Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

[Update] New Profiles, Subscriptions and Many,...

Creator: Mowen April 2, 2014 6:13pm
1 2 3
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 3, 2014 10:46am | Report
I just subscribed to my guides. Eesy peezy

Thanks to OwenTheAwesomer for the signature =)
astrolia
<Fabulous>
astrolia's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 3, 2014 1:21pm | Report
Matt wrote:
@oxide110 and MissMaw, the original design didn't reload the page on tab changes, but the issue there was... You had to download every single tab all at once, every single time you load someone's profile. That's a huge amount to load, which is taxing for us but also for users, especially mobile users. The alternative is loading them as you click them, without reloading the whole page. That would be a bit nicer but, it's quite a bit more work to set up for everything, plus the issue of dealing with paging on the individual tabs, and having functional links to specific parts of a profile, etc... We decided it wasn't a big enough improvement to warrant the time, given the other things we could do instead :)

Mobafire isn't a responsive site and the top menu isn't mobile-friendly at all, but mobile users are suddenly a major concern when it comes to navigating through someone's profile?
hi embracing. yes i play ff14 now.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 3, 2014 1:57pm | Report
I really dislike that all guides are in the same tab now, whether unpublished/archived or not.

it adds extra clutter and makes me want to just delete guides I haven't finished because they make it messy. I get that no one else can see that, but still.
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 3, 2014 5:43pm | Report
@Meiyjhe, subscribing to a forum is risky, it could result in a LOT of posts coming through the notification system, bogging it down. We'll keep it in mind, if we can think of a way to get notifications for forums, but it would likely be something separate from this.

@Nighthawk, we used to trim the activity log since we didn't show much history and it was a lot of unnecessary data. So yeah some older content might not be in there :(

@IceCreamy, seems a few people are bothered by the missing comment count, I'll see about adding it back in :)

@astrolia, that was not the only reason the new profiles work they way they do, there are a number of reasons. It is true though, that loading all tabs at once would be worse for mobile, and also for desktop browsers. It is a huge amount of content to load at once regardless of your platform :(

@The_Nameless_Bard, we could add a checkbox to show/hide archived guides? This would at least clean those up, but still make it easy to get them back. Unpublished guides, we could sink them to the bottom at least, so your published guides are always at the top of the list? We'll have a quick chat about it :)

Thanks for the feedback guys! Keep it coming!
IceCreamy
<Veteran>
IceCreamy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 4, 2014 9:25am | Report
I was wondering about the green bars at guides when you look at your profile.
I just noticed that there are bars around there, it took me a good look though - perhaps make the color a bit more distinguishable from the background?

Thanks for the quick response tho, you guys deliver! :D

DuffTime wrote:
ok ok plz carry me omg
i was only waiting for you to ask

Temzilla wrote:
Too hot to be icecream.

Luther3000 wrote:
He looks like a hair gel advert on legs

Toshabi wrote:
Icecreamy, with hair as slick and smooth as the ocean waves of Cocobana
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 4, 2014 12:09pm | Report
If you get the subscription message about someone who has quoted someone it doesn't seem to be clickable.
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 5, 2014 8:31am | Report
About the PMs:

Could it be possible to make like a reply button or something or make the box a little bit smaller? It is kinda weirdly placed (or looks like it is) because it is so big. Also the text could be whiter imo.

Thanks to OwenTheAwesomer for the signature =)
IPodPulse
<Altruistic Artist>
IPodPulse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 5, 2014 11:16am | Report
Hey I also got a suggestion. How about when someone quotes you it is added to the subscription menu. I think this would take away the need to constantly check a thread just to see if someone replied to your post
If you found me helpful give me some +Rep :)
Signature Shop!|Tryndamere Guide|Rengar Guide

Run out of zen for a signature? Stop by The_Nameless_Bard for a custom signature, all you have to do is ask!
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 5, 2014 11:19am | Report
We have those kinds of things in mind but it's not quite the same thing. I'm not sure how hard it is / when we can do something like that. This makes the framework for things like that to happen though, which is a good step. :)
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
astrolia
<Fabulous>
astrolia's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 5, 2014 4:07pm | Report
1) Lump messages and subscriptions into 1 area like... "notifications".
2) "Content library" means nothing. Don't make categorization labels that suck yo. Currently the content library landing page does nothing too. So instead of having the 4 tabs on the content library... thing, put guides/threads/qs/vids on the left hand navigation bar w/the other options. If you're concerned about space, do an accordion or something. Idk.
3) Guides should be organized like before. Why are all 3 mixed together now? Since there's no other way to preview a guide before publishing, I'm sure there are a few people who have a ton of old, archived guides they published then archived just to show the guide to a friend/etc for feedback.
4) Add comment # back to guides in the profile menu, or enable a hover/tool tip that shows votes/comments/views/etc when they rollover a guide. I'm pretty sure people are used to seeing those things from their profile, so it's odd to take them away.
5) Need some kind of subscription manager so you can unsub threads/etc w/o having to go directly to the guide comments or thread and hit un-sub there.

EDIT:

6) The old profile page was the best possible UIX a person could've asked for a profile page. Everything about that person was there - summoner name, what guides they wrote, posts/content contributions, bio, etc. The new profile splits all of this info up. The default profile page is only a list of posts with little about the user. This is like 50 steps backward from the previous version.
hi embracing. yes i play ff14 now.
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide