Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Update: Private Messaging, Player Finder,...

Creator: Matt March 26, 2011 10:43pm
1 2 3 4
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 26, 2011 10:43pm | Report
As you've probably noticed, we just launched a nice big update! We are excited for this one, so let's break it down!

Private Messaging

Click "Messages" at the top right while logged in to access the new private messaging system! We tried to strike a balance between keeping it simple, but providing the most useful features. You can start a new private message with a group of people, however after the creation of the discussion it acts like email. Replies cannot be deleted or edited. You also cannot add anyone new to the discussion after it has been created, if you want to bring in more people you'll have to start a new one. You can delete a discussion from your inbox at any time, but you will leave the discussion then - you will not see past messages from it, and you won't receive future messages.

We also included a simple "block" system. You can block any user and they will no longer be able to include you in new discussions. However any existing discussions you are in together will not be affected, you would have to delete those discussions from your inbox.

I think that covers it... Go give it a try!

Player Finder/Matchmaker

Under the new Community menu item you will find links to the forum and guide discussion, as well as a new link to the "Player Finder". This is just a basic search of MOBAFire members to help find people, with some bonus features that let you search for people based on their profile/matchmaking information. We hope that people can make use of this to help find people to play with, but it's also just a handy way to look someone up without fishing around the site for one of their posts :)

Don't forget to go edit your profile and fill in all the new information!

Vanity Titles

Some of you may have discovered a new "Titles" dropdown when editing your profile. We have updated our title system to allow us to give out new and unique titles to you guys and allow you to choose which one you want to display (or to turn it off altogether). We haven't given out any special new titles yet but they will start appearing soon! Note that titles are now basically separate of rank. You can always tell someone's rank on the site by the color of their name, even if their title does not reflect it :)

Other Stuff

Mods can now edit and delete comments. Along with the new PM system, this will help them to deal with obnoxious users and spam more easily. We've also added the "online user" counts to the top bar, just for fun so you can always see how many others are on the site. I think I'm forgetting some other things... Bug fixes and minor tweaks... That's all the important stuff.
Adonikam
<Veteran>
Adonikam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 26, 2011 10:45pm | Report
+rep you're a super star my man. Love the work you've been doing.

JHOIJHOI IS THE BESTEST PERSON IN THE WHOLE WORLD AND THIS SIG IS AMAZING TY <3
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 26, 2011 10:46pm | Report
Made my day, and it's still early in the morning (Norway)! Thank you :D!
ShadowReign757
<Member>
ShadowReign757's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 26, 2011 10:48pm | Report
Wow, this is just amazing, didn't even notice the titles. Thanks a ton Matt!

EDIT: Give Jet a title that says "The Professional Troll"

Bravery is being the only one who knows you're afraid.

Adonikam
<Veteran>
Adonikam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 26, 2011 10:48pm | Report
What does this mean Matt?

LFG / LFM

ShadowReign757
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 26, 2011 10:49pm | Report
Adonikam wrote:

What does this mean Matt?

LFG / LFM

LFG = Looking For Group

LFM = Looking For Match

Not too sure about LFM, but I know LFG for sure.

Bravery is being the only one who knows you're afraid.

Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 26, 2011 10:51pm | Report
It's just a flag that indicates you're looking for others to play with. It shows an icon next to your name in the Player Finder to indicate to others that they can get in touch with you to set up a match.

Currently, those features are not very in-depth. We wanted to gauge user interest in it before we went too crazy. If people only use it for a basic member-finder, that's fine. However if everyone likes the idea of having a more feature-rich matchmaker then we can expand on the idea :)
Adonikam
<Veteran>
Adonikam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 26, 2011 10:52pm | Report
Ah sweet I kinda guessed that but I'm loving all the changes! It's like unwrapping a present!
Australians, the best gamers in the world combined with the worst ping.
ShadowReign757
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 26, 2011 10:59pm | Report
I've noticed that in the player finder, I filtered it by Reputation. Next to Xaioli's name was a golden crown thing. What does that mean?

Cluster bombing from B-52s is very, very accurate -- the bombs always hit the ground.

Adonikam
<Veteran>
Adonikam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 26, 2011 11:03pm | Report

I've noticed that in the player finder, I filtered it by Reputation. Next to Xaioli's name was a golden crown thing. What does that mean?

Didn't you hear? Xai's a king now!

1 2 3 4

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide