with Kled is that he's very slippery.

You've also still got like 18 days til the contest ends, you can do it!
Re4XN
<Member>
Re4XN's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2016 3:50pm | Report
You've also still got like 18 days til the contest ends, you can do it!

I have 21 days to save the semester. Not that I'm doing bad (comparing this year to the last one, this one is a breeze), but I can't lose focus, at least not right now xD Time is a luxury I have to fully (mostly) devote to Java, Bash, C, among other stuff...

And the guide also has a Jungle component, which has to be entirely scrapped and rewritten (since I only wrote about pathing so far). I haven't even begun work on Top Lane Sion, which is a story all its own. Maybe next year (though, this is probably a lie, since next year I'll [hopefully] begin internship).

As I like to think, it's not about winning RP (though that Warmonger Sion would be nice), it's about teaching people the in and outs of some underplayed champions. The only meta pick I have (seriously) played in ranked to this day has been Gangplank, and even the pirate has fallen out of flavour recently.
Elusive Ferret
<Crowd Favorite>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2016 4:12pm | Report
Re4XN wrote:

I have 21 days to save the semester. Not that I'm doing bad (comparing this year to the last one, this one is a breeze), but I can't lose focus, at least not right now xD Time is a luxury I have to fully (mostly) devote to Java, Bash, C, among other stuff...

And the guide also has a Jungle component, which has to be entirely scrapped and rewritten (since I only wrote about pathing so far). I haven't even begun work on Top Lane Sion, which is a story all its own. Maybe next year (though, this is probably a lie, since next year I'll [hopefully] begin internship).

As I like to think, it's not about winning RP (though that Warmonger Sion would be nice), it's about teaching people the in and outs of some underplayed champions. The only meta pick I have (seriously) played in ranked to this day has been Gangplank, and even the pirate has fallen out of flavour recently.

It's unfortunate that the contest was so much earlier this year, but you have the right frame of mind in regards to what your focus should be on.

There's definitely a lot that would need changing for a Jungle/Jungler Guide that's for sure. I was lucky that I only really had to change Masteries (which weren't anything major) and the matchups for the Assassins that got reworked/changed. Only reason it still took me over 100 hours was because I hadn't updated it in like 6 months and I also decided to completely change the visuals and layout of the Guide.

You're right it's not about winning RP too, or at least it shouldn't be. It would be a shame if the sole reason for someone's motivation of updating/making a Guide was just about winning some RP. It's a nice bonus sure and should work as some motivation, but as you say, it should be about wanting to teach people about something you have knowledge and experience with. I mean, that's the whole point of making a Guide at the end of the day no? Maybe that's just me though, I spent the RP I won last year on 2 Gnar skins for Wayne :D

Just out of curiosity, you're not on EUW right?

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide