Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Update: Private Messaging, Player Finder,...

Creator: Matt March 26, 2011 10:43pm
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 26, 2011 11:38pm | Report
Matt wrote:

If you don't have any titles yet, the option to change it won't appear. There are currently no titles beyond Veteran, Moderator and Administrator. We will be awarding new titles to some people soon :)

Well that clears things up very nicely! Thanks again for the hard work and a quick reply =)
Zeprido is currently:Online
If I've helped you at all in any way, or you really like my post click that +Rep button =)
You can always call me Zep for short =D
Feel free to private message me with questions/concerns or if you just want to chat =)
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 26, 2011 11:47pm | Report
wait Matt...

so does that mean, for instance,

when someone is a vet/mod/admin they can change vet/mod/admin to say like

noodleless bowl breaker...

or something

so for instance

could Scrax change his title from "Veteran" to "Noodleless Bowl Breaker"

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 26, 2011 11:48pm | Report
FFFFFF- Damn you :D
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 26, 2011 11:49pm | Report
Scrax wrote:

FFFFFF- Damn you :D

just using you as an example.

you know I love you <3

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 26, 2011 11:50pm | Report
I think it'd just be a subtitle.

Like :
Scrax
<Veteran>
Noodleless Bowl Breaker

Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 26, 2011 11:52pm | Report
Screw you guys, I'm going HOME! :(

More serious; Let's not derail :D
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 26, 2011 11:57pm | Report
@ B-Wong

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh.

that makes sense.

if everyone is able to get those titles, then I know what Jet's should be.

"While Mr. Amumu needs no introduction, I do want to state that Amumu's new definition of "disproportionableness" is really in disagreement with his meddlesome programs of Gleichschaltung. Before I start, however, I should state that to understand what Amumu's particularly lecherous form of tuchungism has encompassed as a movement and as a system of rule, we have to look at its historical context and development as a form of frightful politics that first arose in early twentieth-century Europe in response to rapid social upheaval, the devastation of World War I, and the Bolshevik Revolution. Ill-bred, atrabilious misogynists generally maintain that he has no intention to bask in the balmy shine of negativism, but Amumu's often-quoted theories belie this notion. As he matures emotionally he'll eventually grow out of his present way of thinking and come to realize that he has been trying to raise funds for scientific studies that "prove" that free speech is wonderful as long as you're not bashing him and the resentful faddism enthusiasts in his club. This is what's called "advocacy research" or "junk science" because it's funded by coprophagous, sullen imbeciles who have already decided that people don't mind having their communities turned into war zones.

Amumu sees no reason why he shouldn't set the hoops through which we all must jump. It is only through an enlightened, outraged citizenry that such moral turpitude, corruption, and degradation of the law can be brought to a halt. So, let me enlighten and outrage you by stating that Amumu is not just querulous. He is unbelievably, astronomically querulous. His "compromises" have no basis in science or in human experience. Instead, they consist of brown-nosing, conceited revenge fantasies derived from a world view rooted in loathsome, lethargic egotism. Amumu's victims have been speaking out for years. Unfortunately, their voices have long been silenced by the roar and thunder of Amumu's confreres, who loudly proclaim that Amumu has a duty to conceal the facts and lie to the rest of us, under oath if necessary, perjuring himself to help disseminate the True Faith of frotteurism. Regardless of those lewd proclamations, the truth is that in a tacit concession of defeat, he is now openly calling for the abridgment of various freedoms to accomplish coercively what his lazy animadversions have failed at.

To say otherwise would be brusque. There is no inconsistency here; we must overcome the fears that beset us every day of our lives. We must overcome the fear that Amumu will blitz media outlets with faxes and newsletters that highlight the good points of his gutless initiatives. And to overcome these fears, we must draw a picture of what we conceive of under the word "institutionalization". He has been deluding people into believing that no one is smart enough to see through his transparent lies. Don't let him delude you, too.

Those of us who are still sane, those of us who still have a firm grip on reality, those of us who still believe that anyone who thinks that everything is happy and fine and good is not living in the real world, have an obligation to do more than just observe what Amumu is doing from a safe distance. We have an obligation to work together towards a shared vision. We have an obligation to make him answer for his wrongdoings. And we have an obligation to point out that the emperor has no clothes on. So, what am I doing about that? I'm educating. I'm trying to reach out to the poor, the marginalized, and those unfortunate enough to have been labeled as vengeful by Amumu's propaganda machine.

Should someone think that I am saying too much, I am not saying too much but much too little. For Amumu believes that he has the trappings of deity. The real damage that this belief causes actually has nothing to do with the belief itself but with psychology, human nature, and the skillful psychological manipulation of that nature by Amumu and his dimwitted, biggety lieutenants. People tell me that the word "gastrohysterorrhaphy" is so compromised that I retain it only as a pejorative. And the people who tell me this are correct, of course. As this letter draws to a close, I should state that I regret not having been able to say more about how Mr. Amumu is a bacillus in the testy gut of heathenism. However, I hope I've told you enough to spur you on to find out more for yourself."

Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 27, 2011 12:05am | Report
O_o

The title would replace his Veteran title. We may modify that so that your rank is always spelled out, in addition to your title, but not decided yet. We'll see how people use it :)

As for future titles - some will be explained on how to get them, some will be a surprise, some will be special one-offs or contests :)
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 27, 2011 12:08am | Report
Matt wrote:

some will be special one-offs or contests :)

Like who can drop a bowl the quickest?

trololol

k I'm done beating on Scrax xD

with a serious face on:

what exactly do you mean by contests/one-offs? what kind of things would that be?

also, when can we expect this to be implemented? next patch?

Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 27, 2011 12:18am | Report
Vanity titles are already implemented, we may start giving some out manually at any time. Automatic ones, I can't say when we will start doing that. Let the dust settle from this patch first :) Vanity titles were a bit of a last minute addition to this update.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide