Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Update: Option to require a comment before...

Creator: Matt January 9, 2011 9:08pm
SixSonatas
<Veteran>
SixSonatas's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2011 2:29pm | Report
I wasn't referring to my guide :x I was referring to Taric as a whole, and other hard-to-play chars; it's just something I saw on some other guides where the build with the proper playstyle works, but the voter doesn't play that style and votes down.

A similar thing Restrictnine experienced was with a voter not using the exact runes, and that gave bad results, and Restrict ended up with a DV; like, there are people who don't follow the guides exactly and their opinion reflects THEIR playstyle, which doesn't necessarily reflect how the guide would actually work if followed.

On my note, my trolls were simply trolls - people who didn't leave any reason so I don't know why they're there; all my comments are positive :x which is why the comment-to-vote feature is on for me now :)
Super old vet that almost never goes on Mobafire anymore. Contact me in game @ SixSonatas and Mobafire chat (NA).
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2011 2:49pm | Report
I wrote a big long response but honestly I'd rather just put this to rest already.

Enjoy the feature :)
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2011 3:16pm | Report
Of course, sir admin. :)
Booshido
<Member>
Booshido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2011 3:32pm | Report
Ye I enabled it on all my guides =]
SixSonatas
<Veteran>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2011 4:15pm | Report
Hey Matt, I'd just like you to see what my 82nd and 83rd comments (with votes) were.

If this is seriously how the community is going to (t)roll, consider me out too.
Super old vet that almost never goes on Mobafire anymore. Contact me in game @ SixSonatas and Mobafire chat (NA).
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2011 4:24pm | Report
You can't expect every comment to be a long, well thought out and helpful piece of advice. This is why voting and comment systems are always separate. If they want to comment, they'll comment. If they want to vote, they'll vote. If they want to do both, cool. Force them to do both, and you're gonna get a lot of useless comments. I'm not sure why you guys are surprised at this.

The community gave your guide 87%. That's awesome. They also gave you two down votes... So? It's gonna happen.
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2011 4:24pm | Report
I just got 3 downvotes on my Amumu guide for no reason... Probably because I responded so harshly to trolls on my Caitlyn guide. ;_;
SixSonatas
<Veteran>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2011 4:47pm | Report
I feel like the comment thing is making people WANT to downvote more, and especially with NEW ACCOUNTS.

As good of a score I have, the score doesn't matter to me at all, Matt; it's the fact that there are trolls that make me want to never write another guide again. Sure, you're saying troll accounts will be deleted, but obvious ones for mine aren't just because I have a high score? I don't understand why trolls will get deleted for lower scored guides and not the higher scored guides, and then once those lower scored guides become higher scored guides, they will just have to deal with trolls too? Be fair, Matt, just because guides have high scores doesn't mean they will tolerate trolls more.

I'd rather just teach my friends in real life, and knowing they'll put the advice to good use without me using too much of an effort, than trolls laugh at me for the work I put in, which could easily be less.

This is why the bandwagon for archiving all builds have been prominent. HeAt, Scrax, Restrictnine, Alahric - ALL notable veterans, who are pissed off at trolls. I'm not going to go as far as archiving my build, but I am seriously thinking of just making a good real life community good at the game rather than an online community.

The whole idea of the mentoring thing is a lot better, seeing how the people who actually WANT to be mentored are civilized people, and (usually) not trolls. But with the forum having about 50 or so daily users, that thread isn't nearly popular enough.
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2011 4:59pm | Report
Think about all the people that your guides have helped. The negative people are just the loudest. For every 1 obnoxious person that makes his presence known there is probably 100 or more great people that read your guide and really benefited from it, and didn't even log in on the site. The voting system is the most likely place for those people to be heard, but the harder you make it for them to use, the less likely they are to follow through. This is why I wanted to open voting up MORE, not less.

If it's not about the score then let people vote as they please and ignore it. Take pleasure in the people that do take the time to thank and commend you for what you've done.
Adonikam
<Veteran>
Adonikam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2011 5:06pm | Report
Matt can we have a "cooldown" feature. Say you create an account and you have to wait a week before you can vote/comment? I've been spammed DVs by accounts created on the same day. I love the new feature but this is very disheartening.

JHOIJHOI IS THE BESTEST PERSON IN THE WHOLE WORLD AND THIS SIG IS AMAZING TY <3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide