Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Update: Guide Types added!

Creator: Matt June 10, 2011 12:09am
1 2 3 4
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 10, 2011 12:09am | Report
Well it has been a long time coming, but it's finally here, by popular demand: Guide Types! There are four guide types now;

• Champion: This is for guides that are about one specific champion, they can have multiple builds in them but they must all be the same champion.
  • Team: This is for guides that explain how to build and play a full team. They must have at least two different champions in them.
  • General: This is for general game guides, such as the popular rune tips guide.
  • Humor: This is for guides that aren't meant to be taken seriously, that are just for fun/laughs.

You will now see a dropdown when editing your guide that will allow you to choose one of the four types. It is up to the author to choose the correct type but, note that if you try to mis-categorize your guide, the mods/admins will have to step in and fix it :)

If you choose "Champion" but have added more than one champion, your guide will be forced into the "Team" category. If you choose "Team" and only have one champion added, your guide will be forced into the "Champion" category.

If your guide is categorized as "Humor" or "General", it will be considered complete if it meets the minimum character length in the description. It does not need to have any builds attached to be considered a full guide. "Champion" and "Team" guides still have the same restrictions however, and require full builds for all champions.

There is a dropdown on the browse guides page now that allows you to filter by guide type, so that you can exclude the other types from your search if you wish.

The following lists on the site have been modified to only include guides categorized as "Champion":

• Champion database pages
  • Champion guide pages (the ones linked in the footer)
  • Toplist pages (linked in the sidebar on the homepage)
  • Free champion rotation list on homepage
  • Build & Guides menu at the top, the first two items filter "Champion" guides only

All other lists are currently unaffected, but more will likely be added to the above list over time.

Now, due to the complexity of the system, we cannot easily make this retroactive. We will need your help to categorize old guides. Authors, please go and categorize your own guides properly. If you spot any mis-categorized guide, particularly if it is showing up on toplists, let us know so that we can fix it!

Enjoy :)
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 10, 2011 12:26am | Report
HOLY **** THE DAY HAS COME!

GJ :D

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Adonikam
<Veteran>
Adonikam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 10, 2011 1:52am | Report
YES
YEs
yes
YESSS
/******
Australians, the best gamers in the world combined with the worst ping.
AnIh
<Member>
AnIh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 10, 2011 2:18am | Report
well not hard click the champion name in the footer half of the guides are general guides :p
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 10, 2011 2:58am | Report
Awesome! :3
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by owentheawesomer ♡
Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 10, 2011 3:10am | Report
ITS LIKE CHRISTMAS, BUT IN JUNE
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 10, 2011 3:16am | Report
Good now the creators should get to work and mark their builds correctly :P
Did i help you? Click that +Rep

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sig!
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 10, 2011 5:20am | Report
I take it back. I managed to come up with a way to (somewhat) apply this retroactively. I've just run a script that modifies all past guides with more than one different champion to be listed as Team guides instead of Champion guides. It may take a little for the caches to refresh across the site but once they do, these team guides should all disappear from the above mentioned lists! Yay!

However, it's not perfect, as many of those "Team" guides are actually General guides, and the Humor guides are still lost in there somewhere as well. For those, I will need input from you guys to find. I've added a tool to allow mods to help sort them as well so if people spot them and let us know, we can make quick work of it :)

Edit: Or the authors could just go and fix it themselves, this would also work ;)
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 10, 2011 6:46am | Report
Time to post my "Feeding like a pro" guide!
Ahuehuehueheuehuehueuahuahueheu
"We've had a few gloomy years with bad console ports, and what do we get in the light at the end of the console-tunnel? A tablet OS ported to PC." - Atlas Tasume, on Windows 8
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 10, 2011 7:33am | Report
How is the "team guide" section going to effect the "similar builds" box? Are the multiple champs builds going to be removed from it? That would put some of the lower guides on a few pages up a bit.
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D
1 2 3 4

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide